IGNORED

Legends Flashback 2019 ColecoVision Flashback Converter Pack

So, I collect the various mini systems and like to hack them. I've been trying to figure out what to do with the 2019 Legends Flashback (100 Games, Standard Edition) unit I have. It has a few built in ColecoVision games and the emulator core. but you couldn't add more .cv games to it. until now.

Please give feedback, and if someone could test if actual CV controllers of some type work, please. otherwise you have to use the on screen menu like the built in CV games do.

instructions are inside the rar file.

ColecoVision Flashback Converter v0.3

CVFBCv0.3.rar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a pack that will convert your Legends Flashback 2019 to a Sega MasterSystem Flashback. It plays SG-1000, Mark-III, and MasterSystem games. If you already flashed your system for the ColecoVision pack you do NOT have to re-flash it. 

Again, feedback would be awesome, I'm curious to know if real MasterSystem pads will work on this.

MasterSystem Flashback Converter v0.2

MSCv0.2.rar

• Thanks 1

Here are some older screenshots of the Coleco Pack. The CV-Flashback logo on the main menu is a little different in the final version. Featured Games list is also different, but you can edit all of that yourself if you wanted to.

102810381_2587312538209646_3161780657061803208_n.jpg

101824445_808849492980786_1632745392059806177_n.jpg

Edited by Draxxon

• 3 months later...

So this is probably a dumb question, but can't hurt to ask: we can't do anything similar to play Colecovision games on the Flashback X, right?  I mean, I don't think the stock system has any Colecovision games, so I am guessing it doesn't have the emulator core for it?  

Thanks for everything you do for this community!

no, there is no CV core in the AFBX. But, the LFB and the AFBX are the same single board computer inside their shells. So, I wouldn't be surprised if it is possible, somehow.

from what i can tell, the CV core is the BlueMSX core, because CV super game module games aren't supported. 

I'm still curious if real CV controllers work in the LFB2. Here is the CV core from the LFB2 if you want to examine it.

libcv.so

Edited by Draxxon

The LFB 2019 Deluxe has both the CV and the Atari cores. So, if a custom firmware was developed for that system, you could add CV and Atari games to it. If I remember right, Atari 2600 joysticks and paddles DO NOT work on the LFB2D, though. Not sure if its a hardware or software issue.

Is there a way to slip the CV core into the AFBX and just allow the CV extension in the 'game' folder/'ext usb drive' menu? I have no clue. Will other controllers even work on the AFBX so you can bring up the CV onscreen numberpad and have 2 action buttons for gameplay?? again... no idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize not a lot of people are following this, but from here I am going to test the CV Pack and remove broken roms/fix broken rom paths. Also, I'm going to add the sega game gear games and box art to the sg-1000/master system pack and see what boot up time ends up being. I learned my lesson on the AFB9/X packs. I'm shooting for "themed" SD Cards this time. (or put multiple system set ups on one SD Card and move the files around as wanted on your pc.)

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Belated response, but thanks much for the info.  Much if it is above my head - I don't have the slightest idea what to do with the core :).  But it sure would be nice to be able to add other systems to the AFBX, even the 5200 or 7800 if not Coleco.  I guess since there were Coleco and Intellivision flashbacks - and I think I read somewhere that there were some 5200 games on one of the other Flashbacks? - they must at least have the capacity to create a firmware running multiple cores.  Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it possible to delete games from this pack? I tried to delete some ROMs from the SD card, but they still show up on the system as "empty" slots with just the game name. Is there some sort of config file or database that needs to be edited? Or are the game titles/slots baked into the firmware itself? This is an awesome project either way.

in the rom folder is a file called all-games.ini

edit it with notepad and delete the entries for the games you removed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This project has had major updates behind the scenes. Everything you

see on the Atari Flashback X thread works here as well. Folders, more 

emulator cores, button mapping, etc. turbografx-16, famicom disk

system, odyssey2, atari 7800, man... a lot of stuff.

the plan is to at some point create an all-in-on cfw for all the various

LFB models.

Edited by Draxxon

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 1:18 PM, Draxxon said:

in the rom folder is a file called all-games.ini

edit it with notepad and delete the entries for the games you removed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This project has had major updates behind the scenes. Everything you

see on the Atari Flashback X thread works here as well. Folders, more 

emulator cores, button mapping, etc. turbografx-16, famicom disk

system, odyssey2, atari 7800, man... a lot of stuff.

the plan is to at some point create an all-in-on cfw for all the various

LFB models.

I can't wait this is awesome