IGNORED

Astrosmash for our TI99: Super Astrosmash! - SSS Preorder

tmop69

They respun my 512K Red board, making all of the jumpers into links on the bottom of the board. The other components were changed to surface mount and also installed on the bottom side. Their version makes it very difficult for the normal user to change the settings, but it is otherwise functionally identical to one of the earlier revisions of my Red board (which is not open source--only the 128K Black boards and the 16K/64K Guidry boards were released that way).

• Like 2

This was a PCB that the group www.facele.eu made for gift to the ti99iuc.it
I do not know much about how he moved to get this card out, surely he will have been inspired by the known ones.

In fact I don't think he released this design as opensource. When i need them he send to me.

The basis of everything is for use among us fans, the love for the TI-99/4A and how much more you can make the most of it without damaging anyone. 

The intent is not to steal ideas from anyone, let alone get rich (as in fact it does not happen, on the contrary ?).

• Like 1

Hello 99ers :)

I provided to send the email to Canada and USA addresses people.
Please check your email messages and reply if you still not done, so I can be able to ship your order already on Monday 16th November or at least as soon as possible :) 

SAS_Stuff.thumb.jpg.3df02ba293fd9327cbcc1695c22ce02b.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to tell you that because the game box is not available and not all users will have a spare TI original box to use for this game, we had the idea for recycle the shipping box as a box of the game.

When you will open the box you will see there is a sticker inside it. If the box has arrived in a good shape, you could try to reverse it so the sticker inside will be visible on the external side and all the postal stickers will stay inside.

You should have something like this as result:
PHOTO_20201206_004309.thumb.jpg.550a18d33ce8529854b051fbff13ea10.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 2:57 AM, tmop69 said:

A clarification is needed: this is not a game written in XB and then compiled, but is expressly designed for the compiler. You cannot literally play the game in XB. It's not slow, it does not work at all! ? 

Did you use XB256?

For what it’s worth I got to the point where SCRAA grew so large it wouldn’t run in its XB256 form due to exceeding 24k. Harry’s BASIC compiler not only sped up that XB256 game to make it playable (when the XB256 version was too slow to play) but also produced a compiled object file small (<24k) enough to load and run.

The latter was an unexpected feature.

2 hours ago, Airshack said:

Did you use XB256?

For what it’s worth I got to the point where SCRAA grew so large it wouldn’t run in its XB256 form due to exceeding 24k. Harry’s BASIC compiler not only sped up that XB256 game to make it playable (when the XB256 version was too slow to play) but also produced a compiled object file small (<24k) enough to load and run.

The latter was an unexpected feature.

It uses (heavily) the "IRND" function, the extra chars from "SCRN2" mode, the "PLAY" and the "SYNC" functions. The final code has only 202 bytes left from the 24K memory bank. If not compiled, the code is not only slow, it's totally unplayable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

I forgot to tell you that because the game box is not available and not all users will have a spare TI original box to use for this game, we had the idea for recycle the shipping box as a box of the game.

When you will open the box you will see there is a sticker inside it. If the box has arrived in a good shape, you could try to reverse it so the sticker inside will be visible on the external side and all the postal stickers will stay inside.

You should have something like this as result:
PHOTO_20201206_004309.thumb.jpg.550a18d33ce8529854b051fbff13ea10.jpg

It's similar to the box used by TI for the Speech Synthesiser or the Joysticks. We will try to find a better solution for the next game, next Christmas... ;-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's Christmas, so, finally, I can unwrap my own physical copy of Super AstroSmash?

I hope that the few packages that were still on travel were lastly delivered yesterday. 

Merry Christmas and I hope you will have fun with the game. ? 

AstroSmash_Package_1.jpg

AstroSmash_Package_2.jpg

Edited by tmop69
  • Like 3