IGNORED

Wrong He-Man MOTU Comic Book on ebay

Humblejack

Hi all,

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying this but just wanted all to know that this is not the comic book that came in the box for the Intellivision.

I am only doing this so someone does not buy this thinking they will complete there boxed game and find out it is the wrong one when they try to sell it.

ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMIC-ONLY-Masters-of-the-Universe-He-Man-Intellivision-Video-Game-System/303695702109?epid=167408149&hash=item46b5aca85d:g:IZ0AAOSwRJhfZMv8

EBAY AUCTION COMIC

s-l1600.jpg

ORIGINAL COMIC THAT CAME IN THE BOX

403282045_MastersoftheUniverseComic0152-0170USA1.thumb.jpg.f515c0d8885144413dfe4759ae0acc27.jpg

3 minutes ago, mr_intv said:

This is the comic inside my box. Were there different comics included? Now I’m very curious. 

3E8F0E94-D6A5-48DE-A41B-279F4057E135.jpeg

I'm sure someone put that in the box before they sold it to you. If you look at the bottom right hand corner of the pic I posted it has a part number that is unique to the Intellivision version.  They sold many different MOTU comics but to my knowledge only one had the Intellivsion part number that is in conjunction with all Intellivision manual numbering system.

2 hours ago, mr_intv said:

This is the comic inside my box. Were there different comics included? Now I’m very curious. 

3E8F0E94-D6A5-48DE-A41B-279F4057E135.jpeg

Odd for it to say Mattel Canada; is it bilingual?  I'm assuming you're not the original owner.  Where was the comic book printed and is that country listed on the box?

Edited by mr_me

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

Odd for it to say Mattel Canada; is it bilingual?  I'm assuming you're not the original owner.  Where was the comic book printed and is that country listed on the box?

It is bilingual. The other side is French. Says it was printed in Malaysia. My box says made in Hong Kong,Korea,Singapore, or USA as designated thereon. 
I purchased it a number of years ago from a game store in Edmonton. Did the Heman action figures and play sets also come with comics?

image.jpg

image.jpg

10 hours ago, Humblejack said:

Hi all,

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying this but just wanted all to know that this is not the comic book that came in the box for the Intellivision.

I am only doing this so someone does not buy this thinking they will complete there boxed game and find out it is the wrong one when they try to sell it.

ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMIC-ONLY-Masters-of-the-Universe-He-Man-Intellivision-Video-Game-System/303695702109?epid=167408149&hash=item46b5aca85d:g:IZ0AAOSwRJhfZMv8

EBAY AUCTION COMIC

s-l1600.jpg

That one with the red splash thing in the bottom corner came with an action figure, I believe.

Well it appears I am still in need of the proper comic. I have 4 copies of MOTU, a sealed one from the 125 set, an open one from the 125 set (now for sale)....also with the wrong comic which i was not aware of until tonight, the 3rd white label inc. one without a comic (which is what i was hoping this purchase to fit)...also by the way if anyone has a white label inc. cartridge without the origin and date let me know, and i have a 4th game from digiplay.....which as far as I know has no comic book originally with it. Buyer beware I guess...also don't compare it to the wrong comic in your collection as well!!! So that open 125 game is for sale with wrong comic, but i still need one proper comic if there is any out there.

• 2 weeks later...