IGNORED

adam242

cvga

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Highly recommended. Transaction was for a set of books. Pictures and additional information were provided on request. Communication was prompt, informative, and clear. Understanding and flexible for payment methods. Shipping was fast. Books arrived well packed in a box and in excellent shape.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I responded to for sale ad from Adam and here is that exchange:

Me: "Would you take $X shipped?" - 5/15/23 02:26am

Adam: "How about $Y shipped?" - 5/15/23 01:40pm

Me: "Ok sounds good!  Let me know your paypal and I'll send friend and family pay.  My address is: xxx" - 5/15/23 9:17pm

Adam: "Sorry, Mike. While I was waiting for your response, someone offered me full asking price for it." - 5/16/23 9:17pm

Me: "And you didn't think to offer that price to me?  I was after all the first person to respond to you about it....  Also I replied 21 hours ago..." - 5/16/23 10:17pm

Adam: "Yes, and the other buyer offered me full price 27 hours ago. Again, I'm sorry." - 5/16/23 10:46pm

Me: "Prior to that 27 hours ago you had already made ME an offer and IMHO you should not have accepted another offer without at least finishing the negotiation with me.  (ie offering it to me at full price)    I want to let you know I plan to leave feedback about this sale." - 5/16/23 10:55pm

Adam: "Do whatever you feel you need to do. I've done nothing wrong. And I will leave "feedback" for you as well over a transaction that never took place." - 5/16/23 10:57pm

Me: "You DID do something wrong, you had made me and offer and did not wait for the reply.  THAT IS WRONG." - 5/16/23 10:58pm

Adam: "An offer is NOT a commitment. First come, first served. Grow up." - 5/16/23 10:59pm

Me: "I'm sorry I'm older than you are obviously because that is NOT how an honorable individual does a transaction.  Once we both had started negotiations then the correct and honorable thing would be to finish that negotiation." - 5/16/23 11:05pm

Adam: "Then you should have responded sooner. I was in no binding negotiation with you." - 5/16/23 11:09pm

This is not about legality this is about performing a sale in an honorable way.  IMHO this was not handled in an honorable way.  Every sale I've ever done I've always given the buyer a chance to respond because most people have a life and aren't able to respond 24x7.  Just offering how this went down. 

• Haha 1

Yes, the guy took 8 hours to respond to an offer and got butt-hurt that in the meantime someone else offered me full asking price.

Making a lowball offer then getting upset that a buyer accepted a full-price sale is NOT how you transact.

Edited by adam242

• 2 weeks later...

Item brand new as described, works perfectly, shipped promptly. Better yet, forthright member of the community who values reputation above business proceeds. Glad to have made yet another friend here on AtariAge. Transact with confidence. Thanks, Adam!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@adam242 was kind enough to sell me a CX85 brand new in the box for my museum project. His offered it to me for a really good rate and I received it very quickly after sending payment.

I can't wait to see what else he has to sell. 

• Thanks 1