IGNORED

Gameline modem new Atari games!

Mr SQL

Maybe it is possible to connect a Gamline to a local WiFi and the internet (PlusStore) with this piece of hardware:

grafik.thumb.png.4dee935572e5cec853f5976e3aa2949c.png

actually it is for connecting a VoiP phone to a landline connection, so "some" changes have to be made to the software (and hardware) to use it for the gamline purpose.

• WiFi module has to be change to station mode.
  • Phone line module has to be "converted" to a landline (with dialtone?)

serial com is a 115200 baud connection to a busy box.

GPL sourcecode compile tools and manual can be found here:
https://www.telekom.de/hilfe/geraete-zubehoer/telefone-und-anlagen/archiv/sinus/sinus-tc-300?samChecked=true

I have a few of these boxes here, so PM me if you want to tinker around with this nice (old) piece of hardware.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Maybe it is possible to connect a Gamline to a local WiFi and the internet (PlusStore) with this piece of hardware:

grafik.thumb.png.4dee935572e5cec853f5976e3aa2949c.png

Great idea! :) 

Here is similar hardware this reminds me of this device which has some of those changes already made. It maps VOIP to the internet for an analog phone with ethernet and wireless and a USB connection allowing a PC to control it, maybe a Gameline driver could be written for it:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr SQL said:

Great idea! :) 

Here is similar hardware this reminds me of this device which has some of those changes already made. It maps VOIP to the internet for an analog phone with ethernet and wireless and a USB connection allowing a PC to control it, maybe a Gameline driver could be written for it:

maybe a better starting point, because the device is already working in the right "direction"..

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 9:25 PM, cvga said:

Okay, I dug out my Gameline and the Master File (instruction manuals). Who wants to play me ;)

IMG_5178.thumb.JPG.ddc228ee253886497583fd908ce548b6.JPG   IMG_5179.thumb.JPG.9268a446281ac2caa747953c66c4af42.JPG

Do you have all the files in the binder for all the games.

I got the same binder but I only got the first two waves of games in the book. Game line released the games in three waves. When a new wave released they would send their subscribers the new game files to add to their binder.

I wasn't sure if they actually distributed the game files for the last wave of games.

I think Save the Whales was included in the last wave release. I was interested in seeing the "save the whales" page in the binder .

• 2 years later...

Edit from my original comment two years ago: 😂🤣

The Gameline game pages for the binder were actually released in five waves.

Wave 1: The first 35 game pages came with the binder when you received it.

Wave 2: Around thirty days later you received 20 additional game pages in the mail with a updated game directory for your binder.

Wave 3: In the first issue of Gameliner magazine you received 6 new game pages (with a updated game directory).

Wave 4: In the second issue of Gameliner magazine you received 6 more new game pages (with a updated game directory).

Wave 5: They sent you the final 9 pages in the mail with the final game directory that lists all 76 games

• Like 4

On 3/31/2023 at 10:02 AM, Skwrl63 said:

Edit from my original comment two years ago: 😂🤣

The Gameline game pages for the binder were actually released in five waves.

Wave 1: The first 35 game pages came with the binder when you received it.

Wave 2: Around thirty days later you received 20 additional game pages in the mail with a updated game directory for your binder.

Wave 3: In the first issue of Gameliner magazine you received 6 new game pages (with a updated game directory).

Wave 4: In the second issue of Gameliner magazine you received 6 more new game pages (with a updated game directory).

Wave 5: They sent you the final 9 pages in the mail with the final game directory that lists all 76 games

Very cool description, this must have been a fantastic program to participate in so far ahead of it's time.

I've been busy writing code but this motivates me to login to PlusCart again to try out the new GameModem releases, and to see if anyone has beaten my hi-score on StarShip (probably!) :)

• Like 1