IGNORED

What Intellivision games do YOU want to see 5200 versions of?

BIGHMW

Since @Ryan Witmer is working on his own version of Tron: Deadly Discs for the 5200 with his really nice Intellidiscs I was wondering what other Intellivision games would YOU want to see ported/converted to the 5200 SuperSystem

Here are some of my ideas:

Night Stalker

Lock & Chase

Space Battle

Astrosmash

Space Hawk

Star Strike

Bump 'n' Jump

Thin Ice

Diner (we have Beef Drop already so why not the sequel!)

anyone have a wish list of their own???

36 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Night Stalker

Lock & Chase

Space Battle

Astrosmash

Space Hawk

Star Strike

Bump 'n' Jump

Thin Ice

Diner (we have Beef Drop already so why not the sequel!)

After I finish up Tron, I'm planning another port.  I won't tell you what it is, but I will tell you that it's on that list.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The first choice for me would of course be Tron and his Deadly Discs, which I'm taking care of.  Second choice would be the next project which shall remain secret.

Next is probably Thunder Castle.  I haven't put too much thought into it but it seems pretty workable.  Another is Space Battle.  I would also like to see some of the awesome Imagic games get ported over, White Water, Beauty and the Beast, and Demon Attack come to mind right away.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

The first choice for me would of course be Tron and his Deadly Discs, which I'm taking care of.  Second choice would be the next project which shall remain secret.

Next is probably Thunder Castle.  I haven't put too much thought into it but it seems pretty workable.  Another is Space Battle.  I would also like to see some of the awesome Imagic games get ported over, White Water, Beauty and the Beast, and Demon Attack come to mind right away.

Can't wait to see your work.  So in Tron, what's the process in creating something like that?  I'm not a programmer.  Do you start from scratch or do you do some type of conversion?  Just curious how things start.  Thanks.

Never mind, I just starting reading the other thread of Tron.  Oops.  Thanks.

Edited by phuzaxeman

1 hour ago, Ryan Witmer said:

There's one Imagic game that I think 5200 owners would definitely go for..... Microsurgeon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phuzaxeman said:

I'm not a programmer.  Do you start from scratch or do you do some type of conversion?  Just curious how things start.

In this case it's all done from scratch.  I have to figure out the details from the instruction manual and just playing the game and observing things.

I actually did a PC version of the game many years, so I have some experience programming this particular game.  I've completely lost that game though.  I was hoping I could at least find some old notes somewhere, but never did.

29 minutes ago, Ryan Witmer said:

In this case it's all done from scratch.  I have to figure out the details from the instruction manual and just playing the game and observing things.

I actually did a PC version of the game many years, so I have some experience programming this particular game.  I've completely lost that game though.  I was hoping I could at least find some old notes somewhere, but never did.

That's really cool. I hope to see the analog sticks take advantage of its 360 rotation.

21 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey @Ryan Witmer how 'bout them Hawks!!! I myself am a Raiders fan (since 1982, Los Angeles Raiders). Pretty impressive!!!

I don't really follow football that much anymore, really.  I moved here from Buffalo so I still have a soft spot for watching the Bills lose every year.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Koa Zo said:

Skiing would be really cool. 

Not sure how the twin stick suggestion would work though? like what would that allow for control?

Horse Racing is an interesting suggestion.

Sea Battle is an old classic that'd be nice on 5200.

Both sticks forward to increase speed, both in one direction to turn, sticks apart to break, one stick in a direction for sharp turns?

My favorite twin stick game of all time is the game Assault in the arcade.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:05 PM, Ryan Witmer said:

like to see some of the awesome Imagic games get ported over, White Water, Beauty and the Beast, and Demon Attack come to mind right away.

There is a XL Conversion of Demon Attack for the A5200. Also Atlantis and Laser Gates. Cosmic Arc would be Great :)

1 hour ago, cjherr said:

The 5200 port of Demon Attack is spot on to the 2600 version, but the Intellivision version is a different thing altogether.

(The Intellivision version is a different thing.)

That's right. I simply forgot that. I remember i was always a bit jealous over the Intellivision Version of Atlantis with Day and Night Cycle and such. Nevertheless, Cosmic Arc would be cool :)