IGNORED

New Jaguar Titles Arrive (Last Strike, reBOOTed, Brawn and Brains) - Pre-Order Today!

Albert

Since it had been a few months since I received replacement B&B cart, I gave it a shot last night. Got Jag Screen of Death on first try; reseated/restarted and menu opened. This time, I happily realized I could page left/right to choose a game! Played a few games of Dragonkeep, then power cycled Jag to try Tiles or Do the Same. And ... I was back to unresponsive menu screen; left, right, and B were all dead.

Feeling like Johnny the Carson: That is some weird, wild stuff.

13 minutes ago, Editorb said:

Since it had been a few months since I received replacement B&B cart, I gave it a shot last night. Got Jag Screen of Death on first try; reseated/restarted and menu opened. This time, I happily realized I could page left/right to choose a game! Played a few games of Dragonkeep, then power cycled Jag to try Tiles or Do the Same. And ... I was back to unresponsive menu screen; left, right, and B were all dead.

Feeling like Johnny the Carson: That is some weird, wild stuff.

Wonder if any other people have the cart but haven't played it yet to even know if there is an issue...

35 minutes ago, AtariBrian said:

Wonder if any other people have the cart but haven't played it yet to even know if there is an issue...

My previous cart had same issue on my two Jags. AA confirmed all carts are tested before shipping, and confirmed my returned cart worked. It seems like it has to be on my end, although this is dipping into the preternatural pool even more than electronics always do.

6 minutes ago, Editorb said:

My previous cart had same issue on my two Jags. AA confirmed all carts are tested before shipping, and confirmed my returned cart worked. It seems like it has to be on my end, although this is dipping into the preternatural pool even more than electronics always do.

I haven't seen this on my end (tested on 6 different Jaguars K/M/PAL/NTSC all variations covered)

After work I'll PM you and we'll see if we can work out what is going on.  No point clogging this thread up.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CyranoJ said:

I haven't seen this on my end (tested on 6 different Jaguars K/M/PAL/NTSC all variations covered)

After work I'll PM you and we'll see if we can work out what is going on.  No point clogging this thread up.  

Is this the least buggy version?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, you appear to have DSP problems with other games.... so I'm inclined to believe its something specific to your console, given nobody else has reported this.  I had a bad jaguar that would lock up randomly after a few minutes with no sound/bad sound/no controls and the DSP chip was bad.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As announced today, the final round of the reBOOTed high score competition will be played using the game 2048 by @toarnold

But 2048 isn't in the reBOOTed collection, you say?  Well, there was a very subtle clue in the manual...

image.thumb.png.57ac7ad397d1d606364ed4cca32cef81.png

To unlock the game, hold 2 + 0 + 4 + 8 on the reBOOTed menu screen!

Many thanks to toarnold for allowing me to add this game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

As announced today, the final round of the reBOOTed high score competition will be played using the game 2048 by @toarnold

But 2048 isn't in the reBOOTed collection, you say?  Well, there was a very subtle clue in the manual...

image.thumb.png.57ac7ad397d1d606364ed4cca32cef81.png

To unlock the game, hold 2 + 0 + 4 + 8 on the reBOOTed menu screen!

Many thanks to toarnold for allowing me to add this game.

It's subtle enough (combined with my obtuseness) that I still don't see the clue even when given the answer. Man, I'm a dumbbuttocks!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hyper_Eye said:

He included @toarnold in his thanks. I think that's the entirety of the clue.

Bwahaha! I've struck again! I pored over the text, attempting to discern if the numbers could be deduced by substituting letters, then mused if the clue was phonetical and spent a bit of time mouthing the words. Good gravy. My wife periodically and wrongly accuses me of overcomplicating things ...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this is well-known, but I couldn't find anything.

When showing Last Strike to friends recently, I couldn't get the QR code to be detected on my Samsung phone (I tried both with the standard camera app, and with a dedicated barcode decoding app). We then tried with an iPhone, and it didn't detect it either.

On a hunch, I took a picture of the screen, transferred it to a PC, inverted the colors and tried scanning the PC's screen -- and this time, it did work!

So if you can't get the code to scan, try doing that (instead of the last step, you can also use an online QR decoder, like this one: https://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx)

Edited by Zerosquare

The phone I tried it on is a Galaxy A40. The screen was a small CRT TV, in case that makes any difference.

It looks like it's a known problem:

https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/6-reasons-why-your-qr-code-is-not-working/

Do not invert QR Code Colors

We see this mistake a lot. QR codes with a black or dark background and a white or lighter foreground may look great in some design scenarios, but they can’t be scanned with all QR Code scanner apps. A lot of apps for scanning your QR Code are expecting the code to have a darker contrast to the background, so if you scan a code with white foreground it will not work for everyone. In the following examples we visualize what is good and what should not be done!

The "not good" example is similar to how the codes are displayed in Last Strike:
1795065740_LastStrikeQRcode.thumb.jpg.bb2d8a27335eef96779f4552eab5fc2b.jpg