IGNORED

Rarity Guide for Sears Super Video Arcade Branded Games?

sixersfan105

I did some research last night.  Preliminary rarity findings...

Easiest to find:

Space Armada

Poker and Blackjack

Star Strike

Space Battle

Sea Battle

Space Hawk

Football

Auto Racing

Night Stalker

Hardest to find:

Hong Kong Night Stalker

Backgammon

Checkers

Roulette

Snafu

Basketball

Soccer

Bowling

Hockey

Frog Bog

Tennis

Utopia

One disturbing finding is the number of games I could find only from HappiestSellerEver!  Most of the commons they had listed were priced $40-90 and they had multiple copies of many of them listed.  Kinda like they were trying to corner the market.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I did some research last night.  Preliminary rarity findings...

Easiest to find:

Space Armada

Poker and Blackjack

Star Strike

Space Battle

Sea Battle

Space Hawk

Football

Auto Racing

Night Stalker

Hardest to find:

Hong Kong Night Stalker

Backgammon

Checkers

Roulette

Snafu

Basketball

Soccer

Bowling

Hockey

Frog Bog

Tennis

Utopia

One disturbing finding is the number of games I could find only from HappiestSellerEver!  Most of the commons they had listed were priced $40-90 and they had multiple copies of many of them listed.  Kinda like they were trying to corner the market.

You hit the nail on the head there.  That’s his M.O.  He picks something and goes all in buying everything he can find and then tries to flip them at ~10x what he paid. He’s big into the Sears Intellivision games right now as well as Channel F Games. 

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Yup, much like @Atari_Bill just said, happiestsellerever is a total joke. I've also spoken to him about his absurd pricing and he *claims* he's not in control of it because he operates on consignment. I don't believe that for a second. I always just avoid that seller at all costs and buy from more reasonable sellers.

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yup, much like @Atari_Bill just said, happiestsellerever is a total joke. I've also spoken to him about his absurd pricing and he *claims* he's not in control of it because he operates on consignment. I don't believe that for a second. I always just avoid that seller at all costs and buy from more reasonable sellers.

I don’t believe the consignment story at all.  I’ve tracked his buying over the last several years and I know his buying practices. I can’t tell you how many items I’ve seen him pick up and within a week re-list at laughable prices.  

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

I don’t believe the consignment story at all.  I’ve tracked his buying over the last several years and I know his buying practices. I can’t tell you how many items I’ve seen him pick up and within a week re-list at laughable prices.  

For example, he bought all of my signed NIS Space Spartans when he saw them well over a year ago (got three, I think) then jacked up the price from $25ish to $129.95. That got him banned from buying from me. In return, I cannot buy from him using my BlueSkyRangers ID.

All I need to make more is NIS Space Spartans......

Edited by BSRSteve
  • Like 1

Yep, consignment story is garbage. He has been flipping for years.  And he rotates thru diffetent rare items trying to make these artifical pricing markets to inflate price. Buying up every copy of things and jacking the price 2 to 3 times the high end.

He used to mainly do it to atari but the last couple years he is all over doing it to many consoles. Even getting into more niche stuff like channel f and arcadia and even arcadia clones.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stupus said:

Yep, consignment story is garbage. He has been flipping for years.  And he rotates thru diffetent rare items trying to make these artifical pricing markets to inflate price. Buying up every copy of things and jacking the price 2 to 3 times the high end.

He used to mainly do it to atari but the last couple years he is all over doing it to many consoles. Even getting into more niche stuff like channel f and arcadia and even arcadia clones.

Ah yes, I recall coming across this seller a lot when I was building up my Atari collection a few years back. At the time I was in the market for Tapper for 2600 CIB, he had a couple of listings for $220 and I wound up purchasing elsewhere for $50. As evidenced by his many of his current listings, he's doing the same with Sears Intellivision and several other consoles now, too. Maybe the angle at which he places the boxes in his pictures adds value? ?

In any event, I'll be biding my time on the Sears titles! Are there any Intellivision vendors that anyone would recommend to try for Sears titles?

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Ah yes, I recall coming across this seller a lot when I was building up my Atari collection a few years back. At the time I was in the market for Tapper for 2600 CIB, he had a couple of listings for $220 and I wound up purchasing elsewhere for $50. As evidenced by his many of his current listings, he's doing the same with Sears Intellivision and several other consoles now, too. Maybe the angle at which he places the boxes in his pictures adds value? ?

In any event, I'll be biding my time on the Sears titles! Are there any Intellivision vendors that anyone would recommend to try for Sears titles?

A good way to find games is to post your want list here on AA and let members who have them contact you. I have most of the common games.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, colormesticky said:

I'm still after Sears Frog Bog and Snafu, for the record. 

A Sears Frog Bog sold on eBay yesterday for $20. I bought one three weeks ago on eBay for $10. They pop up from time to time. Snafu seems to be much harder to find (I'm still looking, too).

• Like 1

@JasonlikesINTV outside of the top sale (which probably had a bidding war jack it up), all of the others are right in line with the $85 sale from the other day. So looks like value hasn't changed much in the past two years. 

oh or do you mean the sheer frequency of sales/listings?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone looking for Sears Intellivision games, I recommend dropping Mike a line at Collector's Cards and Games. His email is collectorscardsandgames@gmail.com. He has several and for good prices. I just got Roulette from him for $20. More common games are cheaper. Depending on how long your list is, it could take him a week to get back to you, but all in good time, right? :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...