IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 10 - Beauty & the Beast

Another Ima-glitch. My character was an explanation point. Horrible Hank looks like a cyclops. I was able to play but I don't think there were any obstacles.

This only happened once. This game is pretty solid otherwise. Some of the sounds aren't working, like the no falling sound, but that happens on a lot of games for me (Auto racing, Demon Attack). Sounds are either missing or don't sound right. Does anyone else have sound issues with original Intellivision hardware?

IMG_3361.thumb.jpg.696040a86936739dcfc2e48cbb66ef80.jpg

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Player One said:

Another Ima-glitch. My character was an explanation point. Horrible Hank looks like a cyclops. I was able to play but I don't think there were any obstacles.

This only happened once. This game is pretty solid otherwise. Some of the sounds aren't working, like the no falling sound, but that happens on a lot of games for me (Auto racing, Demon Attack). Sounds are either missing or don't sound right. Does anyone else have sound issues with original Intellivision hardware?

That is really odd.  I don't have any sound issues with my original hardware.  If you are experiencing this with several games, that makes me think that there is something going wrong with your unit, like maybe a failing sound chip or something.  I would bet that's it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

That is really odd.  I don't have any sound issues with my original hardware.  If you are experiencing this with several games, that makes me think that there is something going wrong with your unit, like maybe a failing sound chip or something.  I would bet that's it.

Yea. That makes sense, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I figured I would update the TOTAL points after Star Strike with Jacob being sick. NOTE: This does NOT include any points Jacob decides to award for record breaking scores. This just includes the total points from both Star Strike games. The Bonus game is assumed to be scored from +7 all the way down to +1 for participation. This does NOT include any scores from B&B or BNJ obviously. Hopefully I got everything right. I am an Accountant so numbers are my thing... ?

1. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+133]
2. IntyFanMatt [+124]
3. Rickster8 [+122]
4. BiffMan [+95]
5. JacobZu7zu7 [+80]
6. mr_me [+60]
7. Ace24 [+58]
8. fakecortex [+40]
9. Player One [+35]
10. hoosierdadee78 [+30]
11. Intelligentleman [+29]
12. gar0u [+20]
13. JasonlikesINTV [+19]
14. roadrunner [+14]
15. ed1475 [+11]
16. jblenkle [+8]
17. Jimmy KDawg [+7]
18. Oscar G. [+6]
19. Mangia-boy [+5]
20. S.BAZ [+4]
21. dpisacane [+3]
22. cmadruga [+1]
  • Thanks 6

Okay guys after Jacob's last post about still being sick I am gonna take the initiative to add the bonus points to the total scores. So after researching it seems that cparsley scored 8,326 pts on the disc level of Star Strike back in Season 1 of the HSC. IntyFanMatt scored 8,336 pts which gets 2 bonus points for breaking and setting a new record. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN scored 8,334 pts so he also gets a bonus point for breaking the old record of 8,326 pts. Mr_me set a new record with 7,796 pts on the bonus level (Level 5) so that also gets awarded 2 pts. Obviously this scoring is tentative and needs to be audited by Jacob before it's FINAL, but for now we can atleast go with these numbers until he is better. So IntyFanMatt gets 2 more pts, mr_me gets 2 more pts and SPARTAN gets 1 more pt. 

1. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+134]
2. IntyFanMatt [+126]
3. Rickster8 [+122]
4. BiffMan [+95]
5. JacobZu7zu7 [+80]
6. mr_me [+62]
7. Ace24 [+58]
8. fakecortex [+40]
9. Player One [+35]
10. hoosierdadee78 [+30]
12. gar0u [+20]
13. JasonlikesINTV [+19]
14. roadrunner [+14]
15. ed1475 [+11]
16. jblenkle [+8]
17. Jimmy KDawg [+7]
18. Oscar G. [+6]
19. Mangia-boy [+5]
20. S.BAZ [+4]
21. dpisacane [+3]
22. cmadruga [+1]

• Thanks 5

Can't seem to do as well as I did on my first session with this one (getting stuck on the third building). I was getting frustrated with the controls, so figured I'd try it on an emulator, and it wasn't any better. Does anyone else feel like your guy doesn't move properly? Like, you feel like he should zip up the window with a smooth motion but you over shoot it or something and he just doesn't go. I think I need a time out with this one ?

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

Can't seem to do as well as I did on my first session with this one (getting stuck on the third building). I was getting frustrated with the controls, so figured I'd try it on an emulator, and it wasn't any better. Does anyone else feel like your guy doesn't move properly? Like, you feel like he should zip up the window with a smooth motion but you over shoot it or something and he just doesn't go. I think I need a time out with this one ?

