IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

14 hours ago, jrhodes said:

There is a game for TI basic which uses a sprite, and you shoot at a ufo.

Yes, it is simple and not really a game, but i would appreciate it if you could make a finalgrom bin for it. Please?

I don't think you can compile that because it uses a trick to display those sprites. And if you could compile it you would have a machine code program that uses a sprite, which is no big deal. But you can use Classic99 to create a TI BASIC restore cartridge where you will have to type RUN yourself. Note that this doesn't work in Classic99 because it hasn't got a header in the last bank, but it should work in the FinalGROM.

ufo8.bin

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jrhodes said:

There is a game for TI basic which uses a sprite, and you shoot at a ufo.

Yes, it is simple and not really a game, but i would appreciate it if you could make a finalgrom bin for it. Please?

This is easy to do in classic99..  it even has instructions in the manual..

BASICUFO_8.BIN

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

I don't think you can compile that because it uses a trick to display those sprites. And if you could compile it you would have a machine code program that uses a sprite, which is no big deal. But you can use Classic99 to create a TI BASIC restore cartridge where you will have to type RUN yourself. Note that this doesn't work in Classic99 because it hasn't got a header in the last bank, but it should work in the FinalGROM.

ufo8.bin 16 kB · 1 download

Oh, did I forget to remove the warning? Classic99 now searches for the startup bank, so it will work fine.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

ufo8.bin 16 kB · 3 downloads

You probably haven't read post #286. I've been able to compile Morphy, that is using the same technique. ?

I was surprised nobody asked how it was possible, since it's not technically possible... ?

So, this is the challenge for the week end for the TI Gurus of the forum. ?

33 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

I did read it, but I assumed you just changed the sprites to normal XB sprites. ?

? Ok, it was an easy challenge. I've created a wrapper routine for the CALL CHAR lines that are using the sprites, so they can use the same parameters to use the XB sprite routine. However, it was the easy part for this game to be compiled. There are a lot of other points not compiler-friendly.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, InfernalKeith said:

I wasn't checking the forums much these last few months and missed this thread entirely, but thank you for doing this!  This is right up my alley.  I'm going to be grabbing all of these this weekend and checking them out.

The MegaPack with games from 1 to 150 is on post #258 ( MegaPack V2 ). At game 250 I'll probabily release the updated archive. ;-) 

• Like 6

New games for the weekend:

- Prison Run: save the prisoners;

- Puc Man: a PacMan clone;

- La Vendetta del Fantasma: a maze game;

As usual, I've added joystick support if not present.

------------------------------------

Total compiled games: 237.

[GAME] La Vendetta del Fantasma (198x)(LIST Magazine)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Prison Run (1983)(Charles A.Sharpe)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Puc Man (198x)(Francomputer)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 5

New week, new games:

EggBert (aka Eggscape);

- Medusa;

- La Caverna;

- Frogger's Game. This is one of the few games that are fast in TI BASIC. Now with joystick support, trainer (lives, timer), etc.

Have fun.

Total compiled games: 241.

[GAME] EggBert (1985)(Computer Facts)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Frogger's Game (1984)(Massimo Bianchi)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] La Caverna (1983)(Marcello Covino)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Medusa (1984)(Dado)[Compiled by TMOP].zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.4.9.xlsx

• Like 7

New games:

- Egipt. Added joystick support.

- Deadline. Added joystick support. Fixed bugs in the display routine/end game.

Total compiled games: 243.

[GAME] Egipt (1984)(Luca Brentaro)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

[GAME] DeadLine (198x)(Isidoro II)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

Edited by tmop69
  • Like 6

Many thanks for Challenge Poker, one of those insane games I actually enjoy playing...

To help you get to 300 games,  I attach a zip file with 40 TIB/XB programs which I don't think have been compiled yet (on 3 DSSD disk images).  There is a small text file in there describing the games.   Programs in TIB have had machine code additions removed and should work in pure TIB.  A couple need a CALL FILES(1) to run from disk- this is in the text file.

