IGNORED

Sears Tele-games Super Pong IV

I recently acquired a Sears Tele-Game Super Pong IV and doing some research for this I found that this isn't the standard Super Pong IV but a cross branded Atari Super Pong ProAm 10. I've tried looking into this further but have found very little information regarding this. I was wondering if anyone had any more information as well as if this is a valuable console to have.

Any information would be great. Thanks!

IMG_1786.jpeg

• Like 1

I have two of these: one complete/boxed except missing the manual, and another complete (all controllers, power supply, switch box) but no box or manual.

As you know, this is the Sears version of the Atari Super Pong Pro-Am Ten. The Sears naming convention is a little confusing since they had two different systems called "Super Pong IV." It is essentially a simplified version of the woodgrain pedestal model (which itself is actually more advanced than Atari's analogous model, Super Pong Ten, in that it featured a skill setting),  condensing the power, start, and skill switches into one switch.

It made a couple of appearances in Sears catalogs (Wishbooks and such) in the late '70s, along with the two-player version, Super Pong, but no other contemporary records exist to my knowledge.

These are pretty uncommon, but like a lot of dedicated systems, aren't really sought after. They might come up for sale a couple times a year. The two-player version, Super Pong (Model 99788), seems to be fantastically rare, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...