IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 39 is up!

Rick Reynolds

We've got Feedback, News, Voicemails, an interview with Intellivision Entertainment's Software Technical Director John Alvarado, and a follow-up interview with Blue Sky Ranger Daniel Bass.  Friend and big supporter of the show Steve Craft makes an appearance, and we've also got plenty of George, and an extended Outtakes!

http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-39-distanced-intelligence/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

We've got Feedback, News, Voicemails, an interview with Intellivision Entertainment's Software Technical Director John Alvarado, and a follow-up interview with Blue Sky Ranger Daniel Bass.  Friend and big supporter of the show Steve Craft makes an appearance, and we've also got plenty of George, and an extended Outtakes!

http://intellivisionaries.com/episode-39-distanced-intelligence/

It's about freaking time! Those guys are so lazy with getting the episodes out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Daniel Bass follow-up was nice, explaining how some of the tunes came about.  He did a really good job of duplicating the arcade game, except for the fact that the panic/hyperspace function was added.  Maybe QA felt locomotion was too hard.  Did this come up in the first interview?

So what cartridge is being reviewed next?

The Daniel Bass follow-up was nice, explaining how some of the tunes came about.  He did a really good job of duplicating the arcade game, except for the fact that the panic/hyperspace function was added.  Maybe QA felt locomotion was too hard.  Did this come up in the first interview?

So what cartridge is being reviewed next?

Thanks. Yeah I really enjoyed doing the followup with Daniel as well. I guess none of us realized the Panic Button element wasn’t a part of the arcade game. Perhaps Daniel will chime in here if I give him a nudge.

We haven’t picked the next game yet; although there are a couple likely candidates. I’ve got several programmer interviews ‘in the can’ as well.

•Sent from my Intellivision keypad phone
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Just started listening to this episode.  Just wanted to add that the Wii has twice as many Just Dance, Barbie, and Monster High games.  Also Hannah Montana, Dora, Bratz, etc.  I've had sooo many awkward purchases as GameStop over the years ?

Lol. You're the reason I'm buying all these bloody Wii U games. At least you convinced me not to do the Wii as well. ?

13 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Just started listening to this episode.  Just wanted to add that the Wii has twice as many Just Dance, Barbie, and Monster High games.  Also Hannah Montana, Dora, Bratz, etc.  I've had sooo many awkward purchases as GameStop over the years ?

Yeah, but the Wii has 1500 games and the WiiU 170. The Just Dance games are almost 10% of the WiiU library. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The outtakes were brilliant... that audible distancing had all the professional touch of a man who clearly wasn't yelling at his first wall.  

A very humble thank you for the channel shoutout, that just made my week.  Might be something of a 2nd to getting that shoutout on Romper Room's magic mirror segment, but it's up there.  I mean, it's Romper Room.  The playground cred.  

"Daniel, go get a surname."  ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, RetroAdvisoryBoard said:

The outtakes were brilliant... that audible distancing had all the professional touch of a man who clearly wasn't yelling at his first wall.  

A very humble thank you for the channel shoutout, that just made my week.  Might be something of a 2nd to getting that shoutout on Romper Room's magic mirror segment, but it's up there.  I mean, it's Romper Room.  The playground cred.  

Sadly Paul and I may have caused Rick to yell at more than one wall, so yes, he does come by it honestly. ?

happy to give you a shoutout, I really enjoy your takes here on AA and on AAA (that's a lot of A's), as well as your well thought out videos. ??

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Sadly Paul and I may have caused Rick to yell at more than one wall, so yes, he does come by it honestly. ?

happy to give you a shoutout, I really enjoy your takes here on AA and on AAA (that's a lot of A's), as well as your well thought out videos. ??

Nothing wrong with a lot of Eh's!!!!!!   Am I right eh!   

I hate myself for supporting that stereotype.  

For penance I will play 3 games of Intellivision Carnival. 

• Haha 6

On 10/6/2020 at 1:02 PM, RetroAdvisoryBoard said:

Thanks for the kind words!  We all love your stuff, so more than happy to give you the mention.  Putting together the outtakes is one of the most enjoyable parts of producing the episodes for me.  Glad you enjoyed them!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi All, sorry for the delay in trying to answer your question about the panic button. Frankly, my recollection was that the panic button was part of the arcade game. If it wasn't then my guess is it was added to make the game a little more survivable, as the goal was not to eat quarters. However, after nearly 40 years, I really can't say for sure.

As for the delay, shortly after this thread was posted I had a family crisis involving Covid, followed in April with my diagnosis with prostate cancer, and treatment lasting the rest of last year. I was finally feeling like I can open up a bit, and then along came omicron.  Oh well. Stay safe out there!

• Like 4

Hi All, sorry for the delay in trying to answer your question about the panic button. Frankly, my recollection was that the panic button was part of the arcade game. If it wasn't then my guess is it was added to make the game a little more survivable, as the goal was not to eat quarters. However, after nearly 40 years, I really can't say for sure.

As for the delay, shortly after this thread was posted I had a family crisis involving Covid, followed in April with my diagnosis with prostate cancer, and treatment lasting the rest of last year. I was finally feeling like I can open up a bit, and then along came omicron.  Oh well. Stay safe out there!

Hey, Daniel. Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you’re doing OK now! I was just thinking about you last week, as you made it into our year-end outtakes episode.

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software