IGNORED

AV2VGA

Keneg

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and just got around to trying it out.  I had been using my TI with a 10.1” security monitor because it had an AV input.  That was good for testing, but kind of hard on my old eyes.  Tonight I decided to try out the AV2VGA with an old VGA monitor.  The first picture is from the security monitor, the others from the VGA monitor.  Not a bad result for a device that cost less than fifteen dollars.  The dark spot near the center is from the monitor.

554A0DF1-EF0C-4D62-A82C-98B43D3829CE.jpeg

D8B2350A-513D-4D0B-A821-67672646598F.jpeg

B980B563-4396-4D05-A2D8-BAC9B73AFEC3.jpeg

3AEC27B8-8E60-4EBF-8B7A-B05CDBF88B76.jpeg

D68326CA-852B-4AF4-B73B-DC35F59E7591.jpeg

52D6694D-DCA1-46A9-A219-7234A57267CD.jpeg

Edited by Keneg
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, jedimatt42 said:

I have with all the same markings, and it only gives me a black & white picture from the 4A composite output. I only tried it on one console... and then stuck it in a drawer. 

But, more importantly, I don't recall seeing a door like that in Tunnels of Doom. 

Don’t know why it would’ve give color.  Maybe yours is defective.  I am playing the King scenario.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keneg said:

Don’t know why it would’ve give color.  Maybe yours is defective.  I am playing the King scenario.  

It is a common problem with devices which do not sync properly to the composite output of our classic machines.  Stipulating the chipset of @jedimatt42's unit is the same as yours, I would speculate the console output is slightly out-of-spec due to the 10MHz crystal.  I posted the link elsewhere to a blog entry where the author describes how the 10MHz crystal was out of spec enough to cause the color burst to look fine in an oscilloscope but cause the converter to only sample luminance.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

It is a common problem with devices which do not sync properly to the composite output of our classic machines.  Stipulating the chipset of @jedimatt42's unit is the same as yours, I would speculate the console output is slightly out-of-spec due to the 10MHz crystal.  I posted the link elsewhere to a blog entry where the author describes how the 10MHz crystal was out of spec enough to cause the color burst to look fine in an oscilloscope but cause the converter to only sample luminance.

So could this be fixed with a crystal change without affecting the rest of the computer?