COSMOPOLY

INTERCEPTOR

LASER TANK

NORAD

TOWER

Note: ADDVANCE has an endless loop

2570 GOTO 2570

Maybe someone can fix and upload and I'll make a corrected MP3

BANKROLL.mp3 CARS AND CARCASSES I.mp3 CARS AND CARCASSES II.mp3 COSMOPOLY.mp3 CROSSES.mp3 INTERCEPTOR.mp3 KHESANH.mp3 LASER TANK.mp3 MAZE OF ARIEL.mp3 OPHYSS.mp3 SENGOKU.mp3 STARPEG.mp3 TICK WORLD.mp3 TOWER.mp3 WINGING IT.mp3 99VADERS.mp3 ADDVANCE.mp3 ANTWARS.mp3 BACGAMMON.mp3

NORAD.mp3

Edited by sparkdrummer
Added NORAD
  • Like 7

On 10/26/2020 at 10:02 PM, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Most of the games, except for chicken, can be found on the GAMEBASE. There's also a cover shot of Thief.

Thanks.  I installed the latest version of the TI Gamebase.  The cover of the Thief tape tape is so homemade looking:

Thief.JPG.4c7bdd37619c35bbb306912c1188ac16.JPG

This is why I love these BASIC games made by people who made games because they loved to do it.

Adam

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wierd_w said:

It looks like he's trying to get something from a vending machine to me... 

Maybe the game is about how vending machines steal all your money, and fail to dispense product? Wouldn't that be a twist? ;)

LOL!  Yeah, I mean, really; I was holding my belly as I laughed at this observation, which just may be true.

Adam

EXTENDED SOFTWARE COMPANY Cassette Software

Tested - they load fine

All are Extended Basic - go figure...

ARTILLERY.mp3 BOMB SQUAD.mp3 DECIPHER.mp3 DIABLO.mp3 EXTENDED BASEBALL.mp3 FLIP CHECKERS.mp3 FROGGY.mp3 GORFIA PESTULITIS.mp3 HITLERS DIARY.mp3 PUZZLE 15.mp3 TIC TAC TOE.mp3

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sparkdrummer said:

All are Extended Basic - go figure...

I found some information about some of these games by Extended Software Company on page 4 in the Winter 1984 "TI Home Computer Users Club" newsletter from England:

http://ftp.whtech.com/user%20groups/TIHCUC-England/TIHCUC-England-1984-Winter.pdf#Page=4

I've copy and pasted the information here:

KONG by Extended Software Company Cat. No. T.9 £7.95

Can Kong save Roxanne? Only if you help him to jump the barrels and bombs to get to the next ladder en route to the top of the warehouse. 6 levels of action requiring joysticks. This program is Extended Software Company's best seller in the U.S.

DIABLO by Extended Software Company Cat. No. T.11 £8.95

A brand new game using a brand new idea, the latest game from Extended Software Company which gives new meaning to the word 'frustration'. Maneuver any of the 116 movable tiles to form tracks over which you must guide a moving ball. Sounds easy? It's not, each track disappears after the ball rolls over it, leaving less and less track.

"This game is not an action game. It's an intimidator!" The SPRITE Sept. 1983

I love reading about these hard-to-find games.

Adam

22 minutes ago, sparkdrummer said:

All are Extended Basic - go figure.

I found a description of Froggy in the TI-99/4a Software Directory:

https://archive.org/details/tibook_ti994a-software-directory/

408031A Froggy

Maneuver a leap frog across ten lanes of automobile traffic. Then, with great skill and timing, leap from log to randomly moving log until all five frogs are safely across the crocodile stream. Sprite action is fast and controllable by keyboard or joysticks in four directions. Score and high score of the day are kept. Great action with music and sound.

Peripheral Requirements:

Disk drive and controller or cassette recorder and cable are required.

Extended BASIC cartridge is required.

Wired remote controllers (joysticks) are optional.

EXTENDED SOFTWARE COMPANY

11987 CEDARCREEK DRIVE

CINCINATTI, OH. 45240

TEL(513) 825-6645

Disk/Cassette

----------------

Thanks goodness that OCR exists, otherwise this information would simply not be easily found, or, perhaps, found at all in the giant mess of the Internet.

Adam

• Like 2

Replying to post 113 from sparkdrummer (I used cut and paste there!! ;->)-

I have done a bit of code reading and following for Addvance regarding the 2570 GOTO 2570.  Good exercise!

Not a BUG, but a deliberate end of game.

When one player reaches the target score, that players number is written across the bottom of the screen and 2570 GOTO 2570 holds the program there.  Break to end.

If this causes you a problem initially, set the target score higher- I'd suggest a winning score of 50 to 100 is about right.  This game really does call for a compiled version, it is sloooooow..... but with a bit of speed could be fun for a while.

s

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackbox said:

Replying to post 113 from sparkdrummer (I used cut and paste there!! ;->)-

I have done a bit of code reading and following for Addvance regarding the 2570 GOTO 2570.  Good exercise!

Not a BUG, but a deliberate end of game.

When one player reaches the target score, that players number is written across the bottom of the screen and 2570 GOTO 2570 holds the program there.  Break to end.

If this causes you a problem initially, set the target score higher- I'd suggest a winning score of 50 to 100 is about right.  This game really does call for a compiled version, it is sloooooow..... but with a bit of speed could be fun for a while.

s

@blackbox @sparkdrummer the Addvance game is now patched, compiled and in SSS. It's now fast, really fast! ? You can find it in the compiled games thread, please have some sessions to ensure that all is fine. It looks interesting. A scan of the manual is needed if not already available. ;-) 

• Like 2

Two birds with one stone....

SHIPS is on ships.dsk below.  IMPORTANT! You cannot run this from a disk system!!   To transfer to mp3, in TI Basic,  first CALL FILES(1) then NEW. Then OLD DSK1.SHIPS and save to CS1 (eg create the wav file).

Before you try to run this in TI Basic, disconnect any disk system completely.

Once saved to tape it will only run in TI Basic when there is NO disk system attached at all- even with CALL FILES(1) there is not enough memory to run the program, and TI Basic cannot use 32k ram.

For my personal version, I have amended it to run in XB using VDP Util (BXB is fine)  and it can then use 32k ram.

ADDVANCE: manual here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/?p=4193042

ships.dsk

1 hour ago, blackbox said:

SHIPS is on ships.dsk below.  IMPORTANT! You cannot run this from a disk system!!!

Thanks for the very exact information on how to run the program from TI BASIC.  Also, thanks for compiling this game.  I haven't tried it out, but I'm quite curious to see the speed difference between the two versions.

Adam

SP Cassette Software

PENGI is Console Basic

The other 2 are Extended Basic

I've pretty much run the gamut of what I have for commercial released cassette software.

I do have TImagination titles with the exception of a complete PSYBORG, Still waiting for it in a complete form.

If anybody has any other Commercial collections of cassette software, please upload a dsk here and I'll make MP3's

I suppose I could do Adventure and Tunnels of Doom MP3's, eh?

HALLOWEEN.mp3 PENGI.mp3 ROO.mp3

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Does this work with MP3? I always thought MP3 would modify sound data in a way that you cannot hear, but it does change them, so it might not be suitable for digital data. This is how the wave form looks like.

The TI does not seem to care.  MP3, AAC, and AMR all work fine.

• Like 2