Yes absolutely, the controls can be pretty bad with this one. You think you’re pressing up but the game doesn’t register that and you wind up dying and falling off the side of the building as well. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Yeah no doubt. This game is all about quickness. Numerous times I’ve shot for the open window to either the far left or far right only to have the controller over shoot and the guy goes flying off the building to his death. Also what happens to me alot is the controller gets stuck and I have to shake the controller, but by then the rash of deaths starts happening bcuz I got out of my rhythm and then it’s all over. I love Intellivision and usually I like the controllers, but this game needs to have some form of joystick. There I said it. I know sacrilege. ??????

• Haha 2

B&B Update thru Post #90: I didn't list any scores as they only matter for tie-breaker purposes... 

1. 7.1 hoosierdadee78

2. 7.0 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

3. 6.9 JacobZu7zu7

4. 6.8 Biffman

5. 6.7 IntyFanMatt

6. 5.6 Rickster8

7. 4.6 Player One

8. 4.5 Ace24

9. 4.0 fakecortex

10. 3.1 Mangia Boy

11. 2.5 Intelligentleman

12. 2.2 Jblenkle

13. 1.4 roadrunner

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah no doubt. This game is all about quickness. Numerous times I’ve shot for the open window to either the far left or far right only to have the controller over shoot and the guy goes flying off the building to his death. Also what happens to me alot is the controller gets stuck and I have to shake the controller, but by then the rash of deaths starts happening bcuz I got out of my rhythm and then it’s all over. I love Intellivision and usually I like the controllers, but this game needs to have some form of joystick. There I said it. I know sacrilege. ??????

My INTV has the stickler and I'll say this much...still have all those problems ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 9:50 AM, Rickster8 said:

Okay guys after Jacob's last post about still being sick I am gonna take the initiative to add the bonus points to the total scores. So after researching it seems that cparsley scored 8,326 pts on the disc level of Star Strike back in Season 1 of the HSC. IntyFanMatt scored 8,336 pts which gets 2 bonus points for breaking and setting a new record. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN scored 8,334 pts so he also gets a bonus point for breaking the old record of 8,326 pts. Mr_me set a new record with 7,796 pts on the bonus level (Level 5) so that also gets awarded 2 pts. Obviously this scoring is tentative and needs to be audited by Jacob before it's FINAL, but for now we can atleast go with these numbers until he is better. So IntyFanMatt gets 2 more pts, mr_me gets 2 more pts and SPARTAN gets 1 more pt. 

1. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+134]
2. IntyFanMatt [+126]
3. Rickster8 [+122]
4. BiffMan [+95]
5. JacobZu7zu7 [+80]
6. mr_me [+62]
7. Ace24 [+58]
8. fakecortex [+40]
9. Player One [+35]
10. hoosierdadee78 [+30]
12. gar0u [+20]
13. JasonlikesINTV [+19]
14. roadrunner [+14]
15. ed1475 [+11]
16. jblenkle [+8]
17. Jimmy KDawg [+7]
18. Oscar G. [+6]
19. Mangia-boy [+5]
20. S.BAZ [+4]
21. dpisacane [+3]
22. cmadruga [+1]

This looks quite accurate, I'll add to the rank update :) Thanks for help.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2020 at 9:35 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Wonder why it converted it like that. 

Emulators don't emulate the video output; the programmer just makes up the colours.  Intvnut changed the colours in jzintv a couple of years ago.  Light blue use to be light blue in older jzintv.  On my crt with an unmodified intellivision, light blue looks pinkish.  There are examples in this thread where it looks purple/pinkish (depending on your eyes).

On 9/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, Rickster8 said:

... Also what happens to me alot is the controller gets stuck and I have to shake the controller, but by then the rash of deaths starts happening bcuz I got out of my rhythm and then it’s all over. I love Intellivision and usually I like the controllers, but this game needs to have some form of joystick. There I said it. I know sacrilege. ??????

Is that a flashback controller?  Never heard of the disc getting stuck.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Emulators don't emulate the video output; the programmer just makes up the colours.  Intvnut changed the colours in jzintv a couple of years ago.  Light blue use to be light blue in older jzintv.  On my crt with an unmodified intellivision, light blue looks pinkish.  There are examples in this thread where it looks purple/pinkish (depending on your eyes).

Is that a flashback controller?  Never heard of the disc getting stuck.

Not so much the disc getting stuck but the guy in the game gets stuck going halfway up the open window... That quick pause kills a good game cuz then the rash of deaths come soon after. Yes Flashback controller. They aren’t the best... 

• Like 1