IGNORED

Rejection from Talirico, business or personal?

tripletopper

I have a very long story about how it feels that someone who is working with Keith Robinson in his final days kind of got shafted by the new regime, and the funny thing was in a very personalized targeted way.    Please read the whole story before you continue and comment.

just say for starters that I was in touch with Keith Robinson in the mid 2010s when I thought a retro game company might enjoy a comeback surge if there was a way to turn old video games into old online video games without writing any net code specific to individual games, and do it in a universal way.

Let's just say I got an infinite ban from Sega of Europe when they just took over business for the American CS team, and wrote as the excuse "we don't do crazy." Even though a couple months ago I had Americans in Sega interested in this.

So I tried a few other companies Atari really liked it but wasn't sure about the legalities about playing third parties games like Activision's online (because remember the relationship between Activision and Atari was adversarial not cooperative).

The people who bought colecovision's name likeness said it might be possible in the future.  the current owners of SNK said they like it but they don't want to be the test guinea pigs.  I couldn't find who owned the rights to Turbo Grafx 16 at the time.  Panasonic said in order to submit it I had to have a provisional patent which I did and they sat on it for a year without even calling me by which time it expired.

Luckily Keith Robinson what's curious enough and he was one step away from pulling the trigger.  His tech Guy Steve Rooney said they could do it if they knew they have both the same bandwidth that's on a cellular network and the low pinging is associated with Sprint Direct Connect and competitors push to talk.  The theory was to beat the natural heartbeat of a game by using Direct Connect / push to talk to push data in the straightest possible path to get there within 8 milliseconds.  Since cellular traffic travels at the speed of light, 8 milliseconds will give you 2400 km of distance between the two most distant players before you have to start doing predictions and computations.

I sold it as they're so little data being transferred on joysticks that it could in theory fit under 56k which we know Sprint Direct Connect could do because Direct Connect already does voice and the data analog equivalent would be 56 kbps per second.

Steve roney said it had be at least 3G speeds with simultaneous low pinginess.  Soy eventually got a hold of the executive engineer of Sprint Tex Tiexera, and he confirmed the way the network was at the time of discussion if Direct Connect was channeled as a data connection it would go at whatever speed was along the data pads meaning if the path was 4G all the way it would go 4G speeds, if the path had part way 3G and partway 4G there would be less data to work with but it would go just as fast in terms of milliseconds.  And he said the data connection was ready to go but they wouldn't fund it because they don't know anything about games, but he assured me if a game company wanted to used to reconnect as a low paying game connection then it should already be ready to be used like that.

By the time I got that answer Keith Robinson was so sick that I never talked to him before he died after I got that message from Tex Tiexera.

Well I waited a year to see how the new intellivision company was going you people proper time to mourn and reorganize and stuff.  

During the time Keith Robinson was still alive, I heard Tom Tallarico originally stating he was helping to work on a Neo Intellivision.  One of his suggestions was to have multiplayer games in any combination of players as local bot and remote.  so you can have two on a couch challenging another two on a couch.

And this is when no one was following in television except for real hardcore people.  Steve Roney basically said "We'll let you know."

Then I heard an Amico announcement saying games weren't meant to be played online because you have to make compromises online.  From the perspective of me making Netrogames that sounds like a targeted attack.

Then I heard he was taking suggestions from other people.  I was bringing natural games back up about how if my theory was correct you don't have to compromise between making an online multiplayer game and a local multiplayer game.

A complement of getting Bill hold and Miner 2149er, aka new Miner2049er.  And I mentioned how my brother and I kind of added a personality and kind of went through our unique slapstick stick and made some funny skits that always involves Bob being melted In the end by a mutant.  and most of the irony came from the fact that he's so full of himself that he doesn't see the danger around him.  I know that's not the way Bill Hogue created him  but then again in that day, it's hard to convey personality and character except in instruction booklets.

I mentioned some interesting things, like how the Xbox 360 did well in the download game, because they did customer service well. They made sure you had access to a demo of the game to try before you buy for anything that wasn't on disc.  They were the most popular of the three download services.  Nintendo and Sony for the most part was caveat emptor.  Considering the fact that you can't trade it to anyone once you buy it that's a very consumer unfriendly status.

