IGNORED

What Intellivision games do YOU want to see 5200 versions of?

BIGHMW

• 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised that more Intellivision games weren't ported since both systems had number keypads and overlays.  I always hated the slow Intellivision graphics but some games were really cool.  I would love to see -

Space Battle

Armor Battle

Sea Battle

Utopia

And could somebody port Swords & Serpents and include an actual ending to it?!  Sort of like how the Major Havoc arcade game is getting an extension/ending coded for it?  That would be so cool, it's the only part missing.  A significant part, though.

31 minutes ago, ledzep said:

I'm surprised that more Intellivision games weren't ported since both systems had number keypads and overlays.  I always hated the slow Intellivision graphics but some games were really cool.  I would love to see -

Space Battle

Armor Battle

Sea Battle

Utopia

And could somebody port Swords & Serpents and include an actual ending to it?!  Sort of like how the Major Havoc arcade game is getting an extension/ending coded for it?  That would be so cool, it's the only part missing.  A significant part, though.

Whoa, someone is adding an ending to Major Havoc?  That is one Atari game I wish had a full blown remake, the plot of it reminds me of Captive.  Land on a base, blow it up, leave and go onto the next.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:55 PM, leech said:

Whoa, someone is adding an ending to Major Havoc?  That is one Atari game I wish had a full blown remake, the plot of it reminds me of Captive.  Land on a base, blow it up, leave and go onto the next.

Ya.  Makes me wish I had bought a dedicated cabinet years ago -

http://mhedit.askey.org/PromisedEnd.aspx

Intellivision's "Swords & Serpents" could certainly use a similar, if less complicated, fix.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:44 AM, ledzep said:

Ya.  Makes me wish I had bought a dedicated cabinet years ago -

http://mhedit.askey.org/PromisedEnd.aspx

Intellivision's "Swords & Serpents" could certainly use a similar, if less complicated, fix.

I want to make/build/buy a vector monitor so badly.  There are some arcade games that just... NEED it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 8:02 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Here’s hoping it’s the first one on the list.

Yeah but that title is a let-down because it's not based on Kolchak the Mutha Ukkun Real Night Stalker!

Similar to how that Odyssey 2 game Attack of the Time Lords has nothing to do with Doctor Who. Rip-off!

On 9/13/2020 at 10:21 AM, phuzaxeman said:

That would be cool.  We need more dual stick games.  Maybe someone can convert the dual stick on Battlezone?

Hell, convert Karate Champ from A8 but enable dual joystick mode like in the arcade original.

Why nobody has ported Crazy Climber from Apple II over to A8/5200 and then spruced it up with all of the Atari goodness still puzzles me.

That would be 2 more dual joystick games for the system without resorting to name-dropping Cloak & Dagger. Or Black Widow. Both of which should've been on the console back when it was still on store shelves...

On 9/13/2020 at 10:05 AM, Ryan Witmer said:

The first choice for me would of course be Tron and his Deadly Discs, which I'm taking care of.  Second choice would be the next project which shall remain secret.

Next is probably Thunder Castle.  I haven't put too much thought into it but it seems pretty workable.  Another is Space Battle.  I would also like to see some of the awesome Imagic games get ported over, White Water, Beauty and the Beast, and Demon Attack come to mind right away.

The A8 version of Demon Attack has been ported to the 5200. The ROM is floating around and I believe it can be purchased elsewhere on cart. I don't recall if AtariAge ever sold it...

On 12/11/2020 at 3:08 AM, Lynxpro said:

Hell, convert Karate Champ from A8 but enable dual joystick mode like in the arcade original.

Why nobody has ported Crazy Climber from Apple II over to A8/5200 and then spruced it up with all of the Atari goodness still puzzles me.

That would be 2 more dual joystick games for the system without resorting to name-dropping Cloak & Dagger. Or Black Widow. Both of which should've been on the console back when it was still on store shelves...

I wonder why Atari did not do Crazy Climber on the 5200 using the Robotron Controller holder? It would have made a great game.

15 minutes ago, Allan said:

I wonder why Atari did not do Crazy Climber on the 5200 using the Robotron Controller holder? It would have made a great game.

Seemed like a no-brainer to do but then again, Atari Inc. only offered the 2600 version through the AtariAge Club.

Atari Inc. also had Keithen Hayenga and Steve Woita on their payroll at the time and both had been such big fans of Crazy Climber when they worked at Apple that they designed the so-called "Atari Joyboard" adapter to hook up Atari CX40s to the Apple II to better play that game with instead of with the typical analog Apple II joystick [which generally resembled something the Soviets would've built]... but then again, both of them were probably working on other games at time... Steve on the 2600 and Keithen on the 5200...

2 hours ago, Lynxpro said:

Seemed like a no-brainer to do but then again, Atari Inc. only offered the 2600 version through the AtariAge Club.

Atari Inc. also had Keithen Hayenga and Steve Woita on their payroll at the time and both had been such big fans of Crazy Climber when they worked at Apple that they designed the so-called "Atari Joyboard" adapter to hook up Atari CX40s to the Apple II to better play that game with instead of with the typical analog Apple II joystick [which generally resembled something the Soviets would've built]... but then again, both of them were probably working on other games at time... Steve on the 2600 and Keithen on the 5200...

Ha, I would be forced to buy any new dual joystick game released for the 5200, as I have to have an excuse for 3d printing the holder, I also bought a boxed copy of robotron 2084, but haven't opened it yet.  Space dungeon and Robotron rock with dual controllers!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, leech said:

Ha, I would be forced to buy any new dual joystick game released for the 5200, as I have to have an excuse for 3d printing the holder, I also bought a boxed copy of robotron 2084, but haven't opened it yet.  Space dungeon and Robotron rock with dual controllers!

No doubt. Karate Champ should be ported from A8 and then modded for dual joystick support like the arcade original. That would be another no-brainer in my book.

I should point out that that "Atari Joyboard" for the Apple II was marketed by a company named Sirius because apparently, Steve Jobs didn't want Apple to soil their reputation by formally making gaming hardware despite Steve and Keithen working for them and having designed that board. Atari doesn't appear in the name of the product but it's the term of that feature set that more than a few games on the Apple II platform supports.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1