It is really so convenient to run these from fg99 when your old TI drives are as dry as dust and the cassettes do take so long...

best wishes

s

ToCompile.zip

• Like 7

@blackbox Beetle Run was already compiled (and has received also a V1.1 update). You can find it in the MagaPack V2.0.

In attachment the compiled Mr D game from your list. Now with real "arcade" speed. ? I've added 3 different speed modes (1 is fastest) to try. I prefer the fastest version! ;-) 

Total compiled games: 246.

[GAME] Mr D (198x)(SP Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 7

2 new compiled games for the weekend:

Worm Chase: a very playable clone of Snake;

- PowerBall: an excellent game! It was fast also in stock XB. Now compiled and in SSS for your FG99. I've added joystick support (arrows keys if you use the keyboard). @blackbox great suggestion for this game!

Have fun!

Total compiled games: 248.

[GAME] Power Ball (1985)(Graham Marshall)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Worm Chase (1983)(Paul Triffitt)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 7

From the same author (Graham Marshall) of the great PowerBall game in my previous post:

- Spring Heeled Jack. Screenshoots/description on TI99IUC page (Spring Heeled Jack). It has a look&feel of some Spectrum games. ? Added joystick support, as usual.

It's another nice game! Does anyone know if there are other games from the same author? 

Have fun!

Total compiled games: 249.

[GAME] Spring Heeled Jack (1985)(Graham Marshall)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 7

We have now reached 250 compiled games!

To celebrate, let's play

* * * G H O S T B U S T E R S * * *

Not only on C64 now... ? 

Read the description (or try it online) on the TI99IUC dedicated page (GhostBusters).

Have fun!

[GAME] GhostBusters (1985)(Thomas Dreibrodt)[Compiled by TMOP]_8.zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.5.0.xlsx

• Like 7

Let's move to the 300 games milestone:

- Super Miner: read the description here (Super Miner);

Hungarian Hex: a puzzle game from (from @blackbox disk);

- Maze of Ariel: a maze game (from @blackbox disk);

Kong: a DK clone (from @blackbox disk);

Total compiled games: 254.

[GAME] Hungarian Hex (1982)(Stephen Shaw)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Kong (198x)(SP Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Maze of Ariel (198x)(Not Polyoptics)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Super Miner (1984)(Ralf Mischok)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 7

New games:

Aardvarkread the description here (Aardvark);

Black Holeread the description here (Black Tunnel);

Cyber Runread the description here (Cyber Run);

Galactic Encounterread the description here (Galactic Encounter);

Tacomanread the description here (Tacoman).

Total compiled games: 261.

[GAME] Aardvark (1984)(Patrick Pelletier)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Black Hole (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Cyber Run (2010)(Marc Hull)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Galactic Encounter (1984)(Addatex Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Tacoman (1984)(R. S. Kemmetmueller)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 8

This is AWESOME! It's like a walk down memory lane too!

Glad someone did Maze of Ariel, that game looked good but was incredibly slow, especially with the initial maze set up. 

Here's my recommendations, although I don't have any of them on hand to post here but maybe naming them will inspire others who also liked them:

Cavern Quest - Moonbeam software

Cool platformer that already ran pretty good but might benefit from compiling.

Meltdown

Rather like the Atari game Turmoil, except it really needs a speed up.

Window Washer

Platformer where obviously you go around washing windows on a building.

Zap-A-Ball

Two player game where each player controls a laser gun and try to shoot a falling ball so it lands on the other player's side of the screen. Neat concept, but really too slow in original form to be that playable.

Meteor Rescue

Someone's really good take on the Taito arcade game Lunar Rescue.

Meteor(s)

Someone might have already done this one as a game called "Meteors" was posted earlier, the one I'm thinking of had the player opening gates on a bridge to let meteors drop through.

Beeline

Game where you play a honey bee collecting pollen.

Chuck-A-Luck

Dice game.

The Game of Mr. T

Extremely funny multi-level game where you play Mr. T!

Shoosh Boomers (If I remember the title correctly)

Skiing game.

Wizard's Dominion

3D maze game.

Schmoo

Game where you try to calculate the angle and power to shoot a ball of mud at a character at the other end of the screen. 

• Like 2