IGNORED

Any Elite Frontier players here?

Randy

Always wanted to play this and got a copy onto the HD thanks to Peter.  However, the save file seem to corrupt too often and was wondering if the original disks from the game are hard drive installable and playable.  From the manual I have it would seem so.  Might need to go Gotek on this game instead of using the US version.  Thanks

Thanks, Oracle, that was kind of what I thought from both the run instructions, which indicated an install to the hard drive, and I do know from running the game that I have to enter the first word from page this and word that, so that would seem, much like Breach and other non-copy protected games.

Peter, love that you have this game on your webpage, but I do seem to have a number of issues in running on both my 4 meg 1040 STe and 4 meg Mega STe with saving the game, the game save feature seems to not save at times (although I will need to check that again) and the in-game save feature also is failure-prone.  Stopped playing a couple of weeks ago (too busy at work) but I will have another go at running and see if I can get that working in a regular manner.  Thanks!

OK, I will make new hard disk (or if you like so UltraSatan) version, with newer system and will test especially saves.

Game looks really nice and is complex, and later means slower on poor old ST. With MSTE at 16 MHz should be better.

I admit that did not play it more than few shorter tests.

My previous 'comment' was mostly because those old hard disk installers for some games work not really good with new storage, there are some obscure tests, and large partition sizes may be problem too. Often it must be first level directory on C :  

• Like 1

Thanks Peter, I'll check it out when you are done.  I got to a point in Elite where I accepted the 2nd mission which make the games unplayable, or more correctly, the Thargoids are coming at you continuously and so it is no longer any fun, just an exercise in continuous fighting until you die.  At that point, thought I would would give Elite II a go as it has a lot of missions and does seem as though there is much more to do in the game.  Thanks!