IGNORED

Best Plain Old TI BASIC Games (w/MP3)

ballyalley

1 minute ago, mizapf said:

Hmmm, OK, will try whether MAME accepts them, but I'll have to convert them to WAV, because MP3 is not supported. (Hence my question about original WAV files.)

Ah, emulation; fair enough.  A quick on-liner with ffmpeg or sox will take care of you.

59 minutes ago, sparkdrummer said:

I will be in the process, for my own library, to get these put on a real disk and dsk format. If I get enough, I'll put them somewhere also. But Ill be starting this project in the future, after SNP is done, which I'll also provide to the public..IF I can just get past DSR, automation may have just provided a breakthrough on that front. Sad..I'm not smart enough to get that figured out... but thank you for these mp3s. 

Extended Basic Collection from jrhodes zip file.

RETRUN2 XB.mp3 ROCK HOPPER XB.mp3 RUBBERBALL 1 XB.mp3 RUBBERBALL 2 XB.mp3 SKIP TO THE LOOT XB.mp3 SLICKS XB.mp3 SNAKES AND LADDERS XB.mp3 SNOUT OF SPOUT XB.mp3 SPLAT MAN XB.mp3 SPRING HEELED JACK XB.mp3 STARDUST XB.mp3 TETRIS (NOT OFFICIAL) XB.mp3 THE CAVERN XB.mp3 TI LODE XB.mp3 TOMB OF DOOM XB.mp3 TUTACHAMONS TOMB XB.mp3 VICIOUS CIRCLE XB.mp3 WYVERN XB.mp3 ALIEN BUSTER XB.mp3 ALPHANUM DELIGHT XB.mp3 APFELKOBOLD XB.mp3 BACKGAMMON (RAY KAZMER) XB.mp3 BANZAI BUNNY XB.mp3 BILLY BALL AT THE HATCHERY XB.mp3 BILLY BALL PLAYS CATCH XB.mp3 BILLY BALL RESURRECTION XB.mp3 BILLY BALL TO THE RESCUE XB.mp3 BLACKBEARDS TREASURE XB.mp3 BLUE BUGS XB.mp3 BOUNCE XB.mp3 BOUNCER 3D XB.mp3 BYTE MAN XB.mp3 CALIMARI CARL XB.mp3 CASTLE CONQUER XB.mp3 CASTLE OF DEATH XB.mp3 CAVERN QUEST XB.mp3 CHRONICLE OF SNIFFING ZOMBIE XB.mp3 CHUTES N SHARKS XB.mp3 CRAZY RALPH XB.mp3 CYBER RUN XB.mp3 DIAMOND DROP XB.mp3 DODGER XB.mp3 DUNGEON OF PERIL XB.mp3 ELECTRON 2 XB.mp3 FERNANDO XB.mp3 FLOORAWAY JOYSTICK XB.mp3 FLOORAWAY KEYBOARD XB.mp3 FLOORAWAY THE SECOND FLOOR XB.mp3 FOLLOW ME XB.mp3 FREEWAY XB.mp3 FROGGER (NOT OFFICIAL) XB.mp3 GIANT AND DWARFS XB.mp3 GONGO XB.mp3 HAP XB.mp3 HOTDOG XB.mp3 JACK THE DIGGER XB.mp3 JAMES BOND 007 XB.mp3 JUMPER XB.mp3 JUMPING MINER XB.mp3 JUMPMAN XB.mp3 KLIMBING KONG XB.mp3 KORS ELF XB.mp3 LEMON DROP TREE XB.mp3 MATCHING XB.mp3 MAYA XB.mp3 MEAN STREETS XB.mp3 MELTDOWN XB.mp3 MISSLE WARS XB.mp3 MOON DRIVER XB.mp3 MOTHER DUCK XB.mp3 MR ANDROID AND HIS ROBOT FACTORY XB.mp3 NIBBLER (XB VERSION) XB.mp3 NOTEWORTHY XB.mp3 NUT-Z XB.mp3 N-VADERS XB.mp3 OH-NO XB.mp3 OMEGA MANIA XB.mp3 PARANOID PAINTER XB.mp3 POGO JUMP XB.mp3 PONGO XB.mp3 QUASIMODO XB.mp3 REDHOT XB.mp3 RESCUE XB.mp3 RETRUN1 XB.mp3

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sparkdrummer said:

Console Basic Collection [and Extended Basic Collection] from the zip file from jrhodes.

Well, that's a lot of programs for TI and Extended BASIC!!!  My rough estimate says it will take, oh, a million years to load all these BASIC programs from "tape."

When you test these audio files, do you play and use them or just check that they load okay.  Do you have a favorite or two in this collection?

Adam

6 hours ago, ballyalley said:

Well, that's a lot of programs for TI and Extended BASIC!!!  My rough estimate says it will take, oh, a million years to load all these BASIC programs from "tape."

When you test these audio files, do you play and use them or just check that they load okay.  Do you have a favorite or two in this collection?

Adam

When i made those collections, i tested each program for a good 5-6 minutes each on classic99, followed by 10-20 minutes each on real hardware.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi all.  Regarding "Dodger" .... this is one game I've tried a few times, to get "right" and never been happy with my results.  It was a game I had with my original TI99 back in 1985 or so.  It was written by a company called Firefly and was one of the best tape games I had.  With lockdown forcing me inside more, I've had another go at getting it just like the original.  This one is hopefully as responsive as the original, and has graphics very similar according to my memory.  With no files existing of the majority of Firefly's games, I've been trying to make them myself lol!

This game uses Extended Basic but doesn't need the 32K memory expansion.  With each new level the game gets faster, and after level 1, more traffic and monsters appear.  I can get to level 3.  

dodger_xb_2020.wav

dodger.thumb.png.44e4d8809e4059302b12a89e7e4dc342.png

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
Would this work with the brewing academy SD multicart? Would the saves work?

You mean the finalgrom99?

If you're asking that if you can load the tunnels of doom cartridge on the FinalGrom99 the answer is yes. But this is a disk image, if you're asking if you can save a disk on the FinalGrom99 the answer is no it is not a disk drive it is a cartridge.

To use disks you either need a disk controller and drive which usually requires an expansion box, a nanopeb or a TIPI.

All this info is in the FAQ in the pinned post in this forum

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know if it is difficult...

But it would be nice to make it all "push and play", so that one could attract new people or people that have used to TI to use the old system. And... even make it hipp and maybe the value of the TI will go to heaven :p Hmmm... no, that is not good :p hehehe

But it would be nice to have C99 as the backbone and all billion games ready to play.

My daughter loves Hunt the Wompus. She is 10 and speaks and understand English (we are Norwegian), but I have to start up the games if it is old.... I see there are other simple games that she loves too. It would be cool to have the C99 working behind and then a screen with the alphabet to pick a letter to find the game she wants, without me having to do all the commands. Is that possible? Kinda like Retropie, but with C99 as the backbone and in windows.

• Like 2

I don't know if it is difficult...

But it would be nice to make it all "push and play", so that one could attract new people or people that have used to TI to use the old system. And... even make it hipp and maybe the value of the TI will go to heaven [emoji14] Hmmm... no, that is not good [emoji14] hehehe

But it would be nice to have C99 as the backbone and all billion games ready to play.

My daughter loves Hunt the Wompus. She is 10 and speaks and understand English (we are Norwegian), but I have to start up the games if it is old.... I see there are other simple games that she loves too. It would be cool to have the C99 working behind and then a screen with the alphabet to pick a letter to find the game she wants, without me having to do all the commands. Is that possible? Kinda like Retropie, but with C99 as the backbone and in windows.

This is called gamebase..

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 2