Then I heard the Xbox One dropped required try before you buy because developers were complaining too many people were trying the same flavor over and over and not buying the rest.

My solution was if people are willing to download it for free, away the developers and system can make money off it would be to have advertising that is unlinked to the game play in moments where at least affects the game.

No one of my friends cringed when I said that they said there's no way I'm watching an advertisement in the game.  then again I countered with in the old days a lot of people said there was no way they were paying for TV and we got cable TV and now internet TV.  and I said there might have been an odd model used in video games except for the fact that memory was precious when it was measured in k, so the only real option for an ad was to incorporate it in the game like Budweiser Tapper.  There was no real way to have independent ads play let alone rotate them every so often, due to limited memory.

They say if you want Game of thrones you better pay for it.  I say for every Game of Thrones there's a Walking Dead.  Both are successful and use different models.

There's only one time I've seen a completely free paid for by sponsor game and that was on the Xbox 360 and it was one versus 100.  Every 10 questions they have three or four 30 second commercials one of them being the main sponsor Sprint.  But as soon as the federal government forced cell phone carriers to limit the bandwidth for emergency purposes, Sprint couldn't be too much different from AT&T Verizon and T-Mobile in terms of plans, so they just pulled the advertising money out of one versus 100 because, I was one of those people helped by Sprint getting internet where no land-based connection would go.  they thought no reason advertising Sprint on a video game if it's not going to be a Gamer-friendly cellular ISP.  Thankfully I was grandfathered in.

as I said the one thing I hate is buying games online that are blind Faith with sucks to be you if you don't like it after you buy it.  However my friend would turn off something because there's an ad.

and I suggested to television that just like Tom talarico has practices of no pay to improve your character, no random loot box lotteries, which are pro consumer and Pro game removes, I thought the option to use commercial sponsorships to release free games would be a tool in the toolbox that in television could allow if they so decide to fund it that way.

And because I knew there'd be people like my friend I suggested, just like those Pro consumer games and a $10 limit, you can have limits on Ad funded games like maximum 5 minutes of ads per hour of gameplay, pick one model or the other, don't double dip, or you could use the add model for free samples and then when the customer feels comfortable pay full price. Also no content for media that's considered to inappropriate for the intellivision core audience.  You know sort of like how they have green level trailers saying the trailer is rated for all audiences but the movie being advertised is rated PG-13, all previews would be appropriate for 10 year olds and the highest rated media you could advertise is pg-13/t/tv14.  That's if the game is rated E10 drop both those numbers if the game is rated E.   Then we could follow some rules that were in place for broadcast TV, like there has to be clear intros and outros to designate between the content and the commercial, and for example, if Sonic is in the video game, there could be no Sonic products advertised in that show nor can Sonic do any character endorsements on the show that's on commercial time.

Which brings up an interesting situation.  Nickelodeon's Double Dare (not to be confused with Goodson's Double Dare) was the first hit that made basic cable worth owning.  Then with fox bought the rights to syndicate certain years of the episode, one thing changed that was very important.

during the Nickelodeon days they said all contestants got a copy of the double their home game.  However they had to drop that on the fox days because even though it was following the long goodson toddman tradition of home games given to every contestant, it violated self-promotion laws on broadcast TV for kids.

As I said Amico could voluntarily follow those similar anti-self promotion laws.

And I received the ads have to be appropriate for the content that's attached to the ad.  So all add content on E10 rated games has to be E10 or friendlier, and all ad content on E games  has to be E.

I told him that it was mainly a pro consumer move because one thing I hate to do is buy a game in the blind and be stuck holding the bag.  

plus the fact that he has an internet port but I heard BANNED online gaming on the amigo.  Not just gotten rid of the requirement requirements of online but forbidden it.

and then the funny thing he does is he comes out a few days after I wrote the letter about the ad and he makes a public policy stating no ads ever on the game,  when I was suggesting it as a pro consumer move and a rebel move, he turned around and said no ads is a pro consumer move and he makes it sound like a rebel move even though Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft never allowed ads independent of content since one versus 100 when Sprint was paying for the free game.  How is being exactly the same policy as Nintendo Sony and Microsoft being a rebel?

