IGNORED

Toaplan shooters to be reissued by Retro-Bit

Steven Pendleton

I like to use it for the health of my Master System and Genesis games and systems.  Although I will admit I do also use it for non-U.S. games that I don't own.  I suppose this is technically piracy but considering how old and how hard to get some of them are it doesn't keep me up at night.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Now that I think about it, it really does suck that Slap Fight MD was not re-released here in the Americas but I find it odd that Twin Hawk was excluded, since it was released in Japan and Europe but not in North America. It would be cool seeing the current company holding the Toaplan IPs (Tatsujin) allowing homebrew devs. make ports for older systems :D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Well then I would have to pay money XD

Well, if you find the arcade PCB at a thrift store for $12 or something, be sure to buy it! I'd choose this Retro-Bit Genesis rerelease over the original Genesis/MD versions if you have a Genesis 2/MD2/Nomad/Mega Jet/Wondermega and a choice, though, as the rerelease fixes the YM3438 busy behaviour thing.

It looks like these are the only 2 left in the ENTIRE WORLD, so don't wait if you want one.

https://www.spelochsant.se/produkt/retroaldretv-spel/segamegadrive/spel-0/hellfirecollectorsedition

Not sure if the European versions are region-free, but I know that the US versions run in my Japanese Mega Drives.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Um... I went to go check the price of a PAL copy of Zero Wing on ebay a few hours ago and it seems that people are buying this new Toaplan collection for up to $600 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). That was fast. It's also kind of disgusting, especially since you could just go buy a set of all 4 of the original releases for way less than that, but it was certainly fast.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, youxia said:

We live in the Age of a Scalper. That's why I don't pay much attention to these re-releases, it happens to every single one. I'd rather get the original if I was really into collecting console media.

I bought an original copy of Fireshark for like $25... though this was a loose copy.