IGNORED

FS: Eightbit's Red Emergency Phone - Part Deux - Make contact with late 60's and 70's super heroes! -GONE-

eightbit

Back again with a red emergency phone. The last phone had the ability to contact 80's superheroes. Now we step back in time.....nearly a decade to be exact. A 1971 Western Electric "not for sale" red rotary phone. Even though the last season of Batman was in March of '68, I was still able to reach out to Adam West for help in Feb of 1971 using this phone. It hasn't been used since, so it goes untested....but I suspect it will still work. The landline wire is frayed a bit as seen in the pictures. I have not used it since or have attempted contact with any other super heroes, so your results may vary. I heard the Greatest American Hero (even with being an 80's superhero) will only answer calls from these particular models...but it is a rumour and take it as you will.

$75 shipped.

$70 SHIPPED!

GONE BACK TO THE VAULT!

redphone-2-1.jpg

redphone-2.jpg

redphone-2-2.jpg

redphone2-3.jpg

redphone-2-4.jpg

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2

Nice! My red touch-tone is now set up in the living room where it freaks out the kids every time it rings. :)

I couldn't use it at work (its intended purpose), though. It got lots of admiring looks from colleagues, but I discovered that the modular phone jacks were disconnected last year. It's all VOIP calling now. :(

• Like 1

@eightbit NICE 505 plug!

32 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I couldn't use it at work (its intended purpose), though. It got lots of admiring looks from colleagues, but I discovered that the modular phone jacks were disconnected last year. It's all VOIP calling now. :(

VoIP phone to Bluetooth, Cell2Jack to red phone.  Smiles all around :)

• Like 2

My dad's house still has several wall jacks that would take that plug (well, it did when we sold it last year).  They have RJ-11 adapters plugged into them (and the landline still works)...

I love that the all the wiring AND the plug are red to match the phone.  That's cool...  :)

Now $70 shipped. I don't think I am going to go much lower than this as I really don't NEED to sell it. I am just trying to obtain funds for some upgrade work for some of my consoles and figured someone might want this nifty relic to compliment their collection. It looks a LOT better in person than in the pictures, I promise you that!

Last day today (9/21/2020) to have a chance to own the red emergency rotary. If it does not sell today it will be carefully placed in a hidden vault at an undisclosed location on the east coast of the United States with two special armed forces guards that will guard and protect it for enemy hands for 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the remainder of the century (at least). It will be connected and active for direct military interaction with the super heroes...many of which are now in quarantine do to the pandemic unfortunately.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1