IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 10 - Beauty & the Beast

This game should be re-named Beauty and Frustrating Cheap Deaths.  It's amazing how quickly you can lose lives in this one.  You can be going along just fine, and all of sudden lose all of your lives in a matter of seconds.  The game has fun elements, but that aggravation can set in really fast!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

This game should be re-named Beauty and Frustrating Cheap Deaths.  It's amazing how quickly you can lose lives in this one.  You can be going along just fine, and all of sudden lose all of your lives in a matter of seconds.  The game has fun elements, but that aggravation can set in really fast!

Yeah. I think it's because you get knocked back down to the lower level of the floor, which is complete chaos with all of the bumpers above you!

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

It is odd though. And not just this game. Other games we've played have a similar Cliff. Once you fall off it, it's a fast trip to the ground. 

Very true.  A lot of these old games have that same characteristic.  Fun, yet frustratingly hard.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Wanna try something funny? Climb up real high, then slide off the side of the building. It’s hilarious.

I really like this game tho. It’s one of those games I don’t remember how I got it or if I ever played it (shame, I know, but we’ve all been there) and it’s just been sitting on my shelf with a box and instructions (no overlays, but luckily ya don’t need em). And the manual is funny too.

I like how fast the game plays, the hearts that let ya blast through everything, and that you get little breaks between screens. The airplane with its words of encouragement are fun too, even when it’s a bit petty with “lucky”, haha. I’m sorry bro, but it wasn’t luck that got me past the first floor, haha. 

4.0 10,300 (fell from a nice height)

2F141C18-FFD1-43E7-B873-A59C02FFF75B.thumb.jpeg.d8d798d5066df2f24e71369baf3bc75f.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Wanna try something funny? Climb up real high, then slide off the side of the building. It’s hilarious.

I really like this game tho. It’s one of those games I don’t remember how I got it or if I ever played it (shame, I know, but we’ve all been there) and it’s just been sitting on my shelf with a box and instructions (no overlays, but luckily ya don’t need em). And the manual is funny too.

I like how fast the game plays, the hearts that let ya blast through everything, and that you get little breaks between screens. The airplane with its words of encouragement are fun too, even when it’s a bit petty with “lucky”, haha. I’m sorry bro, but it wasn’t luck that got me past the first floor, haha. 

4.0 10,300 (fell from a nice height)

2F141C18-FFD1-43E7-B873-A59C02FFF75B.thumb.jpeg.d8d798d5066df2f24e71369baf3bc75f.jpeg

Lol!  Those things you mentioned are funny, but to be honest the frustration overrules everything in this one for me. Just wish it wasn’t so easy to lose all your lives so fast. Otherwise it is a well-done game overall.

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Lol!  Those things you mentioned are funny, but to be honest the frustration overrules everything in this one for me. Just wish it wasn’t so easy to lose all your lives so fast. Otherwise it is a well-done game overall.

We'll see how much time I get to spend with this one and I'll find out real fast how I truly feel, haha. I'm expecting a stiff increase in difficulty. If I plateau on this building, well then...

• Like 2