Sign in to follow this  
SoundGammon

Rescue on Fractalus. New version for PC!

Wow!! This looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish it was for the Mac :)

Oh never mind, I see there is one for the Mac :) <Happy Dance> 

Edited by Gavin1968

Yeah, that one's been going for about ten years. It's not done, but there's steady improvement every few years. It definitely looks beautiful!

Yeah its come on here a few times, last version I looked at didn't have the naughty alien...Was due in the next update...

You have to have the alien...

Looks very nice!

The only thing I do not like is the moving cockpit on screen while maneuvering, up down left right - I prefer a frozen, a fixed cockpit on screen. Maybe there's an option for in the settings or config file?

Might have a looksee, hopefully the alien is in, if you have not had the alien in the Atari version then you are in for a treat / pant wetting moment..

Like many, I feel off the chair..

It does look great and very true to the original which is also great but I can't play it till the little fella is in there, I need to know he's lurking around just waiting to give me a coronary :)

As I almost hit 60 I probably should not be wishing for that :)

It’s nice....tried the Mac version. Some aspects are really good, some should improve. F.i. You can land in range of the pilot, but if you’re far away it takes forever for the pilot to arrive...

the launch effect in the tunnel is also much less impressive than the A8 version....and it should be so simple to do....

I kinda expected partly mouse controls but no such thing....

also when landed and systems on, on the A8 you can fly away just by increase your speed, I don’t remember having to press L to “launch”.

also the mothership always seems available....

but all in all it captures all the essentials very well, especially the atmosphere.

the game without aliens is naturally completely worthless thoug, but I think it’s a good think they keep them away until the final version is ready.