No you was taking suggestions so what are the odds that the people he took suggestions from average people, volunteered on their own I want no ads.  People were complaining about loot boxes and pay to play.  But as was never a subject because nobody did them.  and then he took my suggestion of saying having ads as one of many tools in the toolbox could help alleviate the feeling of getting stuck with an unwanted ROM and if I was the only one who suggested it then he publicly reflected it.

Considering the fact he reflected Netrogames when that was supposed to be a way to make online games seem closer to home, and only by my prompting does he make a pledge opposite of mine for the same reason as mine, consumer friendliness.

Since Tom Tallarico is stuck on all games must have multiplayer local  but are forbidden to have multiplayer online, I think a new name for covid-19 and Wuhan flu could be Keith Robinson's Revenge.

I know rationally these are pure business moves, but it just seems like the new policy was introduced a couple days after I wrote an opposite policy advocacy, makes me think Tom Tallarico has some issues with me.  Maybe I'm sort of some voodoo doll representing Keith Robinson's afterlife and it's not personal against me but him, with my project being the last project he approved before he died.

if that's the case then what better way to tell the maker of a system who forbids online play for making the only way to play these games is on separate couches many blocks apart.  Those house gatherings will no longer have neighbors coming in.  The only way you can play these games are online.  If that's the case, let's just hope time Talerico learns from this and makes online and option actually.

And heck with my Netrogames it'd be easier and take less programming to do it.  On the countdown to 4/3/21 we're probably in the mid hundreds.  You already have a modem built in.  All four cell networks have this capability built in of low-ping Gaming.  It's not late to turn back.

And if it's true that covid-19 is actually Keith Robinson's Revenge, this is the exact message he wants you to listen to.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, tripletopper said:

Then I heard an Amico announcement saying games weren't meant to be played online because you have to make compromises online.  From the perspective of me making Netrogames that sounds like a targeted attack.

Then I heard he was taking suggestions from other people.  I was bringing natural games back up about how if my theory was correct you don't have to compromise between making an online multiplayer game and a local multiplayer game.

Are you sure that's what he said.  I recall him saying that online multiplayer games have to be programmed specifically for online multiplayer.  This adds to the cost of developing games, and for them starting out they can't afford extra development costs.  In fact his very first press release mentions online multiplayer, but now he says it may be something they'd consider in the future.

You are absolutely correct that online multiplayer shouldn't require any changes to the retrogame itself.  However you do need an emulator that supports online multiplayer.  As of right now I don't know any intellivision emulator that supports online multiplayer.  So I'm not sure exactly what you were offering Keith and Steve other than a discussion about it being technically feasible.  Now streaming might be a solution.  And there is a company called Antstresm that's streaming emulated retro games.  But that would be between Antstream and Intellivision Entertainment.

You can see Amico has a very specific marketing angle about bringing people together that's affordable and simple.  The Amico is a new video game platform with brand new video games.  Emulating old games and online multiplayer is not part of the business model.  It's not personal it's just business.

You are suggesting ad supported video games with an acceptable limit on ads.  Multltiplayer or not, mobile gaming has an ad supported model.  Ads are very intrusive and it's often supported with in-game purchases.  Your idea is better but you have to have a business plan backed by research to show it's feasible.  And I don't see you offering any of the retro game rights holders anything specific.  What exactly would any business agreement be about?  You mentioned you have a patent.  Online multiplayer games have been around for over twenty years.  You can't patent a business idea, what's your patent about?

• Like 1

I am and have been on a development team for a single-player only WWI sim for the past 12 years... we don't do MMP or MP for that matter.  It's a PIA to get the engine to run that mode.... however, we made up for it by making the AI in the game basically human and the game itself look almost real.  No one complains anymore about it not being Multiplayer....in fact they complain that the AI is too smart at Ace level and they can't stay alive.

Which is better?  Personally.... making a game good enough for a few people in a room to enjoy is far better than one player locking himself in a basement with a headset on detached from the world around him.

