IGNORED

Cassette Vision Adventures, or: A Request For Help

Yosikuma

Hi guys! I recently picked up a Cassette Vision Jr. at a superbly low price, so I went for it and a game. I have never had any experience with this console ever, and my first order of business (thanks to this forum!) was sourcing a replacement power supply.

Now here is where I need the help: I assumed that all RF plugs were created equal (and up until now, in my experience, they have been), but upon plugging this into my RF to coax adapter, the plug seemed to not quite fit? I assume (though it's a guess on my part) as to why the resulting image had no colour nor sound and was not completely stable.  In comparing it to a standard RF plug (the Atari 2600's), the Cassette Vision Jr.'s plug (on the left in the picture below) seems shorter? It doesn't seem to really "fit".

Soooooo has anyone had this experience? How have you solved it? Any suggestions, adapters, etc., that anyone knows of? Thank you so much in advance if anyone can give me any leads as I'm not quite sure what else to do here.

unnamed (55).jpg

unnamed (53).jpg

unnamed (52).jpg

Heh, I have had several Japanese consoles that went through RF (including the Cassette Vision's followup, the Super Cassette Vision), and I have never before had issues outside of the channel on which they broadcast (almost all Japanese consoles used Japanese channel 1 and 2, which correspond to channels 95 and 96 here).  I'd like to think that this isn't it, or I would have seen this issue elsewhere (and I haven't).

• Like 1

Hi! Well in the near 25 years of game consoles collecting, i have seen so many types of RF plug (RCA, screws, x2 "U" shaped, etc.) but they all do

the same thing: transmit the video/audio signal as Radio Frequency (RF) (oh and on so many Pong-type consoles, it is only the video which is converted

in RF as the audio is outputted by a simple speaker).

The best is try to find an adapter which can adapt both ends (one from the RF cable and the other to plug into a TV). Usually the best ones are those

that can adapt from the 300 ohms (RCA-type plug) to 75 ohms (cable-input).

51585.jpg

And i was successful at playing an Epoch Cassette Vision Jr. on Channel 3 (VHF band) and the image/sound was perfect! But i live in Canada

and it is NTSC here. So to play European game consoles, i have a multi-signal TV which plays any NTSC, PAL or SECAM signal on this TV.

Try some cheap China/Korean TV's as they usually does that and the TV i have is a Daytek and it's not even listed in the specs...just discovered

that feature when i plugged a PTG-2600 (a rare Atari 2600 clone TV-Boy type) and the image was crystal clear (no Vertical rolling, in color (not

B&W) and can hear the sounds). 

So first step, find an adapter for plugging the console to the TV and if you have a bad image (like on your picture), try to switch from Channel 1

to Channel 2 underneath the Cassette Vision Jr., if i remember, i have selected Channel 2 under the CV JR and tuned Channel 3 on the TV and have

a great image/sound.

And if you tried all the channel on the TV + either Channel 1 and 2, then you will need a multi-signal TV. Those can be found anywhere worldwide. :)

All the best! ;)

P.S. For Japanese 1st and 2nd generation game consoles, check channel 3, 6, 7, 11, 13, 22, 42, 55, 82, 95, 96, 97 which are usually the best channels

that works depending on the selected channel (1 or 2) on the game console. ;)