IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 9 - Star Strike

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Do you guys try to fly as low as possible to the trench when the targets are about to appear? That's the only way I can get the timing right to hit those things. And if my early warning system goes down, that's an insta-reset for me.

I fly in circular motion starting high and slowly lowering... while shooting when I think I'm lined up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

Do you guys try to fly as low as possible to the trench when the targets are about to appear? That's the only way I can get the timing right to hit those things. And if my early warning system goes down, that's an insta-reset for me.

Absolutely, YES!!! When I think the skeet target is coming, I hover on that kite handle like a chicken on an egg. 50% chance I hit it and I have to reset... but the closer the better... YES!!! 

• Like 1

i wish there was some way to anticipate those targets aside from the audio clue... if that thing goes, you're basically flying blind. Unless... do the targets always come at the same time interval? Maybe we could try to keep a mental note of how much time has elapsed since the last target.

EDIT: Not that this would be a "fun" way to play, but...

Edited by Intelligentleman

48 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

i wish there was some way to anticipate those targets aside from the audio clue... if that thing goes, you're basically flying blind. Unless... do the targets always come at the same time interval? Maybe we could try to keep a mental note of how much time has elapsed since the last target.

EDIT: Not that this would be a "fun" way to play, but...

That’s the part that I hate about this game. 

I notice that when I compete my tasks sooner, I wait and wait for the target to come... the game is trying to reduce my score. If I complete my tasks slowly, the target comes immediately. 

if you throw 100 m&m’s into the air and try to catch them in a hat.... that’s Star Strike.

it’s 50% skill and 50% luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

That’s the part that I hate about this game. 

I notice that when I compete my tasks sooner, I wait and wait for the target to come... the game is trying to reduce my score. If I complete my tasks slowly, the target comes immediately. 

if you throw 100 m&m’s into the air and try to catch them in a hat.... that’s Star Strike.

it’s 50% skill and 50% luck. 

Wait, what tasks are you talking about? You mean, blasting those two ships (or balloons, lol)? That's the only thing there is to do besides bomb those targets, right? A lot of times, the ships get away from me because I'm not willing to chase them very far from the trench. I mainly fly up and down like a crazy person until the ships are in front of me and therefore harmless. Then I go back to waiting for the ground target if it hasn't already come.

Edited by Intelligentleman
clarification (in bold)

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

Wait, what tasks are you talking about? You mean, blasting those two ships (or balloons, lol)? That's the only thing there is to do besides bomb those targets, right? A lot of times, the ships get away from me because I'm not willing to chase them very far from the trench. I mainly fly up and down like a crazy person until the ships are in front of me and therefore harmless. Then I go back to waiting for the ground target if it hasn't already come.

Just shoot as many ships as possible and bomb the targets.  There isn't anything else to do in the game, but master those 2 things.

• Like 2