IGNORED

Why is shipping so high?

In general the shipping is pretty high. I received two paperbacks from the us (to Australia) recently and the shipping was more than the books! 

At the moment shipping has also gone up in price because there are virtually no passenger flights now. A lot of freight hitches a ride with those planes. If you're lucky and find what you want on Amazon then there's no difference because Amazon have their own fleet. 

• Like 1

Some Ebay merchants used to add high shipping costs as a hedge against winning bids close to the reserve and customer product-returns; in the case of a chargeback, it is immaterial as the entire cost, including shipping, is tabulated.  It used to be the case that refunds were granted on the item sell-value minus shipping.  So, say, if you bought or won an auction for a mimsy borogove for 3 bucks, and shipping was 7 ga-gillion, you were refunded 3 bucks; it was pointless to contest the purchase, the seller was indemnified, and made a pretty sum off the sale.  Currently, I believe most refunds include the shipping costs.  More often than not, this pricing chicanery is really just a attention-getting retail gimmick. . . people often search-filter for lowest price.  I don't do business with these people; they should be selling lemonade or something.

In the case of this listing, looks like the shipping rate might be reasonable; Denmark and the Netherlands have some of the highest shipping costs in the EU.  I order stuff from the UK every now and then, and the shipping costs seem a lot less.