IGNORED

Orphaneware RS232 card and 80 column

rietveld

You would need one of those old school generic Serial 80 column video boards like what Orphanware used to make their 80 column video unit. That unit came in a housing with both boards installed and I’m pretty sure the Serial Card’s port address would have to be different from the port address your’s is currently set to for use with the WiFi modem. I am not sure if there is a jumper setting on the Serial Card you have, so you’d have to open up the case to check.

Another option would be a Serial Card connected to a Serial Dumb Terminal like what Eve Electronics used to sell (called the MON-80) as an alternative to their VD-MB unit. Check old NIAD newsletter PDFs circa 1986 for a short description in the Product List section. Their 80 column units are reviewed in 85/86 as well, so that should give you further info.

Adamserve by Rich Drushel might be an option but I never used it. Shoot William Hicks a message on the Coleco Adam Favebook Group.

Edited by NIAD