• Like 2

Here's the short version of the text, in case anyone is interested:

"I have a very long story about how it feels that someone who is working with Keith Robinson in his final days kind of got shafted by the new regime..."

(2,300 words and 36 paragraphs later)

"...and if it's true that covid-19 is actually Keith Robinson's Revenge, this is the exact message he wants you to listen to."

Edited by IntelliMission
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I agree with Imberzerk that I'd rather have good computer AI then online multiplayer.  But I don't see anyone creating computer AI for Intellivision Sea Battle, maybe somebody is we'll see, and then there's all the other two player only intellivision games.  An emulator with online multiplayer might be more likely to get implemented.  There is infrastructure already in place like libretro netplay.

• Haha 1

Feels like it was a business decision and not personal. You were working on an idea independently from Tommy's team and it doesn't seem like your idea fits his vision for where he wants the Amico to go. Even if it did, he may have chosen to go another route due to business, rather than personal, reasons. A bummer for sure but it doesn't appear that you were involved with or even close to Tommy given that you spell his name at least two different ways in your post.

• Like 3

I can't believe anyone is taking this post seriously.  I can only assume (with some exceptions) that no one has actually read the OP.  It is one step away from implying that COVID-19 is a conspiracy between the ghost of Keith Robinson and Tommy Tallarico (his words, not mine, please don't kill me mods!) to shut down the OP's revolutionary (provisionally patented) idea to... play online games on a cellphone network.

The question the OP is asking is whether the decision to prohibit online multiplayer was made for a legitimate business reason, or just to spite him personally.

This has got to be joke or an attempt at trolling.  If so, good one.  If not, please seek help as this is honestly quite disturbing.

Edited by newtmonkey
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, newtmonkey said:

I can't believe any of you guys are taking this post seriously.  I can only assume (with a couple of exceptions) that no one has actually read the OP.  It is one step away from implying that COVID-19 is a conspiracy between the ghost of Keith Robinson and Tommy Tallarico to shut down the OP's revolutionary (provisionally patented) idea to... play online games on a cellphone network.

The question the OP is asking is whether the decision to prohibit online multiplayer was made for a legitimate business reason, or just to spite him personally.

This has got to be joke or an attempt at trolling.  If so, good one.  If not, please seek help as this is honestly quite disturbing.

I don't think that people are taking the post seriously. 

The OP shows that he hasn't done his homework when he mentions Miner 2049er for the Intellivision. He writes:

"A complement of getting Bill hold and Miner 2149er, aka new Miner2049er.  And I mentioned how my brother and I kind of added a personality and kind of went through our unique slapstick stick and made some funny skits that always involves Bob being melted In the end by a mutant.  and most of the irony came from the fact that he's so full of himself that he doesn't see the danger around him.  I know that's not the way Bill Hogue created him  but then again in that day, it's hard to convey personality and character except in instruction booklets."

"Bill Hold"?  To be fair, he gets his name correct later in the paragraph. 

I can't believe that he actually talked to Bill in any capacity. He'd probably have learned that the Intellivision rights for Miner 2049er belong to my company, and he may have noticed that an updated Amico version is in the works. 

Nobody is going to work with someone who just has a bunch of pie in the sky ideas. To be taken seriously, you have to build a business in the industry (even a small one) and at least show something that you've done. Does the OP have more than just some vague ideas? What is the business name? I find it hard to believe that there was any agreement or serious plan to work with Intellivision Productions, so I cannot believe that there was any 'shafting' from the new regime. 

Even if there WAS an agreement with Intellivision Productions, that died when Intellivision Productions did, and if the OP is serious about the idea, it seems to me that he or the company will have to find another way to make his vision a reality. Personally, I think that the idea is way too ambitious for a large company, let alone a small one. (Assuming that it is even a business at all). 

• Like 2

In case you're not familiar with Tripletopper, he regularly posts new topics elsewhere on AtariAge in form of small essays about the ultimate way to get least amount of lag to play old video games on newer TV sets, various technologies, cables and whatsnot. I was not aware he had interests in online gaming as well, and with so many companies supposedly contacted, more than one would have bite if the solution was properly presented.

