Jump to content
Albert

New Jaguar Titles Arrive (Last Strike, reBOOTed, Brawn and Brains) - Pre-Order Today!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Atari Jaguar Fanatic said:

Hey Albert - Does it look like you will be shipping Brawn and Brains, Last Strike, reBOOTed, and Xenon 2: Megablast before the end of February.  Thanks.

The printer fixed the issue with the Jaguar manuals, but I'm waiting on a FIFTH round of proofs for some other manuals (this is a rather large order for everything--boxes, manuals, labels).  I will have those next week and if they look good (I assume they will), the order will go into production and I'll have the manuals about ten days after that.  Same thing is happening with the labels, waiting for a designer to fix some labels for me (again, dealing with black, which is my bane when it comes to printing) and once I get those to the printer (a different company), they will run more proofs, ship them overnight to me, and assuming they all look good, that order will also go into production.

 

In the meantime, I am building and testing hundreds of games to get them ready to label as soon as those arrive.  And I will be furiously shipping these pre-orders once I have everything in hand! 

 

I really appreciate everyone's patience, this has been a pretty trying experience for me!  But I'm a stickler for quality when it comes to these printed materials (especially when a ton of money is being spent on them), so I want to make sure everything looks great!

 

 ..Al

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for all the extra effort and for keeping the quality bar high. I think we’ve all known the disappointment when a premium product cut corners or skimped on QA, and AA is great for never doing that 👍 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Albert said:

I'm a stickler for quality

Quality-Control-QC-Passed-Labels-Sticker

Interesting. I didn't imagine you looked like that.

 

 

 

...oh wait, you said stickler. Never mind...

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Quality-Control-QC-Passed-Labels-Sticker

Interesting. I didn't imagine you looked like that.

 

 

 

...oh wait, you said stickler. Never mind...

The printing on that label is sub-par. Notice all the 'hairs' sticking out all over it? That means the ink isn't at the correct Ph, causing the ink to dry on the printing plate. So the printing appears dirty as the plate presses against the gold foil, not only does it print the actual text, but all the dried ink that's building up around the edges of the printing plate.

 

So, this concludes the totally un-solicited class on web press printing for today.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey AL 

 

I know we live around the same area so I hope you and your family are doing OK with all that is happening in the state.

 

Looking forward to the new releases.

 

Stay warm.

 

Edited by stdjxf15
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 8:51 AM, Albert said:

The printer fixed the issue with the Jaguar manuals, but I'm waiting on a FIFTH round of proofs for some other manuals (this is a rather large order for everything--boxes, manuals, labels).  I will have those next week and if they look good (I assume they will), the order will go into production and I'll have the manuals about ten days after that.  Same thing is happening with the labels, waiting for a designer to fix some labels for me (again, dealing with black, which is my bane when it comes to printing) and once I get those to the printer (a different company), they will run more proofs, ship them overnight to me, and assuming they all look good, that order will also go into production.

 

In the meantime, I am building and testing hundreds of games to get them ready to label as soon as those arrive.  And I will be furiously shipping these pre-orders once I have everything in hand! 

 

I really appreciate everyone's patience, this has been a pretty trying experience for me!  But I'm a stickler for quality when it comes to these printed materials (especially when a ton of money is being spent on them), so I want to make sure everything looks great!

 

 ..Al

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Atari Jaguar Fanatic said:

Hey Albert - Hope all is well, do you have any further updates on when these Atari Jaguar games are anticipated to ship.

 

Thank you and take care.

The manuals finally went into production last week, so I should have them by the end of next week or early next (they were supposed to ship them Friday, but don't think that happened so hopefully Monday).  Several labels (non-Jaguar games) had to be revised so they would print better (black, I hate black), and I will have proofs of those in a few days.  Assuming they look good, they will also go into production and it'll take probably ten days to receive them.  Beyond that, I have been building and testing games so I can label and ship them once the labels arrive.

 

I will be so glad to get all these games shipped!

 

 ..Al

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the fifth (!) round of manual proofs last week, and they all looked great!  The order finally went into production and I should have the manuals by the end of this week. 

 

manual_proofs_20210-03-01.jpg

 

There are some reprints of earlier manuals above as well.  There are no Jaguar manuals in the above image, as I didn't need to run proofs for them again.  However, the entire order needs to be printed together, which is now being done.  I'll have more physical proofs for the labels this week, and if those look good they will also go into production.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!  I'm really looking forward to getting these new games out to everyone!

 

 ..Al

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Albert said:

I received the fifth (!) round of manual proofs last week, and they all looked great!  The order finally went into production and I should have the manuals by the end of this week. 

 

manual_proofs_20210-03-01.jpg

 

There are some reprints of earlier manuals above as well.  There are no Jaguar manuals in the above image, as I didn't need to run proofs for them again.  However, the entire order needs to be printed together, which is now being done.  I'll have more physical proofs for the labels this week, and if those look good they will also go into production.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!  I'm really looking forward to getting these new games out to everyone!

