IGNORED

TI BASIC/TI EXTENDED BASIC Games that are worth to be compiled...

tmop69

New games for the weekend:

- Hoppy V: a nice Frogger clone. Read the description here (Hoppy V);

- Banzai Bunny: another variant of Frogger. Read the description here (Banzai Bunny).

------------------------------------

Total compiled games: 292.

[GAME] Banzai Bunny (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Hoppy V (1987)(Carsten Ziepke)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 6

Frogs, frogs and frogs...  a compilation of Frogger clones/variants:

- Roady Toad. Description on TI99IUC page (Roady Toad);

- Home Bound. Description on TI99IUC page (Home Bound);

Leap Frog. Description on TI99IUC page (Leap Frog);

J. Freddy Frog. Description on TI99IUC page (J. Freddy Frog);

Chicken Helper. Description on TI99IUC page (Chicken Helper);

Dogger. Description on TI99IUC page (Dogger);

Chicken;

Free-Way;

- Freeway;

Frogger Special;

- Frogger XB;

Froggi;

Kermit la Grenouille;

Choose you favourite version! ;-) 

As usual, the joystick was added if not supported, etc.

------------------------------------

Total compiled games: 305.

[GAME] Chicken (1983)(D. German)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Chicken Helper (198x)(Phil Beljaeff)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Dogger (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Free-Way (198x)(Burghardt Knedel)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Freeway (198x)(Stan Cassidy)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Frogger Special (1984)(Kaboso Karsten Bogusch Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Frogger XB (1983)(P. Pheby)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Froggi (1984)(Burghardt Knedel)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] HomeBound V1.2 (198x)(Unknown)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] J. Freddy Frog (1986)(J. Peter Hoddie)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Kermit la Grenouille (198x)(J. De Winter)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Leap Frog (1984)(Gordon Tomlinson)[Compiled by TMOP].zip [GAME] Roady Toad V1.1 (1984)(Micro-Software)[Compiled by TMOP].zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm absolutely impressed by the speed at which you deliver new, compiled games every week, but I'm sad to say I only have time to look at a few of them. I believe no other retro computers have this luxury. ? Maybe we should make a compilation ROM with the best at some point?

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Asmusr said:

I'm absolutely impressed by the speed at which you deliver new, compiled games every week, but I'm sad to say I only have time to look at a few of them. I believe no other retro computers have this luxury. ? Maybe we should make a compilation ROM with the best at some point?

Many thanks for the feedback! ? 

I'm trying to optimize the conversion process as much as possible to minimize the "compile-test-fix" cycle. I've a checklist of 13 items for TI BASIC and 17 items for XBASIC games. I'm using snippets of code ready for cut&paste, the Classic99 is in always with CPU throttling ON, etc. And I'm also exploiting @ti99iuc for testing some of the games. ?

I think I've now reached a good balance between conversion speed and final result. However, the tests are mainly done with NTSC and Classic99 and some games were not played untile the end. So, some help here is really welcome, expecially if we want a compilation of Best Compiled Games. ;-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sparkdrummer said:

I’m far behind on downloading your efforts. Is there going to be a zip file soon that contains them all?

I know, I know that a MegaPack is needed... ? I've just prioritized the creation of new compiled games, however the .zip is coming soon, since now we have reached the 300 games. ;-) 

• Like 7

*    TI BASIC/EXTENDED BASIC COMPILED GAMES     *
*                         MEGA PACK V3.0.0                              *

All the games (300+) in one .zip archive, with scripts to rename for FinalGROM (I've only tested the Windows script, not the Un*x counterpart).

This pack replaces the previous .zip (some of the games in the previous archives received an update and are included in this new pack).

*** Have Fun with your TI99! ***

TI99_Compiled_Games_MEGA_Pack_V3.0.0_by_TMOP.zip TI99_Compiled_Games_List_V1.5.2.xlsx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

This is some outstanding work. I need to build a few 2M cartridge boards to try and set up some compilation files. . .once I figure out what all of the code Gazoo put into his loader file does. I know he posted the process here and was working a bit with @Fritz442 to build cartridge compilation files, so there is data available for me to learn the process.

• Like 6