IGNORED

Atari 8-Bit J-Cards

The Mr. Video

Hi, I made some cassette j-cards for some of my Atari 8-bit games, and I thought I'd share them with you guys. They're saved at actual size, so you shouldn't have to mess with any settings to print them at the correct size. For best results, print on card stock or any kind of white paper that's thicker than regular printer paper. Cut along the faintly colored border and fold according to the white markers in the bleed-in area. I add more j-cards from time to time, so be sure to check back once in a while.

Energy Czar

Spoiler

ECzar.thumb.png.eee41a1ba92b27f7ab6535d38d79ffbc.png

Hangman

Spoiler

Hangman.thumb.png.8df116795b8858031b689d1ba7f49b12.png

Journey to the Planets (JV Software version)

Spoiler

Journey.thumb.png.9343904651a8012141441c007e0408c4.png

Journey to the Planets (Roklan version)

Spoiler

Journey-R.thumb.png.44b9bbc75af295f86b99a3ab4874f286.png

Preppie!

Spoiler

Preppie.thumb.png.7e9a73bd39c42f52ee00cb1c7bed438b.png

SCRAM

Spoiler

SCRAM.thumb.png.59f23bd66f01e305c5fcebb31a69aa77.png

Shamus

Spoiler

Shamus.thumb.png.f618c0da47f93247ddecae711b52783e.png

Space Invaders

Spoiler

Space-Invaders.thumb.png.c44c9416fa173d1970bfe964cfbeb257.png

States & Capitals

Spoiler

1797367831_SC.thumb.png.88bb7074537f08971f6de68e6732c110.png

Temple of Apshai

Spoiler

Apshai.thumb.png.005bd7b32b7a22435b65c954a41f04a1.png

Edited by The Mr. Video
Added Shamus
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Awesome - I can finally add something to the clear case my States & Capitals is in.  Could you please do one for Energy Czar - those are sadly the only 2 tapes I have.

Sure thing! I also plan on doing J-cards for Space Invaders and Journey to the Planets.

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

It has certainly been a while since I've last updated this post, what with the real life stuff and laziness getting in the way. But anyway, I've added not one but two j-cards for Journey to the Planets. One is based on the original JV Software box art, and the other is based on the Roklan box art.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, cx2k said:

These look amazing!! Anyone else print them out yet. They're too big when I print. Almost a full sheet of paper. I checked all the settings and made sure there was no enlarging or "fit to page" but they're still huge.

John

That's strange. I made sure that they are saved at actual size so that you wouldn't have to fiddle with any printer settings, but I guess every printer is different. The only thing I can say is to adjust the print size until it is right. Try using another cassette j-card for reference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"Just when you thought it was safe to make a cup of tea..." another J-Card was posted! I replaced the belt on my 1010 tape drive, which got me interested in cassette games again, so I figured I'd make another J-Card since it has been nearly 2 years since the last one. This time, I did Temple of Apshai both because it seemed like a simple one to do and because I liked the box art. I plan on doing some for Synapse Software games too, so stay tuned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for (At least, I think this is what you're waiting for), a J-card for a Synapse Software game! I started work on Shamus a long time ago, but abandoned it for some reason, so I went back to it and finished it up. I placed the Synapse Software banner on the bottom instead of the side like on the actual box because I thought it would work better here. Also, Shamus and Temple of Apshai do not have any Atari branding on them, so you can use those j-cards for any other version of the game aside from the 8-bit version if you want.