IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 9 - Star Strike

I wish there was a reticle in this game, like Space Battle, where you can aim and take down enemy ships much easier. So many times it seems I’m shooting directly at the ships but my bullet goes right through them. The hit box is so small and it can be very frustrating! Plus the reticle would make it so we can shoot down ships when they move off to the sides of the screen. Will someone get on this and make a Super-Pro Star Strike?  ?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I wish there was a reticle in this game, like Space Battle, where you can aim and take down enemy ships much easier. So many times it seems I’m shooting directly at the ships but my bullet goes right through them. The hit box is so small and it can be very frustrating! Plus the reticle would make it so we can shoot down ships when they move off to the sides of the screen. Will someone get on this and make a Super-Pro Star Strike?  ?

Yeah it's kind of like guess-work shooting at them. Sometimes they seem to just explode on their own as well which is also kind of dumb. I have not been able to shoot a ship yet once it leaves to the left or the right. Lol it's almost as if those were 'safe zones' for the alien attack ships..... Again we are trying to save the Earth so shouldn't this jet fighter be better armed like the Firefox? ?

war space GIF

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah it's kind of like guess-work shooting at them. Sometimes they seem to just explode on their own as well which is also kind of dumb. I have not been able to shoot a ship yet once it leaves to the left or the right. Lol it's almost as if those were 'safe zones' for the alien attack ships..... Again we are trying to save the Earth so shouldn't this jet fighter be better armed like the Firefox? ?

war space GIF

LOL.  I have noticed that some of the ships get shot down by the other enemy ship behind them, once one passes in front of you.  So they can be taken down by their own friendly fire.  Anyway, the game is an interesting concept that could have been executed SO MUCH better.  Wasted opportunity I think.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

I like the gameplay in star strike but I don't like flying a damaged ship.  The one change I'd make is have the ship repair itself after a few seconds.  Tricking the enemy ships to shoot each other can be part of the strategy.  You can shoot them from most areas of the screen but your fire is always going to the centre so they have to be in that line.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I like the gameplay in star strike but I don't like flying a damaged ship.  The one change I'd make is have the ship repair itself after a few seconds.  Tricking the enemy ships to shoot each other can be part of the strategy.  You can shoot them from most areas of the screen but your fire is always going to the centre so they have to be in that line.

I agree, it’s not fun to fly a damaged ship. That’s just one of the many things that they could fix to make this game better. Wish they worked on those things much more, but I’m guessing the scrolling graphics took up most of the ROM on the cart, so it would have been tough to fit anything else in.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Got a sealed Beauty & the Beast cart in a crushed box on the way from eBay for $13.  Should arrive a day or two before Star Strike ends.

Going to be fun to open a "new" game!  Never had or played this one.

Nice, but do you have Star Strike to play as well? 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

Yup.  The night we bought our first Intellivision (the big original one with wood grain), we also got our first game aside from the pack-in Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack--and that game was Star Strike!

Still have my original, but playing it on the Flashback because it's easier and quicker to set up and the picture is better.

Pretty much default to the Flashback unless it's a licensed game like Tron.  Then I play those on my Intellivision II if I have the cart.

Only play stuff in the jzintv emulator if I don't have any other option.  I'm really excited for the LTO Flash to come back.  Or I may have to build a Raspberry Pi machine using jzintv--but I don't know what to do about the controllers.  I'd like to play with the original controllers if possible.  I guess I could map them, right?  Winter vacation project maybe.  :)

• Like 1

They’ve been saying the LTO will come back out for a long time, but it doesn’t seem to be happening. Lots of people want it, but the guy that makes it doesn’t seem to be doing anything. We never get any kind of updates and he hasn’t updated his site in forever. He has said it would come back many times, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Edited by IntyFanMatt