IGNORED

Possible to buy Wyvern Tales any more?

battleman13

The game looks really interesting to me, and fills a MUCH needed gap on the system. I think any homebrewer out there has a real chance at making an RPG ish title that would sell really well. 

Having said that, the website just says due to high demand and slow production time... none are available for direct sale. The only copy I could find on eBay was like $200.. Is there any place or any chance new copies are going to be available?

I really wish there were a way to buy roms of some of this stuff. I'm sure some of you clever folks could work out a system. Could lower the cost, since you don't need to produce anything and the products could be available nearly indefinitely. 

Does each lynx have an "ID"... perhaps find a way to hash a password using the ID of the lynx... you send that hash in, then the author sends you a special copy of the game with the hashed value and that game will only run on your lynx. I mean... I get that perhaps that system of a system is pretty easy to defeat by simply programming out the hash check... buttt there are ways for detecting altered code as well. 

• Like 1

I'm still selling and working on production of the game. You can PM me on here and I can keep you updated with the mailing list. The mailing list has been stale for a while, but I should have something interesting to announce within the next 3 months.

About selling a ROM.. there are 2 reasons why I will not go down this road with WT. It has a save feature that isn't properly supported by the emulators in general. I'm aware of some work being done for this, but more importantly, I built the game specifically to run on the hardware.

I'm a huge fan of JRPGs, and there are 100s out there to be enjoyed on emulation. I wanted to create a game that makes you want to pick up the Lynx specifically and be able to get some feeling of progression on the hardware, without the pressure that the arcade games give the player. This is a feeling that I think can only be obtained by playing it on the original hardware.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Ninjabba said:

I'm still selling and working on production of the game. You can PM me on here and I can keep you updated with the mailing list. The mailing list has been stale for a while, but I should have something interesting to announce within the next 3 months.

About selling a ROM.. there are 2 reasons why I will not go down this road with WT. It has a save feature that isn't properly supported by the emulators in general. I'm aware of some work being done for this, but more importantly, I built the game specifically to run on the hardware.

I'm a huge fan of JRPGs, and there are 100s out there to be enjoyed on emulation. I wanted to create a game that makes you want to pick up the Lynx specifically and be able to get some feeling of progression on the hardware, without the pressure that the arcade games give the player. This is a feeling that I think can only be obtained by playing it on the original hardware.

I play the majority of my games on a bennvenn flash cart :) on real lynx hardware. while I own a good 30 or more original carts, the flash cart is just more convenient. Plus it gives access to tech demos, freeware and the ability to play things like the programming contest entries on real hardware. 

• 8 months later...

This game is so great; i really need to get back to it!  Was actually just thinking of playing it last night.

There is an excellent "Maps" thread somewhere in the Lynx forum and i hope we get more someday; as i feel sort of lost right now.  The initial screen or two is pretty easy to memorize but after that once you get to bigger areas it's pretty easy to get lost in the sauce and wonder where to go next.   Still...i really need to get back to this one.  Totally great classic RPG for the Lynx! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...