Milli Vee

ColecoVision Cartridges

I know this is probably mentioned somewhere in the 1000's of messages in this forum but I suffer from a bad case of "Oh something shiney" and I would get very sidetracked looking for it so I'll start a new post.

I am looking for new blank CV cartridges with sockets, 27256 EPROM chips and case, so basically blank carts. Does anyone make / sell them or do I have to go down the route of making them myself?

There are quite a number of different sources and I certainly don't know all the options.  That said here are the one's I know about:

1. DIY - Grand Idea Studios still has all of their Pixels Past PCB design available for free download, including schematics and gerber files.  Scroll down this page to find the ColecoVision section.  I believe the PCB fits both original classic cart shells as well as those made with the newer Opcode/CollectorVision mold.
  2. DIY - Here's another DIY option but this is limited to 16KB max and the PCB will not fit properly in a classic cart.
  3. DIY - Here's yet another DIY option.  Aimed purely at development work so not designed to fit in a properly in a classic cart.
  4. Ready to use - here's one that someone in France is selling on eBay.  Looks like this is designed to fit in standard cart shells.
  5. Ready to use - and here's Pkk's mini cart PCB options.

Hope this helps.  I'm likely to have missed some options so hopefully others will chime in.

• Like 3

I can vouch for the French PCBs from eBay.  They go up to 32KB and are super easy to use: just bridge the correct jumper and solder in a socket.  At quantities of 4 or more they're nearly half the big listed price there, too.

On 9/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, Ikrananka said:

There are quite a number of different sources and I certainly don't know all the options.  That said here are the one's I know about:

1. DIY - Grand Idea Studios still has all of their Pixels Past PCB design available for free download, including schematics and gerber files.  Scroll down this page to find the ColecoVision section.  I believe the PCB fits both original classic cart shells as well as those made with the newer Opcode/CollectorVision mold.
  2. DIY - Here's another DIY option but this is limited to 16KB max and the PCB will not fit properly in a classic cart.
  3. DIY - Here's yet another DIY option.  Aimed purely at development work so not designed to fit in a properly in a classic cart.
  4. Ready to use - here's one that someone in France is selling on eBay.  Looks like this is designed to fit in standard cart shells.
  5. Ready to use - and here's Pkk's mini cart PCB options.

Hope this helps.  I'm likely to have missed some options so hopefully others will chime in.

I like the Pkk option since all the parts are there unless someone knows of a 27256 source