IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

On 10/11/2020 at 1:13 AM, tmop69 said:

yes, maybe it's the version. We need to check on the real machine.

Regarding Othello, I do not have the listing in my collection for this version, but looking at the scans it seem that can be compiled. If you have the FIAD I'll try it. ;-) 

Here is the TI Basic or Extended Basic version of Othello (in French):

OTHELLO

Edited by globeron

5 hours ago, blackbox said:

Here are all the ten games by Roland Trueman that Stainless Software published:

BEETLE RUN, THE

BILLY BALL AT THE HATCHERY

BILLY BALL PLAYS CATCH

BILLY BALL TO THE RESCUE

CRAZY CLIFF

FLIP FLAP

FLOORAWAY

GEM GRABBER

NOTEWORTHY

SECOND FLOOR (Flooraway 2!)

All on my website for download and to be found in any repository of Jim Petersons Public Domain programs.

Not published by Stainless, but also available, Roland wrote a seasonal game "Reindeers Revenge" (it's on my website)

In addition I am sure other software houses must have published his games, but I can find no record of them.

When a very well known UK TI user group leader (who long since abandoned the TI)  reviewed Crazy Cliff in a popular commercial magazine and gave it a damning review- 0% for playability - Roland bailed out to the Amiga.  In total Stainless sold just 51 cassettes written by Roland (he came in to programming just as cassette sales were collapsing as modules became giveaways and owners disappeared) .

I was able to obtain his consent to release his TI games as PD and add them to the Jim Peterson collection-  and so they were preserved.  Alas I have no way to contact him to let him know about Rasmus fine new Billy Ball game.

s

And here we have the compiled version of the last game: Flip Flap! ?

It's a very nice game. So, all Trueman's games are now compiled and in SSS form.

[GAME] Flip Flap (198x)(R.Trueman)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.1.6.xlsx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, globeron said:

Here is the TI Basic or Extended Basic version of Othello (in French):

OTHELLO 6.38 kB · 0 downloads

Just compiled (really easy to do...)! The response from TI99 is always immediate now. ? 

[GAME] Othello FR (1985)(Tilt HS Magazine)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.1.7.xlsx

• Like 3

TI-Basic  (not Extended Basic)

at the Basic prompt enter:

CALL FILES(0)

OLD DSK1.HOUSRHORRO

HOUSEHORRO

(note that time in 1986 - I made translations to Dutch language)

I have the original German magazine and will upload it.

The House of Horror by Hans Stolicka

S =Walk left direction

D = Walk right direction

T = Throw Ball in the walking direction

J = Jump in the walking direction

Other links to the magazine ("zeitschrift"):

German: HomeComputer August/September 1986

https://www.kultboy.com/Homecomputer-Zeitschrift/48/

http://tronic-verlag.50webs.com/

http://tronic-verlag.50webs.com/Homecomputer/Homecomputer_86.html

http://tronic-verlag.50webs.com/Homecomputer/inhalt_hc_5_86.html

image.thumb.png.528fb6d27dd28ef58dc4b8d54646f7a0.png

• Like 4

I've attached a copy of the Othello program that I wrote way back in the 1980's for TI BASIC. I was interested in playing the two compiled versions against each other. The speed seems similar.

The picture below shows the results. My program is on the left and was playing white. That's a pretty decisive win, although another game might come out different.

The game is OTHELLO-C and is run from XB. (Not a cartridge) SDEX keys move the cursor, then Enter. The game below was playing in the "intermediate" mode.

One of my colleagues at work wrote a simple Othello program. We played them against each other and the loser had to buy lunch. Mine won!

Othello.thumb.jpg.7da48226d9174d8b0091f7359625faa5.jpg

OthelloHW.zip

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, senior_falcon said:

That's a pretty decisive win, although another game might come out different

Thank you for sharing this!  I was just doing a try to see if in XB and Assembler they will make different moves 

Artificial Intelligence / Machine Based Learning ?  but it seems they follow the same pattern.

Interesting yours is having the same pattern as well.

50 minutes ago, globeron said:

Thank you for sharing this!  I was just doing a try to see if in XB and Assembler they will make different moves 

Artificial Intelligence / Machine Based Learning ?  but it seems they follow the same pattern.

Interesting yours is having the same pattern as well.