By the way, is it that smart to assign the legacy of the only person who understood you, with an ongoing pandemic?

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, tripletopper said:

Please read the whole story before you continue and comment.

I did.  Not gonna write a counter essay, or anything like that, but for what it's worth, I don't believe (based on anything you've presented) that it was personal.  So hopefully this helps you, in some small way, to put that nagging thought out of your head and move forward with what you believe is a great idea.  

Good luck!

First of all I was text typing.  So Hogue did that come out correctly in text typing.  And with a big wall of Text kind of hard to see everything correctly.

Second, once seems like it was just a coincidence.  Twice makes one wonder.

Third I'm only commenting on the information I have from my end.

Fourth if one did have low ping internet then any game can be turned online if you beat the natural heartbeat of 16 milliseconds for 60 frames per second.  But I wanted to be careful and thought 8 milliseconds would be enough.  Making 8 milliseconds for the initial transmission and 8 milliseconds for any response and corrections.

Fifth I didn't mind the fact that he rejected ads. I just minded the fact he rejected ads and called it somewhat anti-industry and rebellious.

Six I shared a personal story about how I moved away from my friends and I was literally isolated for many years playing one player games and couldn't play online until 2008 when we finally upgraded from dial up.

7th I was on board the Amico, until that apparent about face from making every game playable versus local human, remote human, or bot to forbidding online play.  I wouldn't have minded it if online play wasn't a requirement but forbidding online play with a bridge too far.  The thing about the fact I may have been the only person to comment on the ads and he went directly against it was just what's sealed my opinion.

8th. There is a big difference in saying "oh I got an idea to turn every game online" and stopping there and saying "the biggest obstacle to playing online is compensating for long distances. If we had a path that was directly from one player to another then we basically have a long distance LAN.  Cell phone technologies in their push to talk mode guarantee straight line communications.  Let's see if we could channel that and use that to make games easier to turn online by not requiring special net code unique to each game.". I admit I don't have the whole answer and couldn't build one myself.  Different people got to do their parts.  I have a strange ability to see what other people don't see and the cost is not seeing what other people see.  Yes that's right I have Asperger's Syndrome.  I don't think anyone thought of using straight line communications to improve online gameplay.

9th I wasn't directly saying that it was true I was saying it felt like that's what it seemed like for my perspective.  If I didn't make that clear I'm sorry.  And no it was not a premeditated wish is just an ironic look from after the fact.

I can't believe nobody has understood the hidden meaning of this topic.

- Tommy Tallarico is spelt 4 different ways:

Talirico
Tom Tallarico
Tom talarico
Talerico

- Amico is spelt 2 different ways:

Amico
amigo

- Intellivision is spelt 4 different ways:

Intellivision
intellivision
in television
television

4-2-4. Which, translated to alphabet letters, is DBD. And what is DBD? Well, it has a number of meanings and we can create many conspiracies here depending on your tastes. My favorite is Deep Borehole Disposal, a technique to dispose of nuclear waste.

This topic has obviously been created by reptilians.

• Haha 6

If someone thinks money was the motivation,  that'd be bad for me because I'm on Social Security disability with enough money that I could live decently, if humbly, and have my health insurance paid.  

For me to make the kind of money that'd be worth going off social security for I admit I did not do enough work for.

I don't think I ever discussed money with Keith Robinson.  The most important thing was just getting this idea off the ground.

I'm in a situation where it doesn't make sense to get a $10k - $20k paycheck in one lump sum and risk my Social Security.  in baseball terms unless I got a 75% chance to hit a home run, just take the base on balls the government is giving me.

While I will not go into any business-related discussions we may or may not have had in the past, tripletopper, I will say that it might be time to let this particular dream die and focus your energies on something else. You've been pitching this for many, many years already and you might have to engage in some serious self reflection and admit that you're not going to gain any real traction with how you've been going about this. You're clearly passionate about this idea, but, to be frank, you really come across as a bit unhinged in the presentation part. If you're really serious about the idea and can find someone who's simpatico and has some sales chops, you might want to consider having a different person pitch it. In any case, ideas themselves are easy, companies want to see actual execution (or, at minimum, some proofs of concept) and a reason to do something over existing, proven, or more realistic methods. 

