IGNORED

Spectrum BASIC Print At Alternative

jonesypeter

Hello,

In Spectrum BASIC the Print Command can have the word 'At' added so for example:

Print At 10,10;A$

Would print at line 10, column 10 the contents of A$

I have looked through the TI BASIC manual for locate or anything similar and can't find an alternative?  Is there anything?  I'm happy to use extended BASIC if needed.

Thanks

Update - I knew as soon as I posted I would find the answer!  Display seems to do what I want.  Cheers

Edited by jonesypeter
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jonesypeter said:

Hello,

In Spectrum BASIC the Print Command can have the word 'At' added so for example:

Print At 10,10;A$

I have looked through the TI BASIC manual for locate or anything similar and can't find an alternative?  Is there anything?  I'm happy to use extended BASIC if needed.

Thanks

Update - I knew as soon as I posted I would find the answer!  Display seems to do what I want.  Cheers

Hmm Extended Basic has DISPLAY AT(row,column):A$

RXB has CALL HPUT(row,column,variable) or CALL VPUT(row,column,variable)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jonesypeter said:

Hello,

Print At 10,10;A$

Thanks

This is also possible in TI BASIC, but it’s cumbersome compared to Extended BASIC.

Using your example:

100 FOR I=1 TO LEN(A$)

110 CALL HCHAR(10,10+I-1,ASC(SEG$(A$,I,1)))

120 NEXT I

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Casey said:

This is also possible in TI BASIC, but it’s cumbersome compared to Extended BASIC.

Using your example:

100 FOR I=1 TO LEN(A$)

110 CALL HCHAR(10,10+I-1,ASC(SEG$(A$,I,1)))

120 NEXT I

RXB has CALL HPUT(row,column,variable) 

The variable can be STRING VARIABLE or NUMERIC VARIBLE.

So your example would just be a single line 

110 CALL HPUT(10,10,A$)

or

110 CALL VPUT(10,10,A$) 

HPUT does horizontal and VPUT does vertical.

Now XB DISPLAY AT(row,column):variable has a problem in it can only use 28 characters across just like PRINT does.

• Like 3

are you using an Spectrum emulator? if so, do you know a way to cut and paste a program file into any kind of spectrum emulator like you can do in classic99 (and most other emulators)? I would like to play around with a spectrum but don't want to have to learn all the odd key placements.

18 hours ago, hloberg said:

are you using an Spectrum emulator? if so, do you know a way to cut and paste a program file into any kind of spectrum emulator like you can do in classic99 (and most other emulators)? I would like to play around with a spectrum but don't want to have to learn all the odd key placements.

Hi, I use both real hardware and an emulator.  The best way is to set the machine type to the 128K model then you just type the commands as you do with the TI. Fuse is the best emulator.

http://fuse-emulator.sourceforge.net/

• Thanks 1