The pattern is the same because they are playing the same game. The program on the right went first. It was playing black I transferred the black move to my program on the left. It made a white move. I transferred that white move to the program on the right. It made a black move which I transferred to the left program, which made a white move...etc.etc.

The second game was closer. My program started, playing black. At the end it had won 41 to 23. It made a mistake at the end that cost the whole right side. A human wouldn't make this mistake.

By the way, it can happen in Othello that a player cannot move. Neither program is smart enough to know this. On my program, to pass because you have no moves, you press Ctrl P. On the other program you enter a row of zero.

When my program encounters more than one move that are of equal value, it will choose randomly from them.

Othello.thumb.jpg.7819d83a4822afd92a373bf6983545e0.jpg

(Edit) The third time the game was exactly the same as the first.

Edited by senior_falcon

3 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

I've attached a copy of the Othello program that I wrote way back in the 1980's for TI BASIC. I was interested in playing the two compiled versions against each other. The speed seems similar.

The picture below shows the results. My program is on the left and was playing white. That's a pretty decisive win, although another game might come out different.

The game is OTHELLO-C and is run from XB. (Not a cartridge) SDEX keys move the cursor, then Enter. The game below was playing in the "intermediate" mode.

One of my colleagues at work wrote a simple Othello program. We played them against each other and the loser had to buy lunch. Mine won!

OthelloHW.zip 5.38 kB · 9 downloads

This keeps saying download failed, I'm using Firefox on an Android cell phone.

9 hours ago, globeron said:

I only scanned TI-99/4A related pages and the listing

(in case someone want to translate it back to the original

text in German language)  .cc @Schmitzi  ;-)

HomeComputer-Aug-Sep-1986-2020-10-26_122113.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

The pattern is the same because they are playing the same game. The program on the right went first. It was playing black I transferred the black move to my program on the left. It made a white move. I transferred that white move to the program on the right. It made a black move which I transferred to the left program, which made a white move...etc.etc.

That makes sense now!

3 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

This is not a cartridge. It is a program that runs in XB. Put it into a folder in Classic99 then run it like any other XB program.

I have tried to download your OthelloHW.zip, on my Android phone, it comes up with a download failed message, every time. So I can't run it, if I can't get it to download. It must be an issue on my cell phone, as all the other files are downloading just fine. Thanks though.

13 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

I have tried to download your OthelloHW.zip, on my Android phone, it comes up with a download failed message, every time. So I can't run it, if I can't get it to download. It must be an issue on my cell phone, as all the other files are downloading just fine. Thanks though.

I dl'd from my android, just now.

Reboot.lol

Edited by GDMike

22 hours ago, globeron said:

TI-Basic  (not Extended Basic)

at the Basic prompt enter:

CALL FILES(0)

OLD DSK1.HOUSRHORRO

HOUSEHORRO 11.68 kB · 15 downloads

The House of Horror by Hans Stolicka

S =Walk left direction

D = Walk right direction

T = Throw Ball in the walking direction

J = Jump in the walking direction

Other links to the magazine ("zeitschrift"):

German: HomeComputer August/September 1986

https://www.kultboy.com/Homecomputer-Zeitschrift/48/

http://tronic-verlag.50webs.com/

http://tronic-verlag.50webs.com/Homecomputer/Homecomputer_86.html

http://tronic-verlag.50webs.com/Homecomputer/inhalt_hc_5_86.html

image.thumb.png.528fb6d27dd28ef58dc4b8d54646f7a0.png

So, here is the compiled version of this game (a good halloween choice). I like it! ?

I've changed the "T" key with the "K", since it's more ergonomic to use withe the "J". I've partially translated from Dutch to English, although it was intriguing to read the messages in such unfamiliar language. Note that level 7 is easy, 1 is difficult! ;-) 

Have fun!

[GAME] The House of Horror (1984)(Hans Stolicka)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.1.8.xlsx

• Like 3

22 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

OthelloHW.zip 5.38 kB · 21 downloads

And another Othello version to try! ? 

[GAME] Othello XB (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.1.8.xlsx

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tmop69 said:

Do you have the EA5 files to create a SSS to include with the other compiled programs?

In this folder is OTHELLO which is the original TI BASIC Othello program I wrote. I think you can compile this without changes and then do whatever you want with it.

OthelloHW.zip

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 1