IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 20 ~ Circus Atari

Vocelli

Oh heck yes, I finally achieved my goal of topping 2,000 points! I'm sure at least a few of the super skilled players around here will roll the score, but I'm pretty darn happy with my score for someone who's not particularly awesome at this game. :D

Circus Atari (Game 6, A/B Difficulty): 2,575

DSC00226.thumb.JPG.f46771d72244c5f262cdebe83452dc3f.JPG

P.S.: Best Electronics gold upgraded paddle controllers are seriously fantastic and worth every penny if you like paddle games! ?

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
  • Like 4

Circus Atari 6 A/B-881.

Took a looong time just to clear one wave, this game was already in my "too hard to be fun" file, but I guess this variation is especially brutal.

Not exactly *hating* it, it's kinda fun to play(I love Acrobats, on O2...), but it's just too damned hard.

My pic sucks as well, I'll try to fix the contrast if I improve.

FYI-my(intentionally)old TV just kinda does it's own thing sometimes with contrast and stuff(...mid game even), and in general I have to adjust it a lot for different games anyway-

The problem is, I'm lazy. 

:)

2600CircusAtari6AB881.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

My pic sucks as well, I'll try to fix the contrast if I improve.

FYI-my(intentionally)old TV just kinda does it's own thing sometimes with contrast and stuff(...mid game even), and in general I have to adjust it a lot for different games anyway-

The problem is, I'm lazy. 

:)

I love playing on my classic Zenith, but I'm often fiddling with knobs depending on the system. I try not to let it bother me, haha, but this game in particular is worse than most. I'll have to compare it to another tv. Gotta be the game, b/c Warlords looks nice and crisp.

• Like 2

Yeah, I was not on the right game before. Those barriers hurt ya until they don't- bouncing back and forth off of them at the top really racks up the points. My typical game: bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, stuck at the top getting all my points, crash. And the numbers didn't look that much better on a "newer" crt; definitely the way the game displays numbers is worse than others.

353- game 6A

circus_atari-6a-353.thumb.JPG.d09b175008b550e241747a1c85844660.JPG

And it's the triumphant return of that strategy book I have! FC comin' in hot with the photo dump...

1-circus_atari-strategy_book.thumb.jpg.3bf09f09dd01368b69dade28d6960eed.jpg2-circus_atari-strategy_book.jpg.thumb.jpg.9acc39e7e9a96c1c185c3096297a9f6a.jpg3-circus_atari-strategy_book.jpg.thumb.jpg.cf9d736947da380889c1beed58cb4876.jpg4-circus_atari-strategy_book.jpg.thumb.jpg.fa841aa1ae41b6be089e36781e81dd65.jpg

No strategy for Warlords tho. I want to play this one with 4 players! Have paddles, will travel ?

warlords-strategy_book.jpg.thumb.jpg.4643130764d57a051764b273e476b2e4.jpg

• Like 7

Circus Atari, 6A/B-1088.

A few good things about this week:

My paddles seem to be in great working order!

I "locked in" how to spell Circus, w/o thinking too much about it(always troubled me).

I taught myself a few more compound dirty words(I thought I had figured them all out).

I...don't guess I exactly "hate" the game anymore, it's just too damned hard.

I've had this loose forever(the whole three or four years I've been collecting, lol), and got the CIB a couple months ago, here, from @masschamber, too lazy too look and confirm but I swear I remember commenting to him that... I'd never actually play it, lol!!!

Even a "meh" score on a few tracks would have amounted to a few "points" where I usually play, and I'm usually kinda bad for my..."stinky scores" that are worth "something", but I just never could bring myself to even play this game before.

I'm assuming the lowered number tracks are a bit easier, but I'm too lazy(and have no reason)to check.

Anyway. Cleared two "levels", which seemed impossible to me a couple days ago, but didn't score squat after that.

2600CircusAtari6AB1088.png

• Like 1

Got to the second wave in Circus Atari! Woooo. I know we're playing on the hardest setting, but man, it's hard. Glad I have nice paddles. It's growing on me for sure.

Circus Atari: 826- game 6a, wave 2

circus_atari-6a-826.thumb.JPG.35fb6f7a9af14e54d7c535bbf4e8cd7f.JPG

Warlords, on the other hand, is pissin' me off. I haven't played this one before this week, and I imagine it's a million times better against human players. @classicgamer_27330 I went ahead and tried sitting back and letting it play on its own, haha. Went and played something else, came back, was losing horribly. Wouldn't put it past it for the opposite to happen tho, haha.

Does anyone have any tips for this one? Sometimes it gets so fast, it ends up bouncing around your castle in a blink of an eye; other times you're volleying back and forth with a final opponent who has no bricks left and it still takes forever. What am I missing?

Warlords: 5

warlords-5-2-3.thumb.JPG.57bc4c87e4db6fc8324ed7e0627447cd.JPG