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

4-2-4

Hey, that is a somewhat uncommon lineup in football developed in Hungary and Brazil in the 1950's, perfected in the WC 1958.

500px-4-2-4_formation.svg.png

(and yes, the Intellivision is back, brought forward by Tommy Tallarico and the Amico is in the middle of future entertainment centres)

Edited by carlsson

Yes, I knew I had to rely on other people.  Literally the only thing I contributed new was using an already existing Sprint Direct Connect as a way to make straight line communication easier for gaming online  

Yes I admit that the ad model would have worked way  better for Netrogames than the current Amico model because you're not selling actually any new game products but are augmenting existing products.

I did not outright say it was a personal rejection.   I said based on these two events and the way they happened, one could think that there was a possibility it was.

I was just looking for confirmation of some of my facts: like does anyone remember the original concept of making multiplayer games that had any combination of local, remote, and computer controlled opponents?  Or was I reading too much into something.

Do others think the anti-ad policy is a revolution against the major companies just like the "No loot boxes" and "no pay for ludistic advantages" promises were, or is stepping in lockstep with them?

As I said I thought some of the Amico games were kind of cool.  I was just afraid to bite when I heard that online gameplay was forbidden.  That means I have no chance to play anyone in any of these games outside the computer, if such an opponent is provided,  and my brother who is kind of picky about games he plays.

Even though I would have normally  found joy in the Amico, it would be kind of hard to have joy with the Amico if you only have yourself to play with.

I guess it's a cry of loneliness from someone who has a tough time keeping up with his friends online mainly due to a lack of bandwidth, plus sone friends shifting interest away from games.

I tell you honestly I would never CONSCIOUSLY wish for bad things happen but maybe covid-19 was partially contributed to a SUBCONSCIOUS wish for people to feel the way I feel about my cooped up at home situation.

Is that partially is the case then this just might be a way of saying I'm sorry.  Confession is good for the soul.  

Edited by tripletopper
Corrected talk typing

11 hours ago, tripletopper said:

I have a very long story about how it feels that someone who is working with Keith Robinson in his final days kind of got shafted by the new regime, and the funny thing was in a very personalized targeted way.    Please read the whole story before you continue and comment.

just say for starters that I was in touch with Keith Robinson in the mid 2010s when I thought a retro game company might enjoy a comeback surge if there was a way to turn old video games into old online video games without writing any net code specific to individual games, and do it in a universal way.

Let's just say I got an infinite ban from Sega of Europe when they just took over business for the American CS team, and wrote as the excuse "we don't do crazy." Even though a couple months ago I had Americans in Sega interested in this.

So I tried a few other companies Atari really liked it but wasn't sure about the legalities about playing third parties games like Activision's online (because remember the relationship between Activision and Atari was adversarial not cooperative).

The people who bought colecovision's name likeness said it might be possible in the future.  the current owners of SNK said they like it but they don't want to be the test guinea pigs.  I couldn't find who owned the rights to Turbo Grafx 16 at the time.  Panasonic said in order to submit it I had to have a provisional patent which I did and they sat on it for a year without even calling me by which time it expired.

Luckily Keith Robinson what's curious enough and he was one step away from pulling the trigger.  His tech Guy Steve Rooney said they could do it if they knew they have both the same bandwidth that's on a cellular network and the low pinging is associated with Sprint Direct Connect and competitors push to talk.  The theory was to beat the natural heartbeat of a game by using Direct Connect / push to talk to push data in the straightest possible path to get there within 8 milliseconds.  Since cellular traffic travels at the speed of light, 8 milliseconds will give you 2400 km of distance between the two most distant players before you have to start doing predictions and computations.

I sold it as they're so little data being transferred on joysticks that it could in theory fit under 56k which we know Sprint Direct Connect could do because Direct Connect already does voice and the data analog equivalent would be 56 kbps per second.

