IGNORED

Atari 8bit Carts and stuff huge sell

Atari8bitCarts

I have many auctions on eBay in which I'd rather not pay eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/atari8bitcarts/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

If there is anything you want, contact me.

Bundling will discount further.

Some of the items:

http://www.atari8bitcarts.com/ataricollection.html

I have a lot of hardware not on eBay as its hard to ship.

Just to be clear, I'm using the links above to show the items I have for sale to the group. Let me know what you like and we can work out $. I like to bundle. Payment would be by PayPal.

Thanx.

Edited by Atari8bitCarts

1 hour ago, 5fikev said:

I could never afford it and maybe this is the wrong time since you are selling but I just wanted to say that's an amazing collection you have there!

Thanx. You should have seen it 2 years ago :)

Someone else needs to enjoy them now. I'll keep just enough to keep playing, etc. But they have their own room and are just collecting dust.

And my kids are telling me that they'll wait till I die and sell off for a $1 :) They have no interest in the stuff, what is wrong with kids these days....

Edited by Atari8bitCarts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Atari8bitCarts said:

They have no interest in the stuff, what is wrong with kids these days....

I mean you can't blame people for not liking the same stuff you like. To a lot of people these old electronics are useless piles of junk that just take of money and space.

4 hours ago, Atari8bitCarts said:

Someone else needs to enjoy them now. I'll keep just enough to keep playing, etc. But they have their own room and are just collecting dust.

And my kids are telling me that they'll wait till I die and sell off for a $1 :) They have no interest in the stuff, what is wrong with kids these days....

I definitely understand that.  My kids appreciate the video games at this point but who knows if they will still care at that point.  My guess is probably not.

7 minutes ago, ianoid said:

This belongs in the auction forum because it has an eBay link. If that's the workaround then I'll just post my auctions here and say I'd like to sell them privately.

That was not my intent. Suggesting that was my workaround is asking for conflict, I'm exhausted with all the drama here. 

But why does it matter if you use the eBay link to show what you want to sell to people directly. Are you suggesting I need to re-create all of it again on new forum posts. 

As I understood it, the 'Auction Central' topic was for items that were not to be privately sold, but to be purchased via the links. I was really just being efficient.

• Like 2

Note that I'm willing to work with the AA users on price, etc.. But if it's a great cart, etc. please don't offer 1/20th what it is worth.

I'm not giving the stuff away. Availability and market drives the price.

Don't try to persuade me that you need it cheap, with intent to resell it, ain't going to happen. I've been doing this for a long time.

I take really good care of my collection and am fair.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:55 AM, Atari8bitCarts said:

Note that I'm willing to work with the AA users on price, etc.. But if it's a great cart, etc. please don't offer 1/20th what it is worth.

I'm not giving the stuff away. Availability and market drives the price.

Don't try to persuade me that you need it cheap, with intent to resell it, ain't going to happen. I've been doing this for a long time.

I take really good care of my collection and am fair.

Providing prices for all the items you want to sell would really help. The info you provided in the post I quoted from you really isn't helping any potential buyers, if anything you might be scaring them off.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, Atari8bitCarts said:

I'm a former kid that appreciates those things!  My first computer was an Atari 800 that my Dad gave me for Christmas and now I'm giving in to my nostalgia and starting my collection to play with.  I'm also working up a replica of our setup to surprise my Dad with and see if I can get him re-playing some of the games we enjoyed when I was a kid.  Great fun!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NxtOp said:

I'm a former kid that appreciates those things!  My first computer was an Atari 800 that my Dad gave me for Christmas and now I'm giving in to my nostalgia and starting my collection to play with.  I'm also working up a replica of our setup to surprise my Dad with and see if I can get him re-playing some of the games we enjoyed when I was a kid.  Great fun!

I had an Atari 400, my friend had the 800 but he was rich :) I worked as a paperboy, corn detassler, etc. to save up enough to purchase the 400, cassette recorder, etc.

Your dad should be surprised and if anything like me, very happy with what you plan on doing. That's really cool. I played Donkey Kong and some others with my son, but kids these days have much nicer games and have no patience. He's 24 now, but I hope he looks but on that.