IGNORED

Atari 7800 Lot - Console, Box, Manual, Joypads, plus 32 7800 Games, 23 CIB

DavidT

Complete bundle

32 games - all 7800, 23 CIB, 9 Cartridge only, only 1 dupe, so total of 31 unique games

Console, Power Supply, Original Box, Manual, Warranty and extended warranty cards

2 x CX24 controllers

2 x CX78 Joypads, including screw-in sticks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164386863695

Game List:

Name Condition Box/Manual Tested
Ace of Aces   Y/Y Y
Asteroids   Y/Y Y
Ballblazer   Y/Y Y
Centipede   Y/Y Y
Crack'ed   Y/Y Y
Crossbow   Y/Y Y
Dark Chambers   Y/Y Y
Donkey Kong Box squished Y/Y Y
Donkey Kong Jr Box squished Y/Y Y
Galaga   Y/Y Y
Hat Trick   Y/Y Y
Jinks   YY Y
Joust   Y/Y Y
Karateka   Y/Y Y
Mat Mania Challenge   Y/Y Y
One-on-One   Y/Y Y
Robotron: 2084   Y/Y Y
Basketbrawl   Y/Y Y
Summer Games   Y/Y Y
Touchdown Football   Y/Y Y
Tower Toppler Box squished Y/Y Y
Winter Games   Y/Y Y
Xevious   Y/Y Y
Asteroids - copy 2   N/N Y
Choplifter!   N/N Y
Desert Falcon   N/N Y
Dig Dug   N/N Y
F-18 Hornet   N/N Y
Fight Night   N/N Y
Food Fight   N/N Y
Ms. Pac Man   N/N Y
Pole Position II   N/N Y
  • Like 1

I bought the console and most the games factory sealed in I think '94 or '95 from an electronics store in an outlet mall in the US. (It was a huge deal on usenet back at the time, they had many of the bundles for sale at outlet malls across the US).

It's (obviously) an NTSC console, games, and the warranty and manual are all US.

So no, I didn't go out an buy a PAL box from Europe trying to 'deceive'. Looks like this box was discussed here 3 years ago @

Since we're all in Philly, feel free to stop by and inspect and judge :|

I had a junior that was ntsc that came in a pal box as well (matching serials and all that), Atari corp wasn't exactly known for their quality control, Them just cobbling together what ever systems, boxes, controllers, and paper work they had and shipping them off is completely within their history.  (I've gotten the wrong game in boxes, water damaged and games with the wrong label, all from sealed boxes)

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

If the serial matches on the console and the box that would be pretty neat actually. Still a PAL box and an NTSC console. Without matching serial numbers it would be very hard for people to take you at your word I hope you agree.

Mmmkay,

Just checked, box doesn't have a serial number on it, so that's a no go.

Everything on the box (and in the box) is in US English, just looked up a European/PAL 7800 box and apparently it looks like this

Atari 7800 console, complete in box with 2 controllers, cables and game Asteroids

So, either of two scenarios here:

- Atari packaged and sold these in the mid 90s to get rid of inventory, and threw together whatever (like other commenter noted), I bought one which has been hiding out in my basement, and now I'm cleaning up and selling it, or

- One my travels through the world I ended up at an Albanian village, where an old grandma motioned me to her cottage, and pulled out a 7800 box she sold me for $3 and a pair of Levis. I took the box home and hatched my evil plan to sell it 15+ years later as "Atari 7800 console, box, manual etc"

Obviously someone else ran into the Albanian grandma too and posted the box here 3 years ago, hope they didn't get crucified for trying to sell it, and too bad it's not considered a rare label variant, or everyone would be spooging all over it.

If it doesn't sell on ebay I'll take the whole lot and set it on fire to repent, I'll post the video here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It is an Atari Mexico box and comes with an NTSC 7800. I don't think the box has a serial number on it. That is just the way the box is.

I am not sure why Atari Mexico choose to have their own box that looks somewhat similar to the PAL 7800 boxes.

Mitch

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mitch said:

It is an Atari Mexico box and comes with an NTSC 7800. I don't think the box has a serial number on it. That is just the way the box is.

I am not sure why Atari Mexico choose to have their own box that looks somewhat similar to the PAL 7800 boxes.

Mitch

Thanks Mitch, that's helpful! I will add it to the auction description so nobody else will get their panties in a wad.

Wow, with the comments and attitude given by this guy I would not even consider buying from him...... ? Take it to Ebay or just burn it, we'll be sure either way not to "get our panties in a wad" Mr. 5 posts, welcome to our humble community...?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Whelp. . . now that everyone is done smacking one another with folding chairs. . .

Looks like the region-code is specified in the product description now, so that's good.  Most folks are using LCDs these days anyway, so it's not terribly important; most LCDs have multiple region-code options.

Yes, at this point in Atari's history, Atari had a more or less lackadaisical, uninspired, off-the-shelf approach to merchandising this thing and respective titles; I have a Mario Bros. with an upside-down label on it.  They just wanted their inventory liquidated as far as this unit was concerned. . . just kind of mixed and matched everything (better than a landfill I guess).  They probably just ran out of NTSC boxes, and used a box for all regions.  SECAMs/SCARTs were probably packed in the same generic box.

I'd probably just toss the box anyway, and store the unit in that Vera Bradly Crossbody bag you're selling ?

Interesting, so this was a NTSC unit with stock joypads and Asteroids Deluxe PIB?  That's cool.  Good luck with your sale!

On 9/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, DavidT said:

I bought the console and most the games factory sealed in I think '94 or '95 from an electronics store in an outlet mall in the US. (It was a huge deal on usenet back at the time, they had many of the bundles for sale at outlet malls across the US).

It's (obviously) an NTSC console, games, and the warranty and manual are all US.

So no, I didn't go out an buy a PAL box from Europe trying to 'deceive'. Looks like this box was discussed here 3 years ago @

Since we're all in Philly, feel free to stop by and inspect and judge :|

I bought an Atari 2600 Jr. system from an outlet store around 1993 to 1995.  It came with several new games.  By the time that I got to the store the 7800 systems were sold out.  I still have my system.  The box is in multiple languages.  The 2600 Jr. system has the serial number.