IGNORED

Stratovox (2600)

RaymanC

6 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

New high score, difficulty set to “A”. I’ve been able to kill two aliens with a single shot on occasion. Just mentioning this because I’m not sure if this is allowed in the coin-op version.

Hmmm, never thought of that...I will check the arcade version...

Thanks Steve !! Keep playing !!

Carlos

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Bumping this thread to see if anyone else will play and provide some feedback.

Steve,

You awesome son of a gun!

I had so forgotten about this!

Only played one game so far...

P1020792.thumb.JPG.84a0270a8bceae841bcc7911e0204f15.JPG

I actually snapped a pic on a whim and right as I did, it reverted back to the title screen.

This is a Fantastic Game!!!!!

If I had seen this on the shelves in 1980something,  probably in a colorful Stratovox box,  I would have been chomping at the bit to buy it!  To RaymanC,   Thank you so much!  I think you've really nailed it!

It's funny isn't it?  Would we ever have dreamed that someday,  just using our computers,  we'd be putting ROMs into a Harmony Cart and then just going into the "Atari Room" and firing up the 7800 (outputting S-Video no less), we'd be able to play a Stratovox homebrew using our Edladdin arcade style controller?

As a kid,  I actually did imagine such things would be possible...Except I thought the walls and floor would be white and plastic and there would be areas with blinking lights everywhere....And maybe robot voices.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

To RaymanC,   Thank you so much!  I think you've really nailed it!

You are very welcome my friend !!

I'm glad that you liked the game, it has been made for all of you to enjoy !!

And maybe you will see this game in that colorful Stratovox box, with colorful instructions.....so stay tuned !!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RaymanC said:

And maybe you will see this game in that colorful Stratovox box, with colorful instructions.....so stay tuned !!

I can't wait for this CIB and plan on purchasing your current game as soon as it becomes available in the AA Store.  I really like how you've been able to translate each game to the 2600. Both of these coin-ops were on the rare side for me. I played The End a couple of times BITD, but don't remember ever seeing a Stratovox coin-op. Thanks for bringing these games to our beloved 2600's.

10 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

It's funny isn't it?  Would we ever have dreamed that someday,  just using our computers,  we'd be putting ROMs into a Harmony Cart and then just going into the "Atari Room" and firing up the 7800 (outputting S-Video no less), we'd be able to play a Stratovox homebrew using our Edladdin arcade style controller?

Thanks to all of the Dev's! Its a great time to partake in this hobby. 10 yr old me used to wonder if home consoles would ever have really good versions of the coin-op games and 53 yr old me still can't believe what's been made available.?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I can't wait for this CIB and plan on purchasing your current game as soon as it becomes available in the AA Store.  I really like how you've been able to translate each game to the 2600. Both of these coin-ops were on the rare side for me. I played The End a couple of times BITD, but don't remember ever seeing a Stratovox coin-op. Thanks for bringing these games to our beloved 2600's.

You are welcome Steve !!

BTW, I forgot to tell you that you were right about killing 2 aliens with 1 spaceship missile in Stratovox. I played the arcade version for a few days and I found out that it is not allowed to kill 2 aliens with 1 of your missiles so I am updating the game and a new release candidate will be available soon so stay tuned !!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RaymanC said:

I played the arcade version for a few days and I found out that it is not allowed to kill 2 aliens with 1 of your missiles so I am updating the game and a new release candidate will be available soon so stay tuned !!

Look forward to RC2!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

True Stratovox story: Years ago at our local bowling alley, they had a break in where a guy was found in the ceiling. Anyway, they had a Stratovox video game by the door of the entry way to the bar and it was ladys league night. The tables were away from the game where there were some women seated. No was playing the game but it was in a demo mode where you could hear "HELP ME, HELP ME!" One lady could hear it but she wasn't able to pinpoint where it was coming from, and being that talking video games were new, she went over to Terry at the service desk and told him she thinks there's a guy still stuck in the ceiling because she can hear him saying help me. Terry knew it was the game talking and he didn't tell her that. He said ok, and just stayed behind the counter. The whole evening the lady kept giving Terry a stare waiting for him to do something! He just stood there chuckling to himself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ATARIAGE DAY 2022: FALL EDITION

THIS SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!

image.thumb.png.599b193ff64d7a147b3132a0dac1784e.png

Make sure you tune in this Saturday and Sunday to ZeroPage Homebrew for the biggest LIVE UNBOXING and INTERVIEW EVENT OF THE YEAR for Atari Homebrew! ZeroPage Homebrew will be hosting AtariAge Day 2022: Fall Edition celebrating all the newest Atari 2600, 5200, 7800 and Atari Jaguar releases!

Saturday Nov 12 & Sunday Nov 13, 2022
LIVE @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT (Click for your local time)
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

We will be talking LIVE to the developers of TWENTY FOUR GAMES that are hitting the AtariAge Store:

• Blocks (2600) - Jeremiah Knol & Jeff Haber
  • Boulder Dash (2600) - Thomas Jentzsch & Andrew Davie
  • Gorf Arcade (2600) - John Champeau
  • Grizzards (2600) - Bruce-Robert Pocock
  • Lode Runner (2600) - Dion Olsthoorn
  • Oozy the Goo Slime Quest (2600) - Vladimir Zuniga
  • Qyx (2600) - John Champeau
  • RAPTOR (2600) - Andrew Pauley
  • RubyQ (2600) - Silvio Mogno
  • Stratovox (2600) - Carlos Centeno
  • VROOM! (2600) - Thomas Jentzsch
  • Rob 'n' Banks (5200) - Ryan Witmer
  • 2048 (7800) - Lewis Hill
  • Attack of the PETSCII Robots (7800) - Mike Saarna
  • Dragon's Havoc (7800) - Todd Furmanski
  • Galaxian Arcade (7800) - Bob DeCrescenzo
  • Keystone Koppers (7800) - Lewis Hill
  • Pac-Man Collection 40th Anniversary (7800) - Bob DeCrescenzo
  • Popeye (7800) - Darryl Guenther
  • Slide Boy in Maze Land (7800) - Vladimir Zuniga
  • UniWarS (7800) - Bob DeCrescenzo
  • Chaos Engine (Jaguar) - Lawrence Staveley
  • Gods (Jaguar) - Lawrence Staveley
  • Stormbringer (Jaguar) - Lawrence Staveley

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS EPIC LIVESTREAM!

- James

• Like 2

• 2 months later...