IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

Moving to the 200 games milestone, here we have:

Bugs and Worms: a Snake like game;

- Sniper: shoot the killer, save hostages. Reflex game;

- Miner: strategy game. How many gems could you grab?

- Miner TI99: another strategy game. Collect gold;

Traversee Mouvementee: simple game. Avoid cars;

- Wrap: a Tron/Snafu clone. 1 or 2 players.

Have fun!

[GAME] Bugs and Worms (1982)(Program Innovators)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Miner (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP]_8.bin.zip [GAME] Miner TI99 (198x)(Sam Pincus, Bob Camarata)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Sniper (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Traversee Mouvementee (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Wrap (1981)(Kemp Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.2.xlsx

• Like 6

Let's restart with new compiled games! ? 

Today we have:

- WORM MAZE

An interesting action/puzzle game. It's a variant of the Snake game with some puzzle to solve, enemies, etc. It looks really interesting, but is also terribly slow with the standard TI BASIC! So, now it's compiled and fully enjoyable!

You can read more information on this game on the TI99IUC web page: https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=339#.YDtSNk6g-Uk

(the zip file with the compiled version of the game should be added soon to the page).

Have fun and stay tuned: another interesting game will be added soon! ;-) 

[GAME] Worm Maze (2010)(Peter Lee)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.4.xlsx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You surely know that there is a game, written in 1984 by two Italian brothers, called  MORPHY  that uses Sprites in TI BASIC. It uses a special technique to break the TI BASIC Sandbox for accessing the Sprites features.

There is a thread on AA (https://atariage.com/forums/topic/273248-ti-basic-sprite-games/#comments) and two articles on the TI99IUC site (https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=articoli_tech&artid=208#.YDvd5E6g-Uk and https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=343#.YDvGxE6g-Uk) if you need to read more on this topic.

This game is technically not compatible with the BASIC Compiler. Moreover, it uses floating points in some lines and has a lot of code not so friendly for the BASIC compiler. So, when some months ago @ti99iuc asked me if it's possible to have a compiled version of the game for the article he was preparing, the answer was negative. In fact, he added the SSS version in TI BASIC I've created using the dump feature of Classic 99.

However, some days ago, after the publishing of the dedicated article on the TI99IUC site, I decided to check and try again... and the result is the compiled version of Morphy that you can find in the attachment below! ? 

Moreover, I've enhanced it with joystick support, cheat mode (the game is difficult!), intro screen, English translation, fast and slow modes and fixed some glitches of the original code! The game was fully tested (many thanks to @ti99iuc for the tests) and the extra speed really boosted the whole gameplay. ;-) 

So guys, try it and let me know if it was worth to have it compiled! ;-)

[GAME] Morphy (1984)(Tesioware)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.5.xlsx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

New compiled games:

- Escape From The Pyramid Of Mars. Action game. Added joystick support;
- The Mummy's Tomb. Action game. There is already a compiled version, however mine has smoother joystick response, so a better gameplay;
- Bloxo-TI-Z. Strategy/puzzle game. Some improvements also in this version vs. the existing one;
- TI Kong. This is a clone of Donkey Kong (first level). I have it in the '80s and was really, really slow! Now is playable. It seems a Game&Watch style game now;
- Briscola. An Italian card game. Read Wikipedia for rules;
- Planets Explorer. Action game. Avoid red blocks, grab fuel, bonues, etc. 

Have fun! ? 

------------------------------------

Total compiled games: 208.

[GAME] Bloxo-TI-Z (2010)(UnHuman)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Briscola (1984)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Escape From The Pyramid Of Mars (2020)(MrGonker)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Planets Explorer (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] The Mummy's Tomb (2018)(Retrospect)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] TI Kong (1983)(Giangio)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.6.xlsx

• Like 7

3 variants of the Snake game:

- Snakes: two players version;

- Mister Snake: a Nibbler like variant. Added joystick support;

- The Snake: traditional variant. Added joystick support.

Total compiled games: 213.

[GAME] Mister Snake (198x)(Lorenzo Puccetti)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Snakes (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] The Snake (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 6

New week, new compiled games:

Muraglia. Another two players Snake clone (this with joystick support);

The Wall HC. A variant of Brick games. You need to destroy the wall with only 120 balls available;

- The Wall. Another Brick like game;

Bombe su New York. Another variant of the Bombs on NY game.

Total compiled games: 217.

[GAME] Bombe su New York (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Muraglia (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] The Wall (198x)(MPL)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] The Wall (1984)(HC)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 5

New games:

Avventura Medioevale: 2 players, Gorillas like game;

Connect 5: 2 players, strategy;

The Tic Tac Toe;

Tic Tac Toe 2D: from Texas Instruments;

Tutti Frutti: slots game.

Total compiled games: 222.

[GAME] Avventura Medioevale (198x)(Ftr. Ghelli)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Connect 5 (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] The Tic Tac Toe (198x)(Massimo Bianchi)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Tic Tac Toe 2D (1982)(Texas Instruments)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Tutti Frutti (198x)(Francomputer)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

Edited by tmop69
  • Like 5

New games:

- LEM!: very difficult game. Added joystick support;

- Dungeon: action game. Added joystick support;

- Labirintum: maze game. Added joystick support;

Total compiled games: 225.

[GAME] Dungeon (1983)(Luca Verzello)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Labirintum (1983)(Francomputer)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] LEM! (1984)(Francomputer)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.7.xlsx

• Like 5

On 3/5/2021 at 1:13 PM, tmop69 said:

- Bloxo-TI-Z. Strategy/puzzle game. Some improvements also in this version vs. the existing one;

What did you change?  I wrote this and compiled and shared it a few years ago...  So, wondering what you figured needed fixing.

Thanks - Howie

16 hours ago, unhuman said:

What did you change?  I wrote this and compiled and shared it a few years ago...  So, wondering what you figured needed fixing.

Thanks - Howie

To be honest, I've realized that there is already a compiled version after having compiled it... ? 

If you compare the two version, I've added a delay at the completion of the level to be able to read the stats, since are disappearing too fast. The joystick movement seems to be a little more precise (at least with my joysticks), due to the different delay values used.

Anyway, I like this puzzle game. ? 

• Like 4

New compiled games:

- Torri di Hanoi: the classical game:

- Prisioner: read the description with photos on TI99IUC site (Prisioner);

- Simon Texas: read the description with photos on TI99IUC site (Simon Texas);

Total compiled games: 231.

[GAME] Prisioner (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Simon Texas (1986)(Osvaldo Contenti)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Torri di Hanoi (198x)(Paper Soft Magazine)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.8.xlsx

• Like 6

New games:

- Punti e Quadrati: strategy game. Change all the blocks into dots;

- Circuit Race: avoid collisions in the circuit.

Available also in the "Latest" section on TI99IUC (TI99 IUC | Latest).

Total compiled games: 233.

[GAME] Circut Race (198x)(Lorenzo Puccetti)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Punti e Quadrati (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 4