IGNORED

Printable Championship Baseball Overlay

pixelpedant

And incidentally, for printing purposes, by my measurement, the dimensions of the Terry Turtle's Adventure overlay (which I do have) are 15cm wide by 16cm tall on the printed portion, with laminate extending 2mm beyond the printed portion of the overlay on all sides.  So printing should presumably attempt to conform to those measurements.  The bed of the MBX keypad itself is a little over 15cm in both dimensions, but the overlay sits under the "lip" at the top and bottom. 

5 minutes ago, GDMike said:

There's a challenge waiting. Who wants to print one of these with their printer? It's doable I think.

Well, the one I pictured there earlier is one I printed with my printer a few hours ago from the original image I had posted.  Printed and finished using a consumer photo printer, photo paper, paper cutter, and laminator. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

There's a challenge waiting. Who wants to print one of these with their printer? It's doable I think.

Challenge accepted!  Here is a quick and dirty print using a laser printer on presentation paper.  If I had a real laminating machine instead of sticky laminating sheets it probably would have turned out better... (without a few bubbles).

A.thumb.JPG.33a331d274a921c89f3f886642ee5262.JPG

B.thumb.JPG.e7518ac0f837de223ae79dcba5573cb6.JPG

C.thumb.JPG.52bc80c54e5c479f8ec166de96c088ea.JPG

Of course I have no use for it, so I guess it doesn't really matter.  Honestly though, I think it would have turned out better laminated on only one side keeping 2cm of white border.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The real question is:  Why don't I have a laminating machine to support my TI hobby?  From the looks of things, the machines are not expensive.  Maybe the lamination was the reason?  I dunno, I need to look into this more.

Those of you who have laminating machines, which model do you have?  Could you give me a little first-time buyer advice?  

• Thanks 1

I've got this one.  Cheap, as you say, and comes with sheets.  I feel like there's a lot that comes down to user execution, when it comes to lamination using this sort of (extremely simple) machine.  In terms of avoiding debris and/or bubbles.  As far as the machines go, the major distinctions seem to be heat-up time and whether it'll really effectively do 5mm sheets.  Neither of these things really matter to me. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 9:16 AM, pixelpedant said:

I've got this one.  Cheap, as you say, and comes with sheets.  I feel like there's a lot that comes down to user execution, when it comes to lamination using this sort of (extremely simple) machine.  In terms of avoiding debris and/or bubbles.  As far as the machines go, the major distinctions seem to be heat-up time and whether it'll really effectively do 5mm sheets.  Neither of these things really matter to me. 

I'm pondering << this one >>.  I don't exactly need the cutter on top, but it comes with a corner rounder and a few more sheets than the << same one on Amazon >> for more money.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pursuant to the broader goal of archiving and making better accessible various MBX materials, here as well is a good quality scan of the Championship Baseball Manual.

Thank you to Lee Stewart for making this possible.  Without his generously volunteering this manual (and various MBX carts, to boot), I would have nothing to scan.

Championship Baseball Manual.pdf