IGNORED

cleaned up megamania label

hloberg

59 minutes ago, Glennikit said:

Nice, thank you. Mine seems a little worn too. I just got it yesterday together with an Atari 2600 Jr. it's not horrid but it might need a replacement label eventually. 

nice haul. And just reminded me I need to add BattleZone to my want list. :)

ya, what they call it, Actiplaque? All the Activision carts have this problem of brown splotches due to the glue they used at the factory. Some better than others, some almost unreadable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hloberg said:

nice haul. And just reminded me I need to add BattleZone to my want list. :)

ya, what they call it, Actiplaque? All the Activision carts have this problem of brown splotches due to the glue they used at the factory. Some better than others, some almost unreadable.

Haha, glad it's just the glue then, I was worried it might be mold or something!

I'm just starting out on Atari stuff (Though I have other retro systems such as SNES, NES, Famicom, Megadrive etc) so its's a fun learning experience with all the quirks that come with the systems and the games. :D

Edited by Glennikit
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, hloberg said:

replaced a crappy megamania label with one I cleaned up. I used  scan of a real label and cleaned it up to maintain the look and feel of the original. just save-as picture then print. Enjoy

full megamania label.png

If you want something nicer there are copies of most labels to be found online already. It was a nice first try but not something for mass use by others as a proper replacement label I hope you agree.

Here is a base image for you to work with from the coverproject:

a2600_megamania.thumb.jpg.cfbfd1dd79d7bfdda231f406cdd4651d.jpg

• 1 month later...