IGNORED

Zoom meeting for Atari 8-bit?

hloberg

There is an added dimension when we do Zoom meetings. Maybe not in-person, but you feel like you're 'there'.

Anyone who is interested can ping me here. I am thinking that 12 or less would work OK. Usually only half that in attendance.

SLCC meetings are 1 hour on Tuesday at 19:00. We have a website.

Bob

• Like 4

OK then, I manage our local retro electronics club Zoom every other month and I attend the TI99 Zoom meeting every few weeks. Both have about 6-8 show up each time.

So I know how to mange one but I don't have a pro account for Zoom (needed if you have over 3 people. otherwise limited to 40 minutes). what we do for our local club is talk for 40 minutes log off then log back on for another 40. of course if someone has a Zoom pro or like to pay for one... :)

I know a lot of you live in Europe. So we'd need to agree on a time that is OK for US and Europe. the TI99 group meets early afternoon on Sunday. Like say around 1pm Central Time USA. What would that be in parts of Europe?

Also, would you want to meet monthly, bi-monthly, bi-weekly? any thoughts?

also maybe just meeting at the already mentioned groups?

any thoughts?

32 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello hloberg

I know Apple holds its events at 10 in the morning in California, which is 7 in the evening in most parts of Europe (as in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Hungary, etc).

Sincerely

Mathy

that would be noon central, 1pm eastern. I'de be cool with that. in my case it'd be after church if we did it on a Sunday. I'm finding having these meetings on Saturday is starting to conflict with a lot other meetings so Sunday might be better?

I have participated in several Atari 8-bit computer zooms over the summer. So much fun. Everyone talked about what they were doing with the Atari and some even did some live demos of projects or games.

Find a group of like-minded folks and send out an invite! Less than 10 people usually works better than a big group.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scitari said:

I have participated in several Atari 8-bit computer zooms over the summer. So much fun. Everyone talked about what they were doing with the Atari and some even did some live demos of projects or games.

Find a group of like-minded folks and send out an invite! Less than 10 people usually works better than a big group.

are there any Atari groups coming up that we here could participate?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I tested Google Group Meeting with some people and I'm looking to use it for our local Maker's and Electronics meetings here in Central Tx (if you are in the area DM me for details to join). the nice thing about Google Meeting is it's FREE for extended hours for lots of people. Zoom maxs out at 40 mins. on it's free (yes, I'm cheap).

ANYWAY, how would an Atariage MONTHLY Atari Google meeting be with everyone? Say it starts about 11am on a Saturday so Europeans and Americans can both attend (sorry to any Australians). What Saturday would be good to not conflict with all the other meetings that you all might be attending?

Also, does everyone want to limit it to just the Atari 8-bit or open it up to all Atari? Plus, any other thoughts about such a meeting you might have. Comment below.

thx, HLO

• Like 2