IGNORED

The Movie I'm Starring In

Cousin Vinnie

I know this isn't 100% Atari 7800 related, but one of my projects is about to be picked up by a world wide distributor. Im starring in this comedy/ horror movie called "The Hike".

The only reason I'm posting this here is b/c I want you to see the trailer... my character is rocking two outfits in this movie, and one of them includes the #1 coolest Atari t-shirt I have ever seen and Im a lucky man to own it. Even on the silver screen, I'll be pimping Atari, babies.

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

Looks very, very low end to be honest with you Vinnie. Who picked this up for world wide distribution and how do they plan on marketing this to make any money off it? I just don't see it as anything more than what a million other people are putting up on youtube for free. 

EDIT: I should add that I have much love for Vinnie and have so for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/10/2020 at 12:19 AM, Cousin Vinnie said:

I know this isn't 100% Atari 7800 related, but one of my projects is about to be picked up by a world wide distributor. Im starring in this comedy/ horror movie called "The Hike".

The only reason I'm posting this here is b/c I want you to see the trailer... my character is rocking two outfits in this movie, and one of them includes the #1 coolest Atari t-shirt I have ever seen and Im a lucky man to own it. Even on the silver screen, I'll be pimping Atari, babies.

Looks pretty cool and the Atari shirt is AMAZEBALLZ! 

On 9/10/2020 at 3:48 AM, Shawn said:

Looks very, very low end to be honest with you Vinnie. Who picked this up for world wide distribution and how do they plan on marketing this to make any money off it? I just don't see it as anything more than what a million other people are putting up on youtube for free. 

EDIT: I should add that I have much love for Vinnie and have so for a long time.

Well honey Chile, when 85% of Hollywood production is curbed due to COVID, distributors are starving because they have nothing to shill because there’s nothing in production. Enter the Shit heads like us with our shit projects.

So that’s how someone is making money with it and the check cleared, so idgaf. 

see you at the movies ;)

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I dig some of these low budget movies.  I’ve picked up a ton of them from the Dollar Tree during COVID restrictions.  This looks a lot like many of them, (but hopefully better than some of them).  There have been some real winners in those stacks of DVDs, but also some stinkers.  ?

• Like 2

What company picked this up for distribution? By the title of "theatrical" trailer that says this film is slated to play in actual theatres and not just some streaming service? Good on you for finding a vehicle to get your name and face out there like this Vinnie. Someone is clearly willing to back this in a big way. My mind is blown that whoever made this film was able to sell it to the right company who was also able to get theatres to agree this specific film (or any film at all of this level\budget) will put asses into seats to the degree it's worthy of being on the big screen. I hope all this does excellent things for all involved.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, Shawn said:

What company picked this up for distribution? By the title of "theatrical" trailer that says this film is slated to play in actual theatres and not just some streaming service? Good on you for finding a vehicle to get your name and face out there like this Vinnie. Someone is clearly willing to back this in a big way. My mind is blown that whoever made this film was able to sell it to the right company who was also able to get theatres to agree this specific film (or any film at all of this level\budget) will put asses into seats to the degree it's worthy of being on the big screen. I hope all this does excellent things for all involved.

It's a really old trick. You only need one venue to play it for that to be true haha. In my city, I have a few friends that direct and create micro budge films like this (there's a community here for it). Even when covid wasn't causing issues, it was relatively easy to find a distributor to pick it up (horror, dark humor, action, and sci-fi sell even if it's micro budget). Hell, the last one I was in that my friend directed and produced, premiered it in "LA" haha. A tiny little theatre in Hollywood showed it. There's definitely an audience for this kinda thing (even world wide - one of ours got picked up for distribution in Japan).

Props for the shirts! I wrote a program to display/animate graphics on a pc-engine (running on a real pc-engine) - and it was used during the set of a post apocalyptic micro budget movie. 

Edited by turboxray

5 hours ago, turboxray said:

It's a really old trick. You only need one venue to play it for that to be true haha. In my city, I have a few friends that direct and create micro budge films like this (there's a community here for it). Even when covid wasn't causing issues, it was relatively easy to find a distributor to pick it up (horror, dark humor, action, and sci-fi sell even if it's micro budget). Hell, the last one I was in that my friend directed and produced, premiered it in "LA" haha. A tiny little theatre in Hollywood showed it. There's definitely an audience for this kinda thing (even world wide - one of ours got picked up for distribution in Japan).

Props for the shirts! I wrote a program to display/animate graphics on a pc-engine (running on a real pc-engine) - and it was used during the set of a post apocalyptic micro budget movie. 

Where can i see some of your movies?

Good luck with it!   I can get into low budget horror movies. 

And I have friends who end up in movies like this, too.  A while back a friend gave me a movie called "Melvin" and said, "I'm the first guy he kills" haha...Then another friend and a band mate were extras in Dee Snider's Strangeland (dancing in the crowd when the heavy industrial band is playing at The Church in Denver). 

8 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Good luck with it!   I can get into low budget horror movies. 

And I have friends who end up in movies like this, too.  A while back a friend gave me a movie called "Melvin" and said, "I'm the first guy he kills" haha...Then another friend and a band mate were extras in Dee Snider's Strangeland (dancing in the crowd when the heavy industrial band is playing at The Church in Denver). 

Thank you! When its available I will let you cool cats know. 

• Like 2

That's awesome. I had a friend who made shit zombie movies on his own dime and they were super fun. I love these 'made on dime and three gas station burritos we traded to this one dude who had access to the college editing PC' flicks. Lots of times, they're great and far more fun (and silly, weird and ridiculous) than the latest predictable cash in. You can tell the people in them are having a blast. Hope it does well for ya!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, CloakeD said:

Definitely a lot better then I thought it would be,hope you continue as I think you have talent.Would really be interesting to see what you could do with a larger budget.

Thank you!

We've gotten pretty rave reviews so far... its funnier than I thought, scarier than I thought, and the people respond well to the ending. You never know how things will turn out when you are making something like this. You guys will be able to see it soon! 

CV