IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Weeks 18/19 ~ Hot HomeBrews

Vocelli

Mind blown.

19 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Doggone It!-61,730.

My first reaction was to drop to my knees Wayne and Garth style and start chanting "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!"  With my best score being just over 53k, I always thought that somewhere in the low 60k was possible, but was it really achievable?  I suppose it was like going to the moon for the first time.  I am sure some back then were like "Yeah it's possible, but I'll believe it when you hand me some moon rocks."  Well @Rogerpoco, you delivered (and if you can post a video of your game, I would love to see it).

Once @Vocelli informed me that the 2600 HSC was going to play Doggone It!, I made the comment to him that I was excited to see what professionals could really score on Doggone It!.  I never thought any of you would top my best score.  I have been humbled.

I have been playing a few games of Doggone It! myself over the last two weeks and I have topped out at around 51k.  I think that that puts me in third place (at least for now) for this competition.  I have been humbled.

19 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Learn the relative timing of the Kitty-if it's gonna come out soon and you are down to the last packages, there are a few instances to actually wait a sec-IMO, the 2x is the overall best power up, if you don't have one, you can take a chance and hope to(use)trade your pocketed power up and pick up a "better" one, and if you already have a 2x pocketed, if you get a 2x you'll still recieve bonus points for two packages delivered, tho you only delivered one(I think...), and any of the other three will help you complete the level "faster". So if the kitty is "close", it might be worth waiting out.

What I have now just come to realize (and I think it took those doses of humility) was that you guys (and gals!) are gamers.  I am a programmer.  I am not a gamer.  Rogerpoco's explanation of waiting for the Kitty is something I never considered.  You guys are not always pushing the boundaries, you are redefining them.  I am so glad that Doggone It! was included in this competition, as I hope this experience will make me a better programmer.  I have no hope of becoming a better gamer (unless I start writing in some cheats).

- Armscar Coder

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much Man-

Somehow, some of the best to ever play 2600, IMO, are among my Best Friends and Mentors, and we just keep pushing at each other to get better and better!

(Do me a favor, don't look at my scores for the upcoming paddle weeks, it'll shatter the illusion...)

:P

Shoot, yur a gamer, regardless, but 50K on this is no joke, I honestly have "Master Class" Friends stuck in the 40's!!

There are a few restarts in the beginning, haha, waiting on the start I wanted, but here ya go:

• Like 6