IGNORED

I spy with my little eye..

Tidus79001

Two Atari 2600 Joystick controllers and 2 paddle controllers in "The Babysitter: Killer Queen" Netflix film that was released 2 days ago.  They never showed the TV screen, but I think from the sounds of the game it was Millipede that was being played.

image.thumb.png.4814a79518d37d6720bc7c0e5e8efef6.png

Edited by Tidus79001

12 hours ago, BONEMAN said:

From the way he's holding the joystick, I'd say he's not playing anything.

Agreed, I don't think he is actually playing anything that is probably why they didn't bother to show the screen as they did with another game system that he was playing later in the film.  I suspect that it was not considered important enough and too much hassle to get an old analog based game console hooked up to a HD TV.  That being said there are clearly sounds from an Atari 2600 game if you listen closely.  My guess is that is that game is Millipede base on what I heard.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:41 AM, Tidus79001 said:

Agreed, I don't think he is actually playing anything that is probably why they didn't bother to show the screen as they did with another game system that he was playing later in the film.  I suspect that it was not considered important enough and too much hassle to get an old analog based game console hooked up to a HD TV.  That being said there are clearly sounds from an Atari 2600 game if you listen closely.  My guess is that is that game is Millipede base on what I heard.

Yeah, they aren't going to bother hooking a console up, especially if they game play isn't going to appear on screen. Even then, they'd probably just feed pre-recorded game footage to the TV, or even add it after the fact. Same thing with the sound. Just added in post-production. I'm surprised they didn't use Pac-Man or Donkey Kong. Those are the video game sounds I pretty much always hear, even when they aren't playing a 2600.

• Like 1