Steve roney said it had be at least 3G speeds with simultaneous low pinginess.  Soy eventually got a hold of the executive engineer of Sprint Tex Tiexera, and he confirmed the way the network was at the time of discussion if Direct Connect was channeled as a data connection it would go at whatever speed was along the data pads meaning if the path was 4G all the way it would go 4G speeds, if the path had part way 3G and partway 4G there would be less data to work with but it would go just as fast in terms of milliseconds.  And he said the data connection was ready to go but they wouldn't fund it because they don't know anything about games, but he assured me if a game company wanted to used to reconnect as a low paying game connection then it should already be ready to be used like that.

By the time I got that answer Keith Robinson was so sick that I never talked to him before he died after I got that message from Tex Tiexera.

Well I waited a year to see how the new intellivision company was going you people proper time to mourn and reorganize and stuff.  

During the time Keith Robinson was still alive, I heard Tom Tallarico originally stating he was helping to work on a Neo Intellivision.  One of his suggestions was to have multiplayer games in any combination of players as local bot and remote.  so you can have two on a couch challenging another two on a couch.

And this is when no one was following in television except for real hardcore people.  Steve Roney basically said "We'll let you know."

A complement of getting Bill hold and Miner 2149er, aka new Miner2049er.  And I mentioned how my brother and I kind of added a personality and kind of went through our unique slapstick stick and made some funny skits that always involves Bob being melted In the end by a mutant.  and most of the irony came from the fact that he's so full of himself that he doesn't see the danger around him.  I know that's not the way Bill Hogue created him  but then again in that day, it's hard to convey personality and character except in instruction booklets.

I mentioned some interesting things, like how the Xbox 360 did well in the download game, because they did customer service well. They made sure you had access to a demo of the game to try before you buy for anything that wasn't on disc.  They were the most popular of the three download services.  Nintendo and Sony for the most part was caveat emptor.  Considering the fact that you can't trade it to anyone once you buy it that's a very consumer unfriendly status.

Then I heard the Xbox One dropped required try before you buy because developers were complaining too many people were trying the same flavor over and over and not buying the rest.

My solution was if people are willing to download it for free, away the developers and system can make money off it would be to have advertising that is unlinked to the game play in moments where at least affects the game.

No one of my friends cringed when I said that they said there's no way I'm watching an advertisement in the game.  then again I countered with in the old days a lot of people said there was no way they were paying for TV and we got cable TV and now internet TV.  and I said there might have been an odd model used in video games except for the fact that memory was precious when it was measured in k, so the only real option for an ad was to incorporate it in the game like Budweiser Tapper.  There was no real way to have independent ads play let alone rotate them every so often, due to limited memory.

They say if you want Game of thrones you better pay for it.  I say for every Game of Thrones there's a Walking Dead.  Both are successful and use different models.

There's only one time I've seen a completely free paid for by sponsor game and that was on the Xbox 360 and it was one versus 100.  Every 10 questions they have three or four 30 second commercials one of them being the main sponsor Sprint.  But as soon as the federal government forced cell phone carriers to limit the bandwidth for emergency purposes, Sprint couldn't be too much different from AT&T Verizon and T-Mobile in terms of plans, so they just pulled the advertising money out of one versus 100 because, I was one of those people helped by Sprint getting internet where no land-based connection would go.  they thought no reason advertising Sprint on a video game if it's not going to be a Gamer-friendly cellular ISP.  Thankfully I was grandfathered in.

as I said the one thing I hate is buying games online that are blind Faith with sucks to be you if you don't like it after you buy it.  However my friend would turn off something because there's an ad.

and I suggested to television that just like Tom talarico has practices of no pay to improve your character, no random loot box lotteries, which are pro consumer and Pro game removes, I thought the option to use commercial sponsorships to release free games would be a tool in the toolbox that in television could allow if they so decide to fund it that way.

