IGNORED

Does there exist a Jaguar to Colecovision controller adapter?

eightbit

The reason I ask is because I have tested Jaguar controllers using a Jaguar controller to USB adapter connected to a MiSTer and have played Colecovision games using the Colecovision core. And man, it works so good! The keypad is there matching the Colecovision keypad. The controller is a proper D-PAD, and the buttons can both be mapped with one to spare. It just works so well...and I'd really like to use a Jaguar controller on a real Colecovision. I haven't found any adapter out there, but maybe someone has? If not, it would be such a great thing!

I've never seen (or heard of) such a thing.  While I'm sure in the realm of the universe, and all of its endless possibilities, some active electronics pass-thru device could be created to do what you're talking about...but up until now, I've only ever seen myself and others, simply rewire Jaguar controllers, for use as ColecoVision controllers (which means they're no longer Jaugar controllers).  

It would be great to have an adapter that would just work to allow them to be used on a Colecovision...or an Intellivision II for that matter. Since the Jaguar controller is pretty easily accessible and in abundance it seems...what a great thing that would be. It already has the keypad offering all of the buttons these older systems did, and has the benefit of having a dpad. I see adapters for so many things (I just purchased the Seagull 78...that is great...but not as advanced as what this type of thing would be) I just wonder if it is even possible to create a low cost adapter that can do this.

13 hours ago, eightbit said:

It would be great to have an adapter that would just work to allow them to be used on a Colecovision...or an Intellivision II for that matter. Since the Jaguar controller is pretty easily accessible and in abundance it seems...what a great thing that would be. It already has the keypad offering all of the buttons these older systems did, and has the benefit of having a dpad. I see adapters for so many things (I just purchased the Seagull 78...that is great...but not as advanced as what this type of thing would be) I just wonder if it is even possible to create a low cost adapter that can do this.

Unfortunately, you can’t just make a pass-through because fire one and fire 2 both use pin 6 and fire 1 used pin 8 as ground while fire 2 uses pin 5 as ground. I’ve never been able to find a way to wire this from a standard controller’s pinout without needing a second fire button as part of the adapter. 

If you use a micro-controller Chip, you need a power source like a battery to power it. No one has done this. Someone could mod the controller itself to do this. I have seen jaguar and Super Famicom NTT data controllers modded to work with ColecoVision, but they are no longer made and I have seen Jaguar controllers modded to work with the Atari 5200, which can currently be ordered. 

Unfortunately, the only real option unless you find one of these rare modded jag controllers for the ColecoVision, is emulation. 

some years ago i think someone was working on one i dont know what happen to this project.

i think the code was done for the arduino...  i made a mouse adapter for the colecovision with an arduino so probably the jag can be done too.. but you need a external power source cause no 5v in the coleco controller port