IGNORED

Vic20 Emulator (that can run Sargon II Chess)

CrazyBoss

I don't know how many emulators there are, but I just tested with WinVICE 3.4. Apart from the fact that my mouse pointer disappears, it runs Sargon II and other games fine.

Download the PRG file (8194 bytes) and attach it as a cartridge. The emulator will automatically reset and start the game. Adjust screen position with cursor keys. The game doesn't seem to work with symbolic keyboard mapping, you have to change it in the settings to positional keyboard mapping.

11 hours ago, carlsson said:

I don't know how many emulators there are, but I just tested with WinVICE 3.4. Apart from the fact that my mouse pointer disappears, it runs Sargon II and other games fine.

Download the PRG file (8194 bytes) and attach it as a cartridge. The emulator will automatically reset and start the game. Adjust screen position with cursor keys. The game doesn't seem to work with symbolic keyboard mapping, you have to change it in the settings to positional keyboard mapping.

Hmmm.. I recall it crashed on earlier versions of WinVICE. Anyway I downloaded the GTK3VICE-3.4-win64-r37296

But it dont run on my windows 10. When I click at the emulator file, it shows a commodore icon at the taskbar for some seconds and then its gone again. I dont see any setup files, I assume i just extract the folder to my computer and run the emulator exe files inside that folder, tried to run as administator too. Same problem.

Yes, that is it. On some computers, you would only get a blank emulator display due to it is configured to default to Gtk rendering with OpenGL which not all graphics cards support.

Alt+O to get to Settings, then choose Emulator and change Gtk render backend to Cairo would bring a display onto the emulator on the next launch, but if the program never starts, something else is odd. Do you have some antivirus program that possibly auto-blocks all new/unknown programs? Usually you get a warning first time you run a new program, possibly the antivirus scanning the binary before launching it.

For that matter, I'm sure all older versions of WinVICE has support of this cartridge too, nothing out of the ordinary so in case you find an older version 2.X it should run too. Actually I tend to prefer the older VICE versions as I'm used to their shortcuts and how they are configured.

Edited by carlsson