IGNORED

WTB: PSP Modded

theatarifan2k

13 hours ago, theatarifan2k said:

I was looking for a psp with emulators, game genie, game shark and bigger screen?

Are you sure it wasn't a PS Vita with Adrenaline installed?

I liked it so much more over RetroArch I imported all the PSP emulators into Adrenaline and played them that way for the longest time. I had a hacked Vita playing a PSP emulator playing a SNES emulator! ?

Edited by ClassicGMR

10 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

I liked it so much more over RetroArch I imported all the PSP emulators into Adrenaline and played them that way for the longest time. I had a hacked Vita playing a PSP emulator playing a SNES emulator! ?

My bad it was a ps vita but with a bigger screen that flips out.

8 hours ago, theatarifan2k said:

My bad it was a ps vita but with a bigger screen that flips out.

Well people that do mods to that degree typically charge a LOT. As for the auction yeah, they don't normally do it as a request or made to order, just build it because they can and throw it up on auction to see what people are willing to bid / pay. It's such a specific thing, one man operation. 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Well people that do mods to that degree typically charge a LOT. As for the auction yeah, they don't normally do it as a request or made to order, just build it because they can and throw it up on auction to see what people are willing to bid / pay. It's such a specific thing, one man operation. 

Yeah i figured that it was up there in price over $400. To me just cool to see that espically on a ps.

On 9/8/2020 at 8:13 AM, ClassicGMR said:

Turns out it was not a ps vita it was a psp go he basically took everything apart in put a bigger lcd in and other things.

Edited by theatarifan2k

Turns out it was not a ps vita it was a psp go he basically took everything apart in put a bigger lcd in and other things.

That sounds crazy, have a picture?

For the most part a PSP is pretty easy to mod in this day and age. Be sure to search for a recent guide and you’ll be good.

4 hours ago, theatarifan2k said:

I don't have a picture sadly this was years ago and i would try it but i feel like i would damage it. :)

If you're not doing any hardware mods, just modding it to play emulators and homebrew, there are some very good guides that will walk you through it.  If I can pull it off anyone can.  :)

In the PHAT and the SLIM model PSPs at least, the display is fairly easy to remove.  However, it is a very unusual ribbon setup, so it would have to be a custom display + diver board, and then a custom done display mount. It would also need a custom shell with a thinner bezel, to accommodate the larger display.

That is not a thing I would expect to find in a kit. That is skilled custom fabrication, and the people with those skills tend to only do those kinds of things for their own enjoyment, due to the high labor thresholds involved.

As for the modding and emulator stuff-- that's easy enough to do.  The lastest CFW for the SLIM makes use of the leaked sony keys, and so installs without any obstacles. (Because it does that, no I am not going to give links, or give any how-tos.)  I have a launch version slim that I have loaded up with a fair number of emulators. I take it with me on trips (but admittedly, with the current COVID situation, it's not gotten that much playtime for that use case this year.)

Just get a working SLIM (or GO), and do the CFW on it. Easy peasy.

15 hours ago, wierd_w said:

In the PHAT and the SLIM model PSPs at least, the display is fairly easy to remove.  However, it is a very unusual ribbon setup, so it would have to be a custom display + diver board, and then a custom done display mount. It would also need a custom shell with a thinner bezel, to accommodate the larger display.

That is not a thing I would expect to find in a kit. That is skilled custom fabrication, and the people with those skills tend to only do those kinds of things for their own enjoyment, due to the high labor thresholds involved.

As for the modding and emulator stuff-- that's easy enough to do.  The lastest CFW for the SLIM makes use of the leaked sony keys, and so installs without any obstacles. (Because it does that, no I am not going to give links, or give any how-tos.)  I have a launch version slim that I have loaded up with a fair number of emulators. I take it with me on trips (but admittedly, with the current COVID situation, it's not gotten that much playtime for that use case this year.)

Just get a working SLIM (or GO), and do the CFW on it. Easy peasy.

I can tell it was a custom screen and wish i bought it but its just cool to see what people can do with psp. :)