shear_xear

7800 with flickering interference

The two I have used while troubleshooting I received about two weeks ago.  I did just get a few more yesterday, but they could be from the same batch as well.  I will try one of them out just to be sure.  I do know that the UAV I used to check if the problem carried over to a second board worked perfectly with a later revision board, so there is definitely something about this revision that is causing this. 

Well the same problem occurred with the third UAV board.  I know I have installed the UAV on three 7800’s with the expansion port, but these are the first two that were fully socketed.  

Ok, so is there an actual difference between the white label pack in version of Pole Position II and the retail version with the picture of the cars?  I tested several new games, and none exhibited the flickering problem I had with Pole Position II and Ballblazer.  I think the problem is with these specific game cartridges.  

Well...let me check my copy of PPII but mine is the white label pack in version. I also on a BB cart and I literally just modded up a 7800 about 30min with one of the new UAVs I received and at least on the diagnostics and initial games I was playing, it was working fine.

I think it’s the cartridges themselves. I can’t imagine Atari doing more than just sticking a new label on the retail version of Pole Position II.  Everything else worked as it should, including a couple homebrews.  No issues whatsoever.

Sent you a PM on something to look into. Let me know if it helps or if yours is something similar to what I found.