IGNORED

When Cats Attack

Rev

Considering that Radar Rat Race started as a port of Rally-X that Commodore supposedly were allowed to sell within Japan but not internationally, so they made a few changes to the game and got away with it, seemingly without any consequences from Namco, I don't think the look and feel of a 40 year old copy of another game would stir too many hot feelings today. I think the secret ingredient here is that Atari never held the home computer or console rights to Rally-X and to me they seemed to be the aggressive party. Namco themselves cared about unlicensed coin-ops but probably not so much home versions.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Is this being programmed by Kai Magazine? Visuals sort of look like his style.

When Elektronite started, we thought that we'd have no trouble with just renaming a work alike or work similar....ie D2K Arcade and DK Arcade. However, we soon realized that it really hampered our ability to get rights to various games. We think that we are totally within our rights to do Cat Attack!!! that is very similar in game play to a popular arcade game. Nevertheless, the programmer doesn't want to be credited with his real name and is going under the moniker 'Intellivision Pixel Magic'. 

Kai Magazine recently finished the epic Star Mercenary for Elektronite and has been very busy with finishing up small details. He has also been continuing work on "Modern" TNT Cowboy. 

21 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

A friend of a friend told me the developer of this game wishes to remain annonymous due to the similarity with Rat Race and Rally X, so please don't ask who did it and just enjoy it ;)

Ahh, Mystery Man 2(Mystery Man 1 is on the Coleco side) programmed this game.  The shadowy figure typing on the keyboard in a far-away shrouded place with a small glow off the computer monitor.

I really dig the graphics for this game.   Mouse is my favorite animal when growing up. 

21 hours ago, carlsson said:

Considering that Radar Rat Race started as a port of Rally-X that Commodore supposedly were allowed to sell within Japan but not internationally, so they made a few changes to the game and got away with it, seemingly without any consequences from Namco, I don't think the look and feel of a 40 year old copy of another game would stir too many hot feelings today. I think the secret ingredient here is that Atari never held the home computer or console rights to Rally-X and to me they seemed to be the aggressive party. Namco themselves cared about unlicensed coin-ops but probably not so much home versions.

Radar Cat Race?

- J

I think the game looks great! The only feedback I would give, as more polish is added is

1. Don't make the text all upper-case.

2. Add background music for each of the levels, potentially 2 songs per level or each level with a very long song. Also add the option to replace the in-level music with something unobtrusive like just a "skittering" noise that can be repeated that will not be harsh to the ear after hours of play.

This looks like another must-buy! I hope I can get it for my LTO Flash!