And because I knew there'd be people like my friend I suggested, just like those Pro consumer games and a $10 limit, you can have limits on Ad funded games like maximum 5 minutes of ads per hour of gameplay, pick one model or the other, don't double dip, or you could use the add model for free samples and then when the customer feels comfortable pay full price. Also no content for media that's considered to inappropriate for the intellivision core audience.  You know sort of like how they have green level trailers saying the trailer is rated for all audiences but the movie being advertised is rated PG-13, all previews would be appropriate for 10 year olds and the highest rated media you could advertise is pg-13/t/tv14.  That's if the game is rated E10 drop both those numbers if the game is rated E.   Then we could follow some rules that were in place for broadcast TV, like there has to be clear intros and outros to designate between the content and the commercial, and for example, if Sonic is in the video game, there could be no Sonic products advertised in that show nor can Sonic do any character endorsements on the show that's on commercial time.

Which brings up an interesting situation.  Nickelodeon's Double Dare (not to be confused with Goodson's Double Dare) was the first hit that made basic cable worth owning.  Then with fox bought the rights to syndicate certain years of the episode, one thing changed that was very important.

during the Nickelodeon days they said all contestants got a copy of the double their home game.  However they had to drop that on the fox days because even though it was following the long goodson toddman tradition of home games given to every contestant, it violated self-promotion laws on broadcast TV for kids.

As I said Amico could voluntarily follow those similar anti-self promotion laws.

And I received the ads have to be appropriate for the content that's attached to the ad.  So all add content on E10 rated games has to be E10 or friendlier, and all ad content on E games  has to be E.

I told him that it was mainly a pro consumer move because one thing I hate to do is buy a game in the blind and be stuck holding the bag.  

plus the fact that he has an internet port but I heard BANNED online gaming on the amigo.  Not just gotten rid of the requirement requirements of online but forbidden it.

and then the funny thing he does is he comes out a few days after I wrote the letter about the ad and he makes a public policy stating no ads ever on the game,  when I was suggesting it as a pro consumer move and a rebel move, he turned around and said no ads is a pro consumer move and he makes it sound like a rebel move even though Nintendo and Sony and Microsoft never allowed ads independent of content since one versus 100 when Sprint was paying for the free game.  How is being exactly the same policy as Nintendo Sony and Microsoft being a rebel?

No you was taking suggestions so what are the odds that the people he took suggestions from average people, volunteered on their own I want no ads.  People were complaining about loot boxes and pay to play.  But as was never a subject because nobody did them.  and then he took my suggestion of saying having ads as one of many tools in the toolbox could help alleviate the feeling of getting stuck with an unwanted ROM and if I was the only one who suggested it then he publicly reflected it.

Considering the fact he reflected Netrogames when that was supposed to be a way to make online games seem closer to home, and only by my prompting does he make a pledge opposite of mine for the same reason as mine, consumer friendliness.

Since Tom Tallarico is stuck on all games must have multiplayer local  but are forbidden to have multiplayer online, I think a new name for covid-19 and Wuhan flu could be Keith Robinson's Revenge.

I know rationally these are pure business moves, but it just seems like the new policy was introduced a couple days after I wrote an opposite policy advocacy, makes me think Tom Tallarico has some issues with me.  Maybe I'm sort of some voodoo doll representing Keith Robinson's afterlife and it's not personal against me but him, with my project being the last project he approved before he died.

if that's the case then what better way to tell the maker of a system who forbids online play for making the only way to play these games is on separate couches many blocks apart.  Those house gatherings will no longer have neighbors coming in.  The only way you can play these games are online.  If that's the case, let's just hope time Talerico learns from this and makes online and option actually.

And heck with my Netrogames it'd be easier and take less programming to do it.  On the countdown to 4/3/21 we're probably in the mid hundreds.  You already have a modem built in.  All four cell networks have this capability built in of low-ping Gaming.  It's not late to turn back.

And if it's true that covid-19 is actually Keith Robinson's Revenge, this is the exact message he wants you to listen to.

I read this.  Can you condense this down to one or two small paragraphs?  

37 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

tell you honestly I would never CONSCIOUSLY wish for bad things happen but maybe covid-19 was partially contributed to a SUBCONSCIOUS wish for people to feel the way I feel about my cooped up at home situation.

Um... Please get help.  Regardless of the validity of your ideas, why would anyone want to do business with you based on what you wrote? 

You sound completely unhinged here.

• Like 3