 

 ..Al

Thanks for the update Albert.  Eagerly awaiting the newest additions to my Atari Jaguar Collection !!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for another update!

 

I received the manuals last Saturday!  19 boxes worth of manuals (for 32 different games, most new, but some old as well) and they all look fantastic!  Although it was painful going back and forth, resulting in five sets of physical proofs, it paid off since all the manuals came out great.  The only missing piece now is the label order.  Last week I received a full set of proofs, and everything looked perfect except for four of the Atari 2600 end labels (an issue with the black on those).  More proofs for just those labels were sent out yesterday and I should have them on Saturday.  Assuming those look good, that entire label order will go into production. 

 

In the meantime, I continue to solder and build games.  :)

 

I'll post some photos of the label proofs later.

 

 ..Al

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Al, would it screw you up if I placed another order that could be shipped with my existing order?

Nope, not at all.  And if you'd like, I can ship them together and then refund any difference in shipping.

 

 ..Al

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Albert said:

Nope, not at all.  And if you'd like, I can ship them together and then refund any difference in shipping.

 

 ..Al

Now that's customer service! 🖖

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Albert said:

Nope, not at all.  And if you'd like, I can ship them together and then refund any difference in shipping.

 

 ..Al

Right on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, Cobra Kai said:

Al, would it screw you up if I placed another order that could be shipped with my existing order?

I've added two more pre-orders since my initial pre-order last fall. If they don't ship soon, I'll be broke!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a photo of the latest proofs for the new Jaguar labels..

 

label_proofs_Jaguar.jpg

 

These haven't gone into production yet as we're fixing some minor issues with four 2600 end labels (this is a pretty large label order).  The printer sent me new proofs last week, and they should have been here on Saturday.  But everything with FedEx Ground is behind schedule right now, so they didn't show up until Monday.  I was gone most of the day, and when I did arrive home, someone had stolen the package.  So that's great.  The printer is sending out another batch this week.  Always something!

 

 ..Al

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Albert said:

I was gone most of the day, and when I did arrive home, someone had stolen the package.

Boy are they going to be surprised when they open that package up... "ATARI????"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Boy are they going to be surprised when they open that package up... "ATARI????"

It was an envelope with a single sheet of four Atari 2600 label proofs on it. Wouldn't even say Atari anywhere on the sheet, so it's unlikely they had any idea at all what the labels are for.  They were probably hoping for a gift card or something else valuable.  Porch pirates are a huge problem around here, although that's the first time I've personally had anything stolen as I'm generally home during the week when packages are delivered.  The first time I haven't been home, package gets stolen, so that's great.  Normally I don't have packages shipped home for this very reason, but once the pandemic was upon us I wanted to cut down on the trips I had to make to retrieve packages.

 

 ..Al

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Albert said:

It was an envelope with a single sheet of four Atari 2600 label proofs on it. Wouldn't even say Atari anywhere on the sheet, so it's unlikely they had any idea at all what the labels are for.  They were probably hoping for a gift card or something else valuable.  Porch pirates are a huge problem around here, although that's the first time I've personally had anything stolen as I'm generally home during the week when packages are delivered.  The first time I haven't been home, package gets stolen, so that's great.  Normally I don't have packages shipped home for this very reason, but once the pandemic was upon us I wanted to cut down on the trips I had to make to retrieve packages.

 

 ..Al

 

I installed 3 solar cameras because of this kind of thing. The cameras are great and record to the cloud and on a SD card. I can see everything from my phone. I have had them up for a year and love them. The app is great, we were able to see the deer that ate all our rose bushes.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Albert said:

Porch pirates are a huge problem around here

I live in an apartment building, and the various courier drivers usually tailgate their way into the lobby, then just drop the boxes there without bothering to take it to the individual apartment door. 

I know several people in the building have had items stolen.  

 

Now, if the item can't be delivered by Canada Post (they have access to postal lockers in the building) I ask that they hold it at the local depot and I'll come pick it up.  

It's an annoying inconvenience, but unfortunately the world seems to be teeming with thieves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Machine said:

 

I installed 3 solar cameras because of this kind of thing. The cameras are great and record to the cloud and on a SD card. I can see everything from my phone. I have had them up for a year and love them. The app is great, we were able to see the deer that ate all our rose bushes.  

I actually do have a Ring camera for a doorbell and generally it works great.  I was able to clearly see the package being delivered (when I wasn't home), but they put the package (was just a letter size envelope) right under the camera.  Someone was able to steal it without getting into the view of the camera, so I could not see the theft.  I do have several new outside cameras I bought several months ago, but haven't taken the time to install them yet.  You can bet your ass I'll be doing that now, and I'll make damn sure I have a more complete view of my front door area.

 

  ..Al

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. I’ve had sundry packages in conspicuous attire on my porch for hours without incident. I’ll enjoy my small-town